The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

Exo suit

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 07:34 PM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

Exo suit

HOLY CRAP!!!!! Its just a matter of time till we see **** like this used in a less than peaceful manner
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oVwbUljGs3g
Old 07-29-2006, 07:50 PM
Returning Bleach Groupie

That is a little freaky...

I am lovin that racing seat in it!
Old 07-29-2006, 08:08 PM

this brings back memories of mechassault!!! WOW!!!!
Old 07-29-2006, 09:19 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

its on wheels. doesnt really "walk". a tank would still pwn it all over the place. kinda neat though.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:32 PM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

Damn it E . .Why you gota be such a downer. Always so realistic and stuff. Cant you just be in awe and admire it for what it is?! A friggin expensive, technologicaly revolutionary play thing!! ****, i want one!! Cept i might want to swap out those nef guns for some AA weaponry
Old 07-29-2006, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by apollo
Damn it E . .Why you gota be such a downer. Always so realistic and stuff.
hahah i was just going to post that but you beat me to it lol!!!!
Old 07-29-2006, 10:33 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

Originally Posted by apollo
Damn it E . .Why you gota be such a downer. Always so realistic and stuff.
sorry man, i am grounded in reality. i gotta have total realism. now excuse me while i go play computer games.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:59 PM

That thing looks like a high school science project. Build one out of armor plating that actually walks and I'll be impressed.
Old 07-30-2006, 10:23 AM
Doesn't post much...

Yeah, so I guess this thing IS a HONDA...

So where does the Cold Air Intake go...
Old 07-30-2006, 11:09 AM

That thing might be useful for something like riot suppression. Load that thing up with real guns and rubber bullets and go to town on looters and what not. And all the while the police are safe from harms way. But on the battlefield that thing would last about as long as it takes for someone with a rocket launcher to lock on. Even if it's only knocked over thats all it would take to put it out of commission.

Now Asimo is the kind of **** that scares me. The thought of those things are walking around in large numbers carrying heavy weaponry?!?! Now thats a scary thought. Capable of search and destroy all by their lonesome...no risk involved to live soldiers. Able to work their way through building and debris. And you know they're only going to get more advanced. Sure they're short and sort of cute now...but put a gun on one and all of a sudden they're not so friendly looking.

Last edited by jfairladyz; 07-30-2006 at 11:13 AM.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:15 AM
Über User

Originally Posted by RodMoyes
Yeah, so I guess this thing IS a HONDA...

So where does the Cold Air Intake go...
lmfao, thats the funniest thing ive heard all week. did anyone see the south park episode where carman dresses in the cardboard box to fool butters, and was called awsomo....i just got that, cuase that robot is asimo... i love it when things make sense.
Old 07-30-2006, 08:38 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

i want a gundam now.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:04 PM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

Originally Posted by ASA240z
An friggin expensive toy, yes, but a technologicaly revolutionary robot NO WAY!!
It is though. Its the principal. The theory that someone has created a human controled, bi-pedal weapon. Honda has created a rice rocket with the ability to serve coffee on its own. Yea its got more AI than the japanese mech dealy but the "land-walker" thing was designed as a weapon. Im just saying its like when the model-T came about. Its the start of something BIG. Think Exo-squad or Gundam and then think of those in the hands of armed forced around the world in years to come. Crazy stuff . . . .

or maybe im just a dork who thinks this is way too cool.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:31 PM

Oh it's cool alright.

it's just when people bring the whole picture into perspective that it brings it down a notch. My first impression was "OH $#!@" Then I figured I could probably bring that thing down with a sling shot, or atleast stop it in its trachs with a speed bump. But when you compare that thing to the automobile like Apollo did... And thats just the first prototype. Give that 5, 10, 15 years to evolve into something more advanced and ulitmately more battlefield capable. Combine the AI of asimo with the prinicple behind the land walker and clad it with tank armor. Then equip it with enough munitions to fight a battle all on its own. Now multiply that thing by 100,000 + units.

But the thing that scares me the most about that thing??? Is what it's going to cost us in tax dollars for our government to develop, build and deploy those damn things.
Old 07-30-2006, 11:47 PM
Pro Pumpkin Carver

See, thats what im saying. Its just the beginning. Besides the obvious financial strain we will all feel when something like that becomes a priority for our government and requires tons of tax dollars, Im just sure that some form of that in the future will be quite potent and effective in the battle field. Fighting against what? Humans? Other robots? Targets like what we attack now in the middle east? Just think if you heard the stomp of one of those things and knew it was after YOUR ***. . . . . crucial
Old 07-31-2006, 12:48 AM

and thats the scary part. The thought of putting weaponry in the possession of something with [real time] AI is scary. Of course thats why these things will probably remain under the control of human thought for so long as any moral nation possesses such a technology. But if some fascist dictator ever gained control of the technology necessary to develop such a weapon who's to say he'll have the sensibility to stop before he's gone to far???
Old 07-31-2006, 12:50 AM

The only thing that makes a human with a gun less scary then an armored robot is the fact that a human is a fragile life form. An armored robot on it's own vendetta is going to be a little more difficult to stop.
Old 07-31-2006, 02:04 AM

Yeah I'm into Sci-fi. I'm no trekkie and I only own one star wars DVD (but my son and I do love that Starwars Lego game ) so I'm no hardcore enthusiast but I do enjoy the genre. I love technology and the thought of what's coming next. I'll be googling the philidelphia project right now too