ZDriver.com

ZDriver.com (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/)
-   The Lounge (Off Topic) (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/lounge-off-topic-219/)
-   -   Beer (https://www.zdriver.com/forums/lounge-off-topic-219/beer-15480/)

KENZ 10-29-2005 12:56 PM

someone send me a bottle of Double Bastard. ;) :D

emo236 10-29-2005 04:10 PM

I've never been to firestones, I'll have to check that place out if I ever get a chance. I was just in SLO for a football tourney with the fraternity, should've gone! On another note, has oneyone ever had BJ's beer?

frankmusic 10-29-2005 05:41 PM

Sure.

Originally Posted by Riz Z Speed
all beer tastes the same to me. Like Crap. :D

Never developed a taste for it and glad i never did.
Bring on the Jack and Skyy. :)

That's why it all tastes the same to YOU!

pete8717 10-29-2005 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by emo236
And you're proud? :confused:

Maybe... :D

apollo 10-29-2005 09:15 PM

I used to drink a lot of the crappy beer. But then a started going to the local breweries and tasting the quality lagers and such and lemme tell ya . . .

I really dont mind a crappy beer:D. But when I have a good one, a really good one, it makes my night. Gordon Beirsch makes an awsome hef and the only on near me is about 45 minutes to an hour from me. Sucks, but when I'm in the area I try and stop in for a kick ass steak and some tasty beer.

entropy31 10-29-2005 10:57 PM

On another note, has oneyone ever had BJ's beer?

yeah, good stuff. when i was in the navy we would take the ship up to Seal Beach CA for weapons off/onload, and there was a BJs there. thats where we would always start the night off. we would stop at every convenience store for the 9 or so blocks to BJs and buy a red bull and a shot bottle of absolute citron :D . then when we got to BJs i would always order the sampler, and they give pretty good sized samples. the waitress would always look at me funny and ask if i thought i could finish them all, i would just laugh and say thats how i was going to decide what i would drink more of :cool: . good pizza there too. then, after being properly primed at BJs, we would go and hit the Irish pubs on that same street, with breaks to walk down the pier and drink a few more red bull & absoluts. that was always a lot of fun.

CanyonCarver 10-30-2005 06:15 AM

On another note, has oneyone ever had BJ's beer?

I've been to bj's numerous times. The wifey and I will do dinner at bj's and then a movie. I've tried a coupla beers...... not too bad. Now junior #1 likes the place enough that they'll go there and close the place. He likes the bj's beer. But then he likes that newcastle crap too. :)

emo236 10-30-2005 12:35 PM

I usually get teh 7 samlpler (their larger sampler). It's not all that much beer. I definitely don't get drunk off of it (which I don't do anyway). I maybe barely get buzzed, but not even that usually. To compare it, it usually takes me about 5 beers within a half hour or less to just get buzzed.

tnkrstoyco 10-31-2005 06:03 AM

Emo, 91zxtt can tell you exactly where the Firestones is we're talking about. I just remember it's north of SLO and south of the Castle.

entropy31 10-31-2005 07:14 AM

I usually get teh 7 samlpler (their larger sampler). It's not all that much beer. I definitely don't get drunk off of it (which I don't do anyway). I maybe barely get buzzed, but not even that usually. To compare it, it usually takes me about 5 beers within a half hour or less to just get buzzed.

yeah, the sampler definately wasnt enough to get drunk on. i just used it to decide which brew i wanted to drink more of. i've backed off quite a bit since i got out, but i can still hold my own. i used to be, and usually still am, the last man standing, which sucks for everyone else if i find a magic marker :D .

emo236 10-31-2005 11:00 AM

IMO, drinking to get drunk is kinda childish. I mean what's the point of not remembering anything and then being sick. So maybe you had fun, maybe you didn't, but you don't remember if you did or not so it doesn't make a difference. Also, you're more susceptible (sp?) to do stupid stuff that will have long term consequences. I like good beer b/c it tastes good. I also like the social aspect of alcohol, so I'll socially drink or drink beers when working on cars (makes things so much easier....I find myself getting mad at my car a lot less when I've had a few beers) and it's just appropriate.

entropy31 10-31-2005 11:19 AM

IMO, drinking to get drunk is kinda childish. I mean what's the point of not remembering anything and then being sick. So maybe you had fun, maybe you didn't, but you don't remember if you did or not so it doesn't make a difference. Also, you're more susceptible (sp?) to do stupid stuff that will have long term consequences. I like good beer b/c it tastes good. I also like the social aspect of alcohol, so I'll socially drink or drink beers when working on cars (makes things so much easier....I find myself getting mad at my car a lot less when I've had a few beers) and it's just appropriate.

yeah, i was young and in the navy. i have cut way back since then, and i now drink well brewed beer mainly to enjoy the flavor. i dont drink to get drunk. of course when your drinking 8%+ beers it kinda happens on its own.

oh yeah, and the store near me that is supposed to have the double bastard didnt have it :mad: . their beer delivery isnt till tomorrow. oh well, i picked up a delerium tremens and a 6 of LaConner ESB. i like to have a good variety in my fridge so i have the perfect beer for whatever i'm eating :D .

emo236 10-31-2005 03:07 PM

also, has anyone tried labatt's (sp?), it's canadian and I had it along time ago.....I remember liking it, but my tastes have changed...I want to try it again, but I have a hard time finding it.

91zxtt 10-31-2005 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by tnkrstoyco
Emo, 91zxtt can tell you exactly where the Firestones is we're talking about. I just remember it's north of SLO and south of the Castle.

It's on Marsh Street just down from Santa Rosa.....across the street from Woodstocks Pizza. I could find that place with my eyes closed.

Anyone ever been to Pete's in San Ramon? Awesome and so many differnt kinds a beer. Awesome place.

I live only 30 minutes outside of Chico, which is where Sierra Nevada is brewed. I love that place. The celebration ale is out now....mmmmmmm.......festive. You can never go wrong with Sierra Nevada.

entropy31 11-01-2005 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by 91zxtt
I live only 30 minutes outside of Chico, which is where Sierra Nevada is brewed. I love that place. The celebration ale is out now....mmmmmmm.......festive. You can never go wrong with Sierra Nevada.

lucky. sierra nevada brews some excellent beers. the celebration ale is my #1 choice so far in the seasonals category. i like hops, and sierra nevada never dissapoints in the hop department, but they also balance it well.

emo236 11-01-2005 10:15 AM

ihave a friend who goes to CSU Chico....he says the sierra nevada is cheaper than any other beer there...true?

91zxtt 11-03-2005 08:38 PM

Pretty damn close....only the really crappy beers are less expensive (Natural, Lucky, etc.). It's less expensive then most of the mainstream domestics (Bud, Coors, Miller).