The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

i'm out guys.

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 01:43 PM
Über User

Unhappy i'm out guys.

well, times up.

i finished teh car and got some amazing drives out of it, but now teh same problem arised with the car just dying. it pulls so good drives so great, i re-did EVERYTHING. its now truly rust free 100% re-did most of the interior over this past few days when i was working 6 -8 hours straight on it 4 days in a row completly gutted the the car dash and all, sanded it all down undercoated and sprayed in there, put it back together replaced teh tach. started it she ran fine, finished putting teh dash in the rest of the interior a day or two later wouldnt start anymore, disconnected teh tach and she starts right up. great the wire grounded out right? nope dies a minute later and wont start till a few minutes later. soooo this is what it has come down to. unless some one out there wants to give me one last run at it and can lend me a stock but garunteed in good condition 82 280zx turbo ecu to see if that ends my problems and i can buy it off them. im ditching teh project. im going to sell the turbo parts and all my other parts from the 260 stock and the zx out back, give my dad my motor since his cylinders are reading 130psi and mine are 180-190, tossing the 4 speed out back, selling the diff, selling all my parts ive gathered up and selling the 260 to some one that has no time limit as a 85-90% re-done rolling chassis that only needs paint. i should be able to make 2-3k on top of what i paid after all that so i at least wont be to depressed, but school starts in about 2-3 weeks and i need my own car. and this time its not going to be a Z. i'll probably pick up this conquest my friends found and tehn a bike maybe. but im pretty positive im out. soo, we shall see what happens.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:47 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
i'll probably pick up this conquest my friends
what are you gonna drive when the head blows up?

oh, and no z, i gotta ban you .
Old 08-07-2007, 01:49 PM
The Good Twin

Way to give up there.... hehe... it happens to all of us. But why not get a job?
Old 08-07-2007, 01:53 PM

will an 83' turbo ecu work? and funny you mention that my friend recently bought a Conquest TSi but he brought it home and realised the head was cracked. Im guessing thats a common problem?

But anyways dont give up on your car, I thought you were going to go with Megasquirt? Id rather have a Z over a conquest any day.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:15 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Dude snow, what's the deal man? You have done too much to quit now. Don't make me come up there, and knock you upside the head. lol You have done a lot more than I would mess with. I would have took the easy route, and getting the whole turbo setup together. I give you mad props on what you have done. So what's the deal? Am I having my turbo conversion, done before you get one finished? (And I mean running right hehe)

And even though you can be annoying and a smartass. You still have inspired me some. And me wanting to start my turbo setup sooner. Well you and thxone also. hehe Anyway yeah get a job, and get a decent daily driver car. And tinker with the Z, on the side. It will be alot better I am sure. And if need be take a break here and there. If you start to get burned out on it. It seems to have worked for me. I got my '82 slicky back in end of March. And now it is close to being on the road. Should be this weekend at the latest. I just took breaks from it. When I would start to get burned out. Try it and see what happens. And I don't want to hear you saying, that you want to give up. No more man you hear me? lol
Old 08-07-2007, 02:19 PM

You were actually the funniest person to listen to on the whole wide internet. Don't quit now.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Ruff Ryder

if a new ECU doesnt work, why not just convert it to the z31 setup? its alot simpler and easier to use IMO
Old 08-07-2007, 03:13 PM

don't let the car defeat you!

You gotta put it on a shelf, back away, don't think about it. Keep it, don't sell it. Like NismoPick said, you might be at the burn out stage. Walk away from it and come back later.
That happened to me, and I'm back strong.

I like reading your posts too. You are one of the funniest guys out there!

You are one of the few who respond to my posts!

kenny

Last edited by captken; 08-07-2007 at 03:15 PM.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:15 PM
The Evil Twin

Just buy a three fiddy Zed!
Old 08-07-2007, 05:36 PM

Snw.....are you kidding me? If the fu#ker is rust free now then what's the problem? Push it back in the garage by the guest house and let it chill until YOU chill. If you are piloting an airplane and the engine cuts out are you going to give up and let it crash...HELL NO you're not, you're gonna try to get that thing running again. Crashing (giving up) is a last resort and you are not there yet peckerhead. The way I see it you are half done with that car. Go get yourself a little ricer car like we all know you want to do and drive it as you work on the Z......STOP WHINING and overcome your fear of being a failure ....you can't become one twice, it's something you were born with...that's why I have more sex than you.

Seriously...if you decide to abandon the Z and move on then it was cool messing with you on here and you better come look for me on myspace. Talk to you later ***-rammer!!!
Old 08-07-2007, 05:59 PM
Stupid Hurricanes...

could easily do a ms setup.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:37 PM
GTR
Badass Z Chick

awwwwwwwwww, pweeeeese don't leave me, and to think i was moving near you and stuff..*sniff*, now i'm sad. I'm sure if you take a little time off from it and get things in order you can get it going. Just try a different approach, just don't give up on it, yer like soooooo close, k? And yeah, yer really cool to have around here and like so funny to read your posts and stuff.....just my 2 cents.........if ya do leave, gimme a call, k? i'll still hang out with ya since now i'm gonna be in the area.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:49 PM
Ruff Ryder

going back to the junkyard tomorrow rose, ill see if they have your fenders in..
Old 08-07-2007, 07:24 PM
GTR
Badass Z Chick

Thanx hoov. Hehe, but no thread jacking please. ^.^
Old 08-07-2007, 08:19 PM
Political n00b crusher

Surely you're kidding snw. You've made it this far and now you're giving up on what could be a totally cool unique car, ten times cooler than all the ricers out there. I mean the S30 gets the most attention from the females! They're all like "Ahhhh....its sooooo cute" lol. Don't see them saying that about SRT-4s or DSMs!! Why don't you buy a used Civic or Protege or something like that and like the others said, put the Z to the side for now until you get your enthusiasm back. And you will! And I guarantee that if you sell it, you'll miss it big time just like you miss the Z32. Also like the others said, your "colorful" posts will be missed on here also. So I reiterate, don't sell the 260!!
Old 08-07-2007, 08:20 PM
Big Poppa

snw you homo, god dang flapper, put the car out back sell everything else for a dd, then that can be the saturday car. #1 waht kinda coil you running? if its orig, or not new, get one. #2 try the module on the side of the dizzy. #3 check the wires to the fuel pump, and the relay, and the wires from the module to the dizzy, and all your grounds. its gonna be in those suggestions somewhere. trust me dude, youll hate yourself, and then who can we canada ban?
Old 08-07-2007, 08:26 PM
NisTuner

Man if I had the money I'd buy that off you. Too bad you don't live a bit closer if we could someway get together, I'd bet we could figure out your issue.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:34 PM
Über User

i honestly almost cried today thinking about teh 260 leaving on a trailer to someone else's house. and i have a job they are just dick's and havent given me my raise yet 6 months later, screw up my availibility and now its to late in teh summer to start something else since im starting school again. i miss driving a car thats MINE and i cant stand asking mom and dad to take teh van or the sonata out, its teh main reason i havent really been asking girls out because i dont want to drive their cars. i left my dad a voicemail today saying i was parting the engine and giving the long block to him and selling as a clean rolling chassis. and he said not yet. i was going to sell all that get some car thats running that i can work on and mod but is cheap (dsm probably) and a bike. but what i do really want to do is (since i do still have 2500 put away) is get a car with about 1500-2000 of that money and not put the 260 to the side but work on it at a similare progress but not be shitting my pants over getting it done in time so i can get myself to school and just sticking a car cover over it since so much is done on it to just leave it bare outside. the only problem is i have to talk my parents into letting me have 2 cars and to switch the plates and insurance from the 260 over to whatever i get. my dads idea was to take all my NA stuff and put that in since the other car always ran fine and just use the turbo injectors and fuel rail. and i would do that but its last resort if i need to get teh car running fast. id rather get a DD and continue on my megasquirt build. well those are my options, sell, go dumb and use teh NA electronics, or pray to god my parents will let me get a DD and a car cover.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:40 PM
Political n00b crusher

Snw, please please PLEASE don't sell the 260Z and buy a DSM!!!! Talk about going down about a 1000 notches on the cool scale.....
Old 08-07-2007, 08:40 PM
Über User

ive replaced EVERYTHING (coil ignitor module re-wiring stuff etc.) but teh dizzy and teh ECU. but the ecu turns OFF, the dizzy wont turn off the ecu if it's bad, so its not my problem. its something with the internal car wiring or the ecu itself it could even be as stupid as the EFI relay. and i dont know if an 83 will work any one else know? ive re-done ALL the wires everything bu the voltmeter work flawlessly (and tach now) even teh fuel pump, its just plain and simple, sometimes, now most of the times, the car starts runs perfect for 30-50 seconds and shuts teh **** off no more ecu LED comming on no injector signal no spark, nothing, the ecu is just OFF, and jiggling wires doesnt fix it. so i doubt its wiring either unless i have some wierd *** voltage issue going on because teh car shut off actually right when teh charger was but on start and it builds up that boost of electricitty then shoots it out so you can try to stat it (you know when it clicks) that happened and it shut teh car off also once. thats why i wish i could just change teh ecu out with one that is known to be perfect in humid weather like its been once mine shuts off, switch teh ECU's and see if it starts back up and stays running, if it does, problem solved.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
its teh main reason i havent really been asking girls out because i dont want to drive their cars.
We know the real reason you don't ask girls out...homo...I say talk to your parents and run your ideas by them and see if you can get a second DD and go from there. You are not a dick so I doubt your parents are either. Just get it in your head what you want to say and be adult about what you want and bring it to them like you are grown and I am sure they will treat you right. Express how you feel about the 260 and how rare they are. You are a smart person...when you aren't making love to a man....so do what you gotta do, we are with you on this.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:05 PM
NisTuner

Yes an 83' ECU will work with the 82' engine. The only real difference between the 82 and 83 was essentially the P90a head.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by turboboost
You were actually the funniest person to listen to on the whole wide internet. Don't quit now.
Truer were never spoken.

Pull that thumb out-yo-butt and tough it out.
Good luck!
Old 08-07-2007, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by MikeZ
Truer were never spoken.

Pull that thumb out-yo-butt and tough it out.
Good luck!
Ummm no, I AM the funniest...Snw is my bitch!!
Old 08-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Über User

well at least im successful at something. lol. but yeah if someone wants to borrow me a zx turb ECU i will pay shipping both ways of coarse id love to try that. but i doubt my dad will wait for something to come in the mail while the car sits in teh garage doing nothing. i might be able to think of something. ideally id like to get a DD, but something i actually want and can get for cheap.... aka a DSM, old RX-7 (but dont trust em much damn apex seals) an old turbo supra, a old miata, or an old 240sx. and possibly a nice lowered civic that doesnt sound retarded/look retarded, just clean rims lowered and sounding nice. nothing else done to the car. stupid honda's.

Quick Reply: i'm out guys.