The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

Ebay lowered their fees! No way!!! (oh... there is a catch)

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 09:24 AM
The Good Twin

Ebay lowered their fees! No way!!! (oh... there is a catch)

I just got a message from ebay...

http://pages.ebay.com/sell/update08/basic/

http://pages.ebay.com/sell/update08/feature/

-Basic gallery pics now free

-Insertion fees now $.05 less too.

And it looks like they are making changes to Feedback policy too: http://pages.ebay.com/sell/update08/rewards/

Originally Posted by eBay
Feedback Changes
The eBay Feedback system was designed to provide a simple, honest, accurate record of member experiences. Focusing on customer service includes doing everything we can to grow customer confidence in our sellers.

* Buyers will only be able to receive positive Feedback.
* Positive repeat customer Feedback will count (up to 1 Feedback from the same buyer per week.)
* Feedback more than 12-months old won't count towards your Feedback percentage.
* When a buyer doesn't respond to the Unpaid Item (UPI) process the negative or neutral Feedback they have left for that transaction will be removed.
* When a member is suspended, all their negative and neutral Feedback will be removed.
* Buyers must wait 3 days before leaving negative or neutral Feedback for sellers with an established track record, to encourage communication.
* All Feedback must be left within 60 days (compared to 90 days today) of listing end to encourage timely Feedback and discourage abuse.
* Buyers will be held more accountable when sellers report an unpaid item or commit other policy violations.

AND THE AWESOME CATCH TO EVEN IT ALL OUT SO YOU WILL ACTUALLY PAY EBAY MORE....

Final value fees going up from 5.25% to 8.75% = a lot more than the five pennies you saved on the lower insertion fees. I LOVE IT! I keep telling myself, "this is corporate America..." That doesn't help.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:01 PM
Über User

****ing E-Gay. and i was going to list my 260 on there. now i gotta think, if i sell it for 3k i only get 2.5 out of it
Old 01-29-2008, 12:06 PM
Externally Wastegated

I bet your average joe is probably thinking he's going to save a lot. Man that sucks. A 3.5% increase? Don't they make enough money off people as is since they own paypal as well? Greedy rat bastages.
Old 01-29-2008, 12:10 PM
Über User

not only that. but they have no material costs. they have a website and pay some people to do CS and looking out for bogus postings. WOOPDY DOO!!! they make a KILLING. we should start a site called ebid.com or something and allow listings and same services as ebay but at HALF their % and we shall take them over with our superior prices1!!!!!!!
Old 01-29-2008, 02:09 PM
The Evil Twin

I'm sure they have tremendous costs supporing their network and servers. I can't even imagine how massive their system must be to handle all that traffic... and the web designers who continually program new features and fix bugs. They do have some costs but I'm sure the owners are multi millionaires.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:15 PM
General Z User

"Feedback" is kind of bunk anyway, I don't sell stuff there, but when I buy I usually pay within 24 hours via PayPal. Lately I've noticed that I don't get feedback from sellers until after I've left them feedback. Why should my feedback depend on the feedback I leave for them? I've done my part and paid them in a timely fashion. If they take a long time to ship my item, or package it poorly, or described it inaccurately, I have a right to say so in the feedback I leave, but my feedback is held as hostage... BS!
Old 01-29-2008, 04:31 PM
Usedta be Justin260z

This is why I am boycotting ebay. I use Craigslist.
Old 01-29-2008, 06:44 PM

Haha, Ebay employees have to cover the high price of gas here! I rarely use it to sell anything, but I did just put up a perfect-condition 280ZX black console armrest and some BOV flanged turbo piping for sale. I would use Craigslist, but for there just aren't enough local 280ZX owners, so I needed a wider audience.