The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

Got-Z.com is no more?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 08:37 PM
The Good Twin

Got-Z.com is no more?

So long GOT-Z.com....

http://www.got-z.com/forums/
Old 07-26-2006, 08:57 PM
Returning Bleach Groupie

It's back up now.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:06 PM
Snazzy Title

wtf drama went on there?
Old 07-26-2006, 10:46 PM

dayam lol...
Old 07-26-2006, 11:03 PM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

FROM GOT-Z:

"Dear friends,

Im going to regret this somewhere down the line in my life, i just know it lol. A few days ago i made a promise to myself to give this site a whole lot of thought, where its taking me, my family, the members... I've never know what hard work was until i took on the task of providing a website for all my friends so they could have a place to do what we werent allowed to do somewhere else.

First off i want everyone to know this site wouldnt have existed if it weren't for Mike Le (zedx), Ryan Henry (poseidon), and Giedrius Vaitiekus (G). Mike Le has dedicated a great portion of his early 20's to co-running got-z. Without him, i dont know if the site would have even gotten off the ground. Mike setup the site on his server, made the forum software run, and made it look good. For a year he provided a free service so him and i could build an empire. He spent countless hours late at night working on code putting up with my crap and all the stupid things i asked him to help me with. Some problems came up with the software/database that forced us to move to a payed hosting account. After everything was setup there, he still stuck with the site. Mike, i want you to know i consider you a friend until i freakin die. Always remember that.

Ryan Henry aka poseidon stepped up to the plate when i didnt have any money to pay the new hosting account. I found a hosting plan that sounded like it would work for the site, and he payed for it no questions asked, and he kept paying for months after that. I dont care what anyone says about this guy, about how gay he is for driving a Mustang and preffering to ride a pony naked, etc. Ryan deserves a whole lot of respect. He will always be a friend.

G, what can i say about G? When i wanted to install a gallery into the website, G offered his services. From then on, i went to him for techincal assistance and he was happy to help no questions asked. I cant believe this guy actually put up with all my crap and requests for the silliest ****. Its actually quite shocking if you ask me. If i were his employer, he would have probably punched me in the face. But, he stayed cool through all of it and the majority of what you see on the site now that is not default PHPBB software, would be Mr Giedrius's collection of fine modifications. I owe you G.

Im going to sidetrack here for a bit. Do you OG Bastards remember the first site i put up after banter and chat was shut down? LOL I DO, and here is the link for comedy relief. http://clik.to/zcarchat Enjoy it, dont post there either. Just viewing it will probably crash your computer from the insane amount of popups. Isnt it unbelievable how much the site progressed?

While im on the topic of progression, i want to take time to thank all of you who have donated to the site. I am so thankful, that im going to tell everyone who has ever donated.

Mike Le - zedx
Ryan Henry - poseidon
Giedrius Vaitiekus - G
David Gardner - MegalodonZ32TT
Marty Molloy - MarTTy4653
Michael Forrest - 4-EZTT
Bill Tozer - Ttozzz
Snap (guy likes to be anonymous)
David Parker - zunlisted
Stephen McConnell - bender
Kevin Clark - Szlash280z
Christoper Rice - Evil inside
Thomas Kellman - Peanut Squirrel
Chris Karl - Zinistr
Chad Shaver - thebarracuda
Karl Toth - KARL300 aka THE GODFATHER to be respected and feared by all
Andrew Jennings - Shaver
Quentin - Q
Frank Poll - frank280zx
Samuel Fowler - zphreak
Brenton Napolitano - kenafein240
Graham - GrahamBCZ
Thunder Z
Roger Swan - giZmo
Ashley Bradford - TT XTZ
Dottie Holloway - BikerBabe
Alan Hirotani - inqui-Z-tor
Mary Wilson - drivernumber22
Juliette Joyce - juls
Mike Grant - coastie
Kimberly Koch - puzzycat
Jim Koch - bigjim
Sam Slaten - zluster
Steve - Ballistic
Joey - Devilz

These are the people who went out of their way and send some of their hard earned money so i could pay the bill every month. Not a deed to be taken lightly, and i thank you all.

The meets were unbelievable. Ive never had so much fun in my life. Vegas and Denver will forever be in my memory. I remember every mile i drove to get to these meet spots and every single one of them was worth it. I had the chance to meet the best people in the world.

Now im gonna get a little stupid, so please bear with me. A few months ago i did the one thing that is the most unethical thing i could have done, and that was reading private message THAT WASNT MINE, and threatening to kick q240's ***. Everyone knows what happened, so ill cut to the chase. I felt dirty. I knew from the second i read it that i was being unethical and dishonest. Godamned that made me feel like a peice of ****, 'xcuse the language. From that one single day on, everything changed. In one day, i lost all the trust ive earned over the past few years like i never had it at all. Some of the most valued members took off and vowed to never come back. Some of them slowly returned, but some didnt. It doesnt matter if everyone except 1 member came back, it would never be the same. Nothing i could do would change the snowball effect i created when i did that stupid ****.

Fast foward to a few days ago. A week or so before a few days ago, i decided to give up all admin and mod powers because it was my understanding that everybody said they would come back to the site if i did so. No questions asked, i thought that was the best idea. All i wanted was to see everyone come back. Unfortunately, i didnt see the results i was expecting to see. Once again i was stupid. I got my access back and came back to the site as admin. Well, the people who came back under the condition i gave up power, left again. This time they left for good. Now we are at today, you are reading this. I can say no more, whats done is done.

Its with so much regret that i make this decision. Im sure its the best one ive made in the past year. I dont want people i love like family to go up and down on this bs rollercoaster anymore. Ive always wanted everyone to have a spot to hang out. I put my friends, the members ahead of me 100% of the time no matter what anyone says. It ws NEVER about me, everything i did was for you guys. I had a GREAT time during these 3-4 years. Ill never meet anyone like the people ive met on this site. I love you ALL, and i mean every single one of you, like family no matter what ive ever said, what anyone has said, or what any of us have done. Enough with this mushy ****. I dont care who hangs out on what site, or whatever. All im concerned about is that everyone has a place they can call home. http://mutineerz.com http://roadgodz.com Thank you for making the site what it was.

David k
ghostkilla2179@yahoo.com
AIM: dw s130
msn: ghostkilla2179@yahoo.com
yahoo messenger: ghostkilla2179"
Old 07-26-2006, 11:50 PM
Ruff Ryder

whoa! mods can read your pm's??
Old 07-27-2006, 10:36 AM
The Evil Twin

Originally Posted by hoov100zx
whoa! mods can read your pm's??