The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

irish/japanesw wake tonite

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 04:13 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
irish/japanesw wake tonite

my 1986 normally aspirated slicktop silver running parts car to be decided as i was exiting the coronado bridge today before noon that it was not going to put up with the designation of parts car.

i was going to go 8 more blocks, bur i pulled into where i live, and checked the oil--oil pressure is good. oil level is good. oil is not dirty enough. is lite brown, clearish---not black, as it should be when oil change is due. also has not been requiring its usual 1 quart every 300 miles.

what she is doing is making the most gawdawful valve racket--when the gas pedal is just slightly depresses, a bearing spinning sound happens, then the gawdawful racket.

this is not a knocking rod.
this is not a piston noise.
it sounds like tappets, only more valve-like--same rhythm and rate as tappets. but darker sound.

i am not going to repair piglet.
i cannot afford to do that.

right now nothing is severely destroyed--that is, nothing hads gone thru anything and the 244k mile engine is still without cracks or overheating problems. she runs good--just f**in g noisey and yelling she wants to die.

if someone wants to have a very reliable engine for rebuild--fanf*kingtastik.
i have no garage.

i am willing to make a deal or multiple deals regarding this car--she needs a good place to rest and be cannibalized.

is there someone who might be willing to:

supply a storage-until-parts-are-gone place? in exchange for whatever parts you think would be a good exhange for that service?

dismantle the beeyatch and sell the parts in exchange for whatever parts or part of the income from those parts??

alternative solutions?????

i am incredibly flexible and i need money from the parts.
or work done on my otherr 2 z31s--theyre turbos.

or whatever is mutually beneficial within reasonable limits.............

be nice to me--a member of my family just passed. her name is piglet. i am in mourning--deep.
Old 12-15-2006, 04:58 PM
Über User

too much purple.. i quit....
Old 12-15-2006, 06:09 PM
No Club Love

yo hag, is it a five lug? cause i need the front end if so...what year was it again??? oh and the MAF..thats all i can say for now....hit me back if thats a yes...i might be able to even give it a place while we strip it for others to have...oh and ZCB needs a gas tank popper, a window motor and some other things....So hit me back, and will it drive like a 110 miles?..I'll be there on the 22nd, so hit me back...Late.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:43 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
sweetie--the whole mufncar is a parts piece. engine needs a rebuild--i think the oil pump is dying, is howza come the car sounds like sh--. the block, heads etc are ok. the pistons should be ok. the 1986 NA 5-spd 15 inch 56 lug stock wheels are good. the tires are good--1 has a pin leak--big deal.fixable and stillm safe--they are tallest of the stock priofiles--good for freewy driving--which is what the car did for so many miles--she was my daily driver/commuter. i just need someone to allow her to take up some space while we take her apart--or we can dismantle her in 1 day in my park and all parts i do not want/need/can use will be gone at the same time everyone leaves. all parts must go.
my other 2 z31s are turbo, so i cannot use too many parts--none from engine--i cannot use the wheels--turbo wheels are 16". there are soime interior pieces and little things that i am able to use.

so-----do i wait until 2-3-2007 so we can have a little party and slicky "demolition"/cannibalization day????? is it possible to cannibalize totally a z31 in less than 12 hours??? whoever gets the big pieces will need a trailer---i have to park in a public park, so nothing can be left when the party is over.

or are there any alternative suggestions????? like--does someone who wants the biggest pieces have a garage so the rest can be removed
or are there even more alternatives i know nothing about?????

i am very sad that my car died like this--i was hoping that piglet would make it to 300k miles--she was only 54k out.

Last edited by z-hag; 12-15-2006 at 06:47 PM.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:50 PM
Queen of Yachts

sorry--will not allow me to edit----5 lug, not 56 lug wheels
Old 12-15-2006, 06:57 PM
No Club Love

cool 12 hours is pretty quick for stripping a car, but it could happen if theres more then a couple people. So what all parts don't you need..pretty much i just need what i said, and maybe a few others depending on condition and what not....so list it in the market place for anyone who needs/wants z31 n/a parts and see what happens. Either way with the date works, but i don't think the Zcar will be done by Feb. maybe April, but donno.
Old 12-15-2006, 07:56 PM
Queen of Yachts

i put a maketplace post--i hope there will b enough folks come out to the park feb 3 so this will work. it all has to go--i have no lae to store anything at all.