The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

Money Order Scams

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 02:57 PM
The Evil Twin

Money Order Scams

Ok, so I have an L28 for sale on Craigslist

- - -

i saw the listing of your ads on craigslist.org and am very much interested in it,i want to know if it's still up for sales.
REGARDS.

yes it is still for sale.

hi,thanks for the mail the price $200.00 is okay by me i will send the payment via moneyorder the payment will include the shipper's fund so when the payment get to you, you will have to send the shipper's fund to the shipper for him to come for the pickup.if you are comfortable with this arrangement i will need your full name,address and phone number so that i can send the payment

no

you must walk to my house with the money order in person and carry this engine home in your arms. That is the only shipping arrangement I will accept.

Old 01-08-2007, 03:07 PM
The Good Twin

At least it wasn't the Nigerian Prince offering $4.5 million if you help him transfer his $20 billion into your bank account to get his $$$ to America.

Yes... here's my bank and account number...
Old 01-08-2007, 03:15 PM

I'm not sure I understand. It sounds like he would send you a money order for the engine and shipping, and once you get cash for the money order, the "shipper" gets paid and comes to pick up the engine. Correct??
Old 01-08-2007, 03:21 PM
The Evil Twin

Its way too generic. Its a scam. he asked no questions about the engine or even mentions that it is an engine he is interested in.

Like I'm really going to ship a 500 pound engine I have advertised on a local Craigslist ad. He sends a bogus check, it clears at first, I send the engine plus the extra money to him. Then the check bounces and they take all the money back out of my account. I'm sure if I got the check in the mail it would have a shipping address outside of the USA.

Or I depost the check and wait.... for a couple weeks. Then my bank possibly files criminal charges against me for trying to deposit a fake money order. It has happened like that to some people!
Old 01-08-2007, 03:24 PM
The Good Twin

http://www.lets-ride.com/classifieda...s/thescams.htm

You usually end up cashing a bogus check / money order.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:26 PM

I wouldn't deal with a 3rd party even if it was legit and the only money order I would ever accept would be a US Postal Money order, because every town has a post office but not every other money order is excepted everywhere.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bleach
Its way too generic. Its a scam. I'm sure if I got the check in the mail it would have a shipping address outside of the USA.

Or I depost the check and wait.... for a couple weeks. Then my bank possibly files criminal charges against me for trying to deposit a fake money order. It has happened like that to some people!

Same thing happened to my mom and they closed her account and wanted her to pay like $8,000
Old 01-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Taste My Rainbow

If Thats The Case Make Sure They Get An International Money Order From The Postal Office.. The Only Way I'd Do That.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by NismoPick
At least it wasn't the Nigerian Prince offering $4.5 million if you help him transfer his $20 billion into your bank account to get his $$$ to America...
I've often wanted to open an account with only a few bucks in it, with the bank my brother works at and when the $4.5 billion comes in, i will split it with the bank. Knowing it won't come in, but just to watch the scam happen. If there is only like $5 in the account, he cant do any damage. Just like my paypal account only has money that i deposit to cover paypal purchases and nothing else.
It would be interesting to see the scam in operation.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:17 PM

Well the way the bank put it to my mom was even though they didn't lose any money they were suing her because she put the bank at risk, those were their exact words...Bank of America.
Old 01-08-2007, 04:25 PM
Taste My Rainbow

Bank Of American = Ricers
Old 01-08-2007, 06:05 PM
The Evil Twin

Originally Posted by 3XAZOWNER
I've often wanted to open an account with only a few bucks in it, with the bank my brother works at and when the $4.5 billion comes in, i will split it with the bank. Knowing it won't come in, but just to watch the scam happen. If there is only like $5 in the account, he cant do any damage. Just like my paypal account only has money that i deposit to cover paypal purchases and nothing else.
It would be interesting to see the scam in operation.
they only talk about the millions to get your account number. They'll do a withdrawl, you'll go into the negative and they will have your money. You will end up with that on your credit if you don't pay. Banks are stupid!
Old 01-08-2007, 06:18 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
take NO money orders--unless theyre from me--pay for no shipping--thats their job--take NO cashiers checks--..........geez--folks are getting so weird and greedy--ya cannot even sell a car anymore--or anything-----i just stopped getting scammers who sais they wanted to buy my car--but the weird roadwork they want the seller to do----NO-------sheez,man--why cant they do their own legwork???
Old 01-08-2007, 06:22 PM

Haha I listed rims for a half ton Chevy on the recycler and i got an email that sounded exactly like bleach's I told the guy that i would send them only once the money order clears, and that I would place a hold on that money until the money is recieved..... Lets see if he emails me back...
Old 01-09-2007, 08:21 AM
The Evil Twin

I just wanted to see him try to carry an L28 home!
Old 01-09-2007, 08:19 PM
The Evil Twin

Hello seller,
Good day to you !i saw some of your goods places to add on net,. which is very intresting and attractive to me, plaese could you tell me more about it and the mothord of the payment you use to recieved,bag back to me ASAP.YOU CAN GET BACK TO ME THROUGHT MY PRIVATE EMAIL ADDRESS clime_info@fastermail.com hope to here from you soon as prossible.
Thanks
larry slater
Old 01-09-2007, 08:24 PM
The Good Twin

He was in such a hurry to scam people, he forgot to "speel cheque"...
Old 01-09-2007, 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Bleach

Thanks
larry slater
from saved by the bell?
Old 01-09-2007, 11:15 PM
The Evil Twin

Originally Posted by BigBirdsZ
from saved by the bell?
oh! I didn't realize it was him. I guess I can trust that guy!
Old 01-10-2007, 12:53 AM

maybe he always was a stand up guy
Old 01-10-2007, 08:38 AM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
hahaha-----mine were from great literary talents and political writers of the long past----adam smith; a few others----they cannot spell correctly and al seem to have or be an agent for someone else.........
their stuff was so funny i saved some.........
needless to say--i still have the car i was trying to sell--will be my dd.........
Old 01-30-2007, 12:45 PM
The Evil Twin

Here's another business op for you folks. Thought I would share the wealth

Good Day,

I represent a top company executive in London UK. I have a very
sensitive and private brief from this top executive to ask for your
partnership to re-profile funds over US$25,000,000.00 (Twenty five
Million U.S Dollars).I will give the details, but in summary, the
funds are coming via a bank in London and this is a legitimate
transaction. You will be paid 22% for your” management/consultancy
Fees” If I am able to reach terms with you.

If you are able to work to earn those fees, please write back
immediately by Email and provide me with your confidential Telephone number, fax and including your full postal address and I will provide further details.
Please keep this close to your chest as possible as you can we can
not afford any political problems in London. PLEASE MAIL ME FROM: willcurtis@mail2europe.com or you can reach me with this telephone number: Telephone: +44-7045705542.

Regards,
Williams Curtis.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:50 PM
Doesn't post much...

Nismo should be the first to respond to this...

With a link of course.
Old 01-30-2007, 12:51 PM
The Good Twin

$5.5M! Wow! You'd be a sucker not to do that. I mean... who cares if the guy doesn't even know who you are... he trusts YOU!
Old 01-30-2007, 12:51 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by RodMoyes
Nismo should be the first to respond to this...

With a link of course.
Bah! Ya beat me this time.....

Quick Reply: Money Order Scams