The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

ebay seller alert

Old 08-31-2007, 06:47 AM

ebay seller alert

Hello fellow Zers,

Just wanted to alert everyone to this seller savtyme( 4524). I would not recommend this seller (long story), He threatens you with negative feedback if you don't give him anything other than a positive feedback regardless of the quality of the mechandise or service. It was just not a positive experience. I gave a neutral simply because it took so long to receive the item nothing personal
Here is my feedback:
Received item intact and without damage,it just took so long (2 mos) from Canada
Here is the negative feedback he left me:
July 3rd to Sept 3rd 2 Mths LAIR!Payment Took 2wks To Arrive?POOR EBAYER!CAUTION

I just wanted everyone to be wary of this seller.

VernonZ
Old 08-31-2007, 07:43 AM
The Good Twin

I think there is more to the story...

What kind of item was it? Did the seller specify that he would ship international? I always put on my ebay auctions that I will only ship to USA only, as customs and time delays always create problems... problems I'd rather not deal with.

I had an item on ebay that the final bidder was from Canada... took 5 weeks for the item to get to him... that's what happens when you ship international. No reason to leave a bad feedback for something out of his control.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by NismoPick
I think there is more to the story...

What kind of item was it? Did the seller specify that he would ship international? I always put on my ebay auctions that I will only ship to USA only, as customs and time delays always create problems... problems I'd rather not deal with.

I had an item on ebay that the final bidder was from Canada... took 5 weeks for the item to get to him... that's what happens when you ship international. No reason to leave a bad feedback for something out of his control.

It was the seats that I bought, the auction ended July 3, and I just received the item yesterday. Yes he said he would ship international but after a few weeks I talked to him to see if had shipped the item, but he said he hadn't but he would ship it next week well almost 2 months later I finally received the seats. I left him a neutral because from a customer point of view, I felt that it took a little long to get the item to me. After I left the neutral feedback then he emails me to remove it or he will leave his feedback which is the negative one above. I just wanted to warn fellow Zers about what happened to me. Communications was all me to him, he didn't return my emails and was rude on the phone.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:22 AM

Well, damn, that sucks that he was rude, but it does take awhile for international shipment, Nismopick's right about 5 weeks. Remember my coilovers from Ross, though it took a long time to get them...from the time he shipped from his place to the time to my door was about five weeks or so. I do agree from a customer standpoint. If you hold your end of the deal by getting the money to him in a timely manner, the seller should ship out in a timely manner, right? But hey at least you got them, how do they look? Are those the CRX seats you were talking about?
Old 08-31-2007, 09:27 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

once someone hands an item over to the shipping company, they have no way to control the amount of time it takes for that item to arrive. this is compounded when dealing with out of country orders, as customs can significantly slow the process down. e-bay is full of unfounded negative feedback regarding slow ship times for out of country orders. it is not the sellers fault, it's customs fault.

you should both agree to mutually withdraw any negative feedback.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by entropy31
once someone hands an item over to the shipping company, they have no way to control the amount of time it takes for that item to arrive. this is compounded when dealing with out of country orders, as customs can significantly slow the process down. e-bay is full of unfounded negative feedback regarding slow ship times for out of country orders. it is not the sellers fault, it's customs fault.

you should both agree to mutually withdraw any negative feedback.
Yeah I understand that but nearly 8 weeks, seem a little too long to me. I just want to stress that I didn't leave him negative feedback, I left him a neutral just for the time that it took. After I did that, then he tells me if I didn't change it then he would leave me HIS feedback which was the negative one I mentioned above. I was never rude or derogatory to him but he clearly calls me a liar and a poor ebayer. But yeah that is what we ended up doing which was to mutially withdraw the feedback. Just wanted people to be aware of him and my experience.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by tickwon
Well, damn, that sucks that he was rude, but it does take awhile for international shipment, Nismopick's right about 5 weeks. Remember my coilovers from Ross, though it took a long time to get them...from the time he shipped from his place to the time to my door was about five weeks or so. I do agree from a customer standpoint. If you hold your end of the deal by getting the money to him in a timely manner, the seller should ship out in a timely manner, right? But hey at least you got them, how do they look? Are those the CRX seats you were talking about?
Yeah I knew that it would take a long time but nearly 8 weeks was a little too long and that is why I left the Neutral feedback. Anyway they arrived in good condition and after some cleanup from the shipping they will look good they are black with gray insert. These are the CRX seats.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:59 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

8 weeks is not unheard of for out of country orders. customs can be a bitch. might be turrists in dem der seats.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by entropy31
8 weeks is not unheard of for out of country orders. customs can be a bitch. might be turrists in dem der seats.
Still seems long to me, what has been your experience?
Old 08-31-2007, 11:04 AM

I think from now on I will stick with the USA
Old 08-31-2007, 11:38 AM
The Evil Twin

I sent Shady280 a small box with two 280zx coil springs. From Seattle to just over the Canadian border. I think it took 3 weeks to get to him. So it sat at the border for 2.5 weeks
Old 08-31-2007, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by Bleach
I sent Shady280 a small box with two 280zx coil springs. From Seattle to just over the Canadian border. I think it took 3 weeks to get to him. So it sat at the border for 2.5 weeks
I had no idea it would take that long to get to Canada. I figured maybe that long if it went to Europe or Japan. That is just crazy.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:59 AM
The Good Twin

^^^ Customs takes time... now ya know.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by NismoPick
^^^ Customs takes time... now ya know.
Yeah, I definitely know now. It still doesn't excuse rude or derogatory comments though.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:35 PM

Originally Posted by VernonZ
Yeah, I definitely know now. It still doesn't excuse rude or derogatory comments though.
True, but at the same time...I bet he gets "why did it take so long" call all the time. It's all good Vernon. I hope you got it all worked out with that ebay seller.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:52 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
the customs inspectors were prolly using the seats to sit and smoke mota.....
good ya got them--international takes forever......
Old 09-02-2007, 08:15 AM
Administrative Brown Guy

prolly take less time to deliver it to/from CA yourself lol.
not necessarily cheaper tho.