The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

End of the Road

Old 02-07-2007, 01:26 PM

End of the Road

Well... Long story short, I just can't afford the repairs on my Z anymore. I've spent so much money fixing it up, and trying to get it even in normal shape, that it's pointless. I paid 2k for it, when I bought it, mostly because the interior work and paintjob alone was worth the pay. However, after there was a hole **** load of problems, these last 2 are the final straw.

A) The new tires/wheels I got,didn't come with lug-nuts for them. So They couldn't bolt on my new tires for one, and for 2, they wanted 287 bux for the ones that fit them (Despite that I'm sure rims come with lug-nuts - but mine didn', I really regret my purchase now, seeing as I could have had the whole shabang, tires and all for roughly the same price I would have to pay to fix this mess).

B) The calipers on all wheels are shot, and a bit ceased in the rears. The break pads are ****ed, the wheel bearings on the front, are ****ed from ceasing and rust. One of the hoses is cracked. All in all another at LEAST 1000 to spend on getting them fixed.

So, After 2k for the car, 500 to get the car registered, and 1000 to fix other repairs, and get it smogged, and now what would have been 1300 to fix my wheels and breaks...**** it I can't afford it anymore, I'm so furious.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:31 PM

Pain in the @ss isn't it? But it's the love of the car that keeps it going. This is why you don't use the car as a daily driver if it's not running right. Really I don't see the things wrong with it costing that much to repair unless of course you're having a shop do the repairs. Wheel bearings are easy as are brake lines. once you've got new lines on it flushing and bleeding the brake system will probably clear any kind of seizing you're getting in the calipers. Bearings are cheap as are wheel seals. Front bearings I believe are about $5 for outter $7 for inner. Wheel seal is about $7. Do it yourself, it's easy.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:38 PM
Über User

do it yourself... screw shops.. just do everything yourself cost you a couple hundo then its working good... then sell it for profit. and RUN!!!!! lol... make bill of sale as is
Old 02-07-2007, 02:10 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by Zachrates
A) The new tires/wheels I got,didn't come with lug-nuts for them. So They couldn't bolt on my new tires for one, and for 2, they wanted 287 bux for the ones that fit them (Despite that I'm sure rims come with lug-nuts - but mine didn', I really regret my purchase now, seeing as I could have had the whole shabang, tires and all for roughly the same price I would have to pay to fix this mess).
Who'd you buy them from? They didn't have any kind of exchange or return policy?

Originally Posted by Zachrates
B) The calipers on all wheels are shot, and a bit ceased in the rears. The break pads are ****ed, the wheel bearings on the front, are ****ed from ceasing and rust. One of the hoses is cracked. All in all another at LEAST 1000 to spend on getting them fixed.
Calipers can be bought new for cheap, or used from a junk yard for REALLY cheap. Pads aren't bad either. $1000 is way exagerated. MAYBE $250.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:00 PM

Im surprised man, even inflated like it is in Oz I wouldnt be paying anywhere near this.
Bend a wrench man, youll be surprised how straight forward this stuff is. The workshop manuals will help you out a lot.

dont give up matey!
Old 02-07-2007, 03:06 PM
I'm a Registered User!

you aren't talking about lug nuts for the original wheels are you?
cause i have another whole car's worth of the alunimum ones i could mail you
Old 02-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Taste My Rainbow

Yeha Man Stay With It The Brakes Are Easy And Cheap. You Can Get Rotors Real Cheap For Like 8 Bucks From A Website I'll Have To Refind. Pads Are Cheap As Well. Go To A Wheel Shop They Should Have Some Lug Nuts For You For Alot Cheaper. There Are Ways To Get That Done Cheaper And Easier If You Do It Your Self. Plus You Will Have All Of Us To Help You Out. Trust Me I Know How You Feel, I've Wanted To Throw In The Towel A Few Times But So Far I'm Sticking With It.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:46 PM

http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/WWC01/25-2013

$45 for lug nuts. Those are exactly what you would want to get. And calipers can be had fairly cheap. I wouldnt give up.

And like I said sorry it took so long for you to get the wheels. Theres nothing I could do about that, I didnt know it was such a hassle to ship things to other countries.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by KTM200-280zxt
http://www.thezstore.com/page/TZS/PROD/WWC01/25-2013

$45 for lug nuts. Those are exactly what you would want to get. And calipers can be had fairly cheap. I wouldnt give up.

And like I said sorry it took so long for you to get the wheels. Theres nothing I could do about that, I didnt know it was such a hassle to ship things to other countries.

It's cool man, I'm not upset about that.

Just the initial finding out pissed me off, sorry if I offended you. I'm just all bent out of a shape, didn't mean to be so harsh.

Anyway... I don't know how to do this stuff you guys. I told ya, I dont know anything about cars. I didn't pay for it... But I'm a total un-mechanically inclined fool.

The breaks and bearings on each wheel basically have to be completely replaced, along with the hose for the front left. On top of all this, even if I *could* do the work, I dont have a jack, I dont have the tools needed, I'm totally ****ed, in the end.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:38 PM
Taste My Rainbow

Well You Are Still Near Shady Right?? Maybe You Could Work Something Out With Him... Maybe You Do All The Work With Some First Hand Insite For Questions And Such? If You Were Here I'd Help Ya No Problem.. We Z Guys Gotta Stick Together And Force Back The Rebellion Of 4 Bangers (rb, Sr, Ka's Not Inculded)!
Old 02-07-2007, 05:10 PM
I'm a Registered User!

Originally Posted by skittle
Well You Are Still Near Shady Right?? Maybe You Could Work Something Out With Him... Maybe You Do All The Work With Some First Hand Insite For Questions And Such?
yeah man
if you give up now, sooner or later down the road you're going to need to have your brakes fixed again (no matter what car) and you're gonna be in the same boat.

give it a shot, go to your neighbors and ask for a jack.
Old 02-07-2007, 05:39 PM

Your Zed doesnt have a jack? I would get one...pair of jack stands are stuff all cash...
Old 02-07-2007, 07:40 PM

Well, the **** wont be able to be done by me. I know Shady is cool and all, but I don't think he wants to waste hours of time on something. Being a helping hand is one thing, but doing hours of work is another.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:53 PM
The Good Twin

Well homie... if you have no tools, and no mechanical skills, it might not be a good idea to have an older car that needs work. Sell the Z, buy yourself a newer car & save yourself the headaches.

On the otherhand... now is the perfect time to learn shiz about cars. Everyone starts somewhere.

On the nuther hand... you could just not learn anything about cars & pay someone to do all your car repairs.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:57 PM

My situation just sucks. Down in Cali, I know people with tons of tools, on top of that I have a bunch that my dad and I own. I could start learning there. But i can't here. I have nothing. Best I could do is watch someone else do it, or help out with it to learn. ><

I love this car, I always was a fan of them before owning them even. I really am so happy I own it.. Just, I don't know how to fix my problems in this situation.

I've decided not to get rid of it.. Just ****, so much **** to be done, and not enough time to properly fix it or learn. I really want to learn about all this stuff, but it's hard to be an explorer without a ship, you know?

Edit:
It's like Canada cursed me to stay here.. lol

Plus.. I really dont have enough money for a newer car anyway. If I was to buy a new car, I'd buy a BMW lol

Last edited by Zachrates; 02-07-2007 at 08:00 PM.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:06 PM
Taste My Rainbow

Don't Say That Nismo Will Try To Convert You To The Bmw Club
Old 02-07-2007, 08:09 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by skittle
Don't Say That Nismo Will Try To Convert You To The Bmw Club
Too late... sounds like it's working < my plan is working!!! ahahaha >

oh wait... did I say that out loud?
Old 02-07-2007, 08:17 PM

BMW's are nice lol.

Just, I have no money for it.

My friend is an avid fan of them in cali, tries to get me to buy one all the time lol

Something funny too nismo. he loves Beamers and Porches mostly. he owns like 4 of them.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:55 PM
Big Poppa

dude, i really dont mind helping, and at 30 bucks cdn an hour, and 50% discount on all parts i buy, it really goes a long way. i can get stuff that even ppl around here said is impossible. brakes are cheap, and all the other stuff is tiddly winks. plus a huge spare parts inventory, if you tell me what parts you figure are broken, i can have them in the day b4 you come out, then just return the ones i dont use, plus they deliver to my work and give me a quote i can phone you with first. all i do is work on cars, its no biggie, its my job hobby and second love. brianne is the first.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:12 PM
Über User

your in love with a man named brian.... wierd.... should i be scared about maybe rommin with shady???
Old 02-08-2007, 08:12 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
hay zachrates-----you just got yer z, didnt you?????you havent had time yet to enjoy the beast you own------i had to invest aboot 2k into my na before it ran right --and into my 1986 turbo--bitch took a lot of dough from me to run--still taking from me.....but they are fun to drive---i would not trade the experience for the world......as for drivers of bmw's---hi performance car with low performance driver akll over the road----most of the bmws on the road are owned by those who think they are too col to have to learn how to drive--i was pushed off the road by one on my way home from walnut creek yesterday................
Old 02-08-2007, 08:15 PM
Doesn't post much...

Yeah, don't give up... I've only dumped about 13K into mine so far and it doesn't run any better than yours!

You have to spend A LOT more before you can quit!.

Rod.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:18 PM
Taste My Rainbow

^^^ Does Not Help That That Idiot Ran Into You. Plus That You Ignore Her And Drive The Company Car... Hehehe
Old 02-08-2007, 08:41 PM

I've been poor most my life, this is my first car lol.. Had the car only about 6 months.I was supposed to get a junker, but I saw this and I was like *gasp* so I bought it. Not that I'm unhappy with my purchase, it's just, I barely had the money to buy the car, now I've put in like 3 times it's price in it for repairs and such. Just bums me out that's all. I couldn't give the car up, I love driving it too much.

Coupled with some problems with life, this was just enough to make me all upset. It's really not as bad as it sounds I know. Just, I haven't seen my friends in family but once, in almost 10 months now, I'm really homesick, and this car was my ticket out of here for a while. Now all my vacation trip money is going to be poured into my car ><. So I took it kinda hard. Really appreciate all the support though =). Sorry to be a baby about it, lately I've been more of a wuss about **** that goes wrong, because it seems like everything is keeping me away from home.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:50 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
ok, kid--ya have cried. not use the hanky and learn how to fix yer car so you do not have top spend so much money fixing it. you will not be sorry. besides, if you casn fix yer z, then you can make noney fxing others and we do not hae ot listen to yer wine anee more...........have some cheese and bread, too.................i wish i could still fix my own car,......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: End of the Road