The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

Beer

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2005, 10:07 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

Beer

anyone else eagerly waiting for next monday, not because its halloween, but because its when this years Stone Brewing Double Bastard Ale goes on sale?
Old 10-25-2005, 10:19 PM
Bad Speller

huh? what? I dunno what do you mean?
Old 10-26-2005, 01:34 AM
Administrative Brown Guy

beer sucks.
whiskey please.
Old 10-26-2005, 03:53 AM
Jack Of All Trades

Originally Posted by Riz Z Speed
beer sucks.
whiskey please.
Less filling........ more taste.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:53 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

you guys just havent had good beer. and it's not all i drink. i'm also a big fan of gin.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:12 AM

Brandy and Vodka
Old 10-26-2005, 06:16 AM

I haven't drank since I finished 3/4 of a bottle of Smirnoff Vodka by myself...that was a crazy night. I'm a little guy, so you know I was drunk after that. When I would drink though, I'd drink like Smirnoff Ice Triple Black. I've tried Coors and Bud and that of the like, and I really didn't care for the bitter taste. I also had a case of Newcastle Brown Ale, and that wasn't bad, the taste was strange, but after your 2nd beer, you tend not to notice.

Don't forget kids, don't drink and drive!!!
Old 10-26-2005, 06:23 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

coors and bud are crap. smirnof ice is for girls (really, thats the target market). newcastle is'nt bad.

Double Bastard is a truly hardcore assault on your tastebuds, and it comes in a 3 liter glass bottle, with a padlock keeping the gasket top on. i would not reccomend it for people unfamiliar with HUGE charactered beers.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:24 AM
confuzed member

where can you get this stuff, I love myself a good beer.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:34 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

its brewed in San Marcos CA, and their website shows were to get it. if you dont get it in the first week or so, you may be SOL.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:03 PM
confuzed member

sweet, I'm gonna have to go get me some!
Old 10-27-2005, 12:04 AM
Administrative Brown Guy

all beer tastes the same to me. Like Crap.

Never developed a taste for it and glad i never did.
Bring on the Jack and Skyy.
Old 10-27-2005, 08:56 AM
confuzed member

Originally Posted by Riz Z Speed
all beer tastes the same to me. Like Crap.

Never developed a taste for it and glad i never did.
Bring on the Jack and Skyy.
Have you ever had good beer. I used to think the same thing. All beer looked like **** and tasted like ****. Taht's because I had only had bud, mgd, that kind of crap....whcih is crap. Go to BJs if you have one near you and try their beer. Beer is a man's drink, if you don't drink beer and you drink, you might actually be a woman.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:14 AM
Loves Going Topless

I love good Mexican Tequila. In beer I always drink coors lite. We tried some beer at Firestones Grill I think it was that I swear I can still taste and it's been almost 2 years ago. Emo you should know where that is, just south of Hearsts Castle.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:35 AM
Doesn't post much...

Originally Posted by entropy31
its brewed in San Marcos CA, and their website shows were to get it. if you dont get it in the first week or so, you may be SOL.
Actually, it's only going to be brewed in San Marcos for a few more weeks. I went to the open house at the brand new facility here in Escondido a few weeks ago. All I can say is "DAMN, do those guys know how to throw a party". I can see the new place from my backyard... pretty soon, I'll be able to smell the yummy beer goodness wafting from it.

Rod.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:10 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

Originally Posted by RodMoyes
I can see the new place from my backyard... pretty soon, I'll be able to smell the yummy beer goodness wafting from it.

Rod.
lucky bastard . i think you beer haters have only had fizzy yellow crap beer. i used to hate beer, wouldnt touch the stuff, but all that i'd had was mass produced pisswater like bud or mgd or coors. i think the one that got me started was widmer hefeweizen. now i am a true beer lover, and always trying new beers. i'm going to start brewing my own once i can get all the equipment. there are microbrewerys all over the place up here, and i'm trying to sample every one.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:23 PM
Jack Of All Trades

I've had the imports, domestics and home brews. I've had enough of the **** dos xx, pacifico and tecate to last a lifetime. My friend bought a complete micro-brewery and set it up in his shop for a few years. A race car owner that I worked for was retired from budweiser, can you say 6 free cases of beer for four guys every weekend for 4 or so years. That was all after a 12-pack a day habit for a number of years. I'm retired from beer. "More filling, Less taste".
Old 10-27-2005, 06:39 PM
Bad Speller

****. lol never developed taste for beer. or alcohol in general. the onl thign close to alcohol I drank is Smirnoff Ice, and yeah I dunno if my frends everfind me drinking they'll take myc ar away for a week or so. itsucks big time. btut heyre doing it formah own good. lol I dunno never liek d drinking.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:45 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

Originally Posted by bardabe
****. lol never developed taste for beer. or alcohol in general. the onl thign close to alcohol I drank is Smirnoff Ice, and yeah I dunno if my frends everfind me drinking they'll take myc ar away for a week or so. itsucks big time. btut heyre doing it formah own good. lol I dunno never liek d drinking.
you just turned 16. of course you havent developed a taste for alcohol. thats a good thing, you dont need to be drinking at 16. wait for college before you start having real opinions on the matter.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:50 PM
Bad Speller

Originally Posted by entropy31
you just turned 16. of course you havent developed a taste for alcohol. thats a good thing, you dont need to be drinking at 16. wait for college before you start having real opinions on the matter.
most of mah friends are in college. they don;t like it. and they told me if I ever become an alcoholic, druggy they will drag me hoem from my ***** take my car away and let my parents do their worse.
Old 10-27-2005, 10:07 PM

Man I'm only 17 and I got so hammered one time I tried to run out the door to go streaking. My cousin convinced me my clothes were on fire. lol. I got 5 feet away from the door stumbled to my left, and left a big dent in the bed of my stepdads ford pickup with my head. He couldn't quit laughing.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:06 AM
confuzed member

Originally Posted by pete8717
Man I'm only 17 and I got so hammered one time I tried to run out the door to go streaking. My cousin convinced me my clothes were on fire. lol. I got 5 feet away from the door stumbled to my left, and left a big dent in the bed of my stepdads ford pickup with my head. He couldn't quit laughing.
And you're proud?
Old 10-28-2005, 11:07 AM
confuzed member

BTW, I got a arrogant bastard ale last night.....amazing! I love dark beers... I love the bottle too. My g/f did'nt like it, so I knew it was a man's drink! haha, jk.
Old 10-28-2005, 07:56 PM

It should be no surprise to anyone here that I like beer. Nothin' goes better with workin' on cars.

tnkrstoyco....Firestones Bar & Grill is the best. That's one of things I miss most from going to school @ Cal Poly SLO. Awesome burgers, beer and tri-tip sandwiches.
Old 10-29-2005, 05:38 AM
Loves Going Topless

That's the one 91zxTT, Yeah they had great food. We drank several beers, most were really good, but there was this one that I swear I couldn't get the taste out of my mouth. Kind of like bad persimmons. Don't want to stay there too long and have to ride a bike back to LosOsos.
I get to missin being out there too. Hope maybe this summer to get back out to the coast and will have to visit my brother in Clovis. We're not sure yet, but it'll be our 35th HS reunion(at CL McLane in Fresno) coming up. Not sure if they'll do anything or wait till the 40th. Either way I want to make the trip back out.

Quick Reply: Beer