The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

anyone have a facebook?

Old 01-18-2011, 02:15 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

I will never join Facebook. There are too many security issues over there. And people have had their identities stolen. I still have my myspace. But I hardly ever go on it anymore. I think I have moved on from the social networking sites. My friends one in particular, has bugged me to join. Which I refused. I said, sorry I want nothing to do with that site. That has problems. And that everybody and their mother and uncle is on.

All in all. I believe Facebook is a trend and a fad. That will fade away in time. With that mentioned. I hate trends and fads.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:19 PM
The Evil Twin

I'm jumpin' on the bandwagon.
I'm gonna sell my Datsun and buy some new and trendy hatchback like a Kia Soul or a Scion... yeah!
Old 01-18-2011, 07:16 PM
Über User

Myspace is the only site that is terrible, they way they run any picture stored by them is available to anyone and owned by them, facebook you can keep very very private, plus if you aren't an idiot and don't post anything but your name MAYBE you cell and just things you are interested in, make no info available to anyone but friends, and don't accept anyone that you don't truly know, you are fine.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:49 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
Myspace is the only site that is terrible, they way they run any picture stored by them is available to anyone and owned by them, facebook you can keep very very private, plus if you aren't an idiot and don't post anything but your name MAYBE you cell and just things you are interested in, make no info available to anyone but friends, and don't accept anyone that you don't truly know, you are fine.
I don't even post my name. I use WildmaN, of course. lol It's not that I am scared about joining Facebook. I know that I will hardly go on it. Because I have better things to do. lol I guess you could say, I kind of grew out of social networking sites. The main reason I still have a Myspace. Is to keep up with bands I like. That's mainly it. So all in all, I guess you could say, I am not into it anymore.

And I will agree, that Myspace is terrible. I really hate how they changed it. It really sucks, and everything is screwed up on there. I liked it the way it was. I really hate it when people change stuff, when it is fine in the first place.

Last edited by WildmaN; 01-18-2011 at 09:51 PM. Reason: Wanted to add more.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:04 PM
The Good Twin

Social networking sites are all fads... just like tomato soup, and the internet.

Who uses the internet these days? That's so 2008...
Old 01-19-2011, 10:14 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by NismoPick
Social networking sites are all fads... just like tomato soup, and the internet.

Who uses the internet these days? That's so 2008...
You missed my point. lol And the internet is fine. I use it all the time practically. And I call this a forum, not a social site. I can learn more from this site, than a social site.

What irritates me, is the fact practically everybody is going to Facebook, and Twitter. Which I have never gone on. (Twitter) I see no reason to either. So where everybody goes, I do not want to go. I don't do what everybody else is doing.
Old 01-19-2011, 11:30 AM
The Good Twin

^^^ Just givin ya a hard time. I don't "tweet" or "twitterpate" either...

FB is more than just "social networking", it's also business networking. I'm not some crazy pro photographer, but I do work on the side, and post pics, and people see them, and refer their friends to me. I've had a lot of car repair and photography side jobs thanks to FB... FREE MONEY, FREE ADVERTISING.

Use your resources! =)
Old 01-19-2011, 03:10 PM
The Evil Twin

Thanks to Facebook, my dog now has over 300 friends.

That's pretty neat!
Old 01-20-2011, 01:13 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

Originally Posted by NismoPick
^^^ Just givin ya a hard time. I don't "tweet" or "twitterpate" either...

FB is more than just "social networking", it's also business networking. I'm not some crazy pro photographer, but I do work on the side, and post pics, and people see them, and refer their friends to me. I've had a lot of car repair and photography side jobs thanks to FB... FREE MONEY, FREE ADVERTISING.

Use your resources! =)
I figured you were, I wasn't offended.

Anyway, hey if it works for you, cool man. Glad to see you are taking advantage of something that is free. More power to you bro'.
Old 01-20-2011, 07:43 AM
The Emblem Thief y0!

www.facebook.com/4ozwithcheese
Old 01-20-2011, 10:27 AM

I use FB for professional networking & keeping in touch with my numerous relatives. It's pretty easy to know what's going on in someone's life, without having to waste too much time doing it. Myspace is dying a slow, painful death. I never got into Twitter though...that would take up too much of my time...I prefer real life!
Old 01-20-2011, 11:18 AM
The Evil Twin

I prefer Subway to real life!

Life is short, eat fresh
Old 07-19-2011, 06:36 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
my kat has 3 times as many friends as i do--AND he is already friends with bleachie, alla bleachies critters, bleachies kayak and picks entire family of critters and pick's helos.....gawd only knows how he found alladoze folks to friend.. busy gato

http://www.facebook.com/zeehag

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000116413582

i placed request to join and found out so did gato--bubba daboatkat

Last edited by z-hag; 07-19-2011 at 06:39 PM.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:37 PM
The Good Twin

Gusser has something like 3600 friends now... that freaking cat!

But... apparently FB is doomed now that Google+ is here...

Then in 2015 Google+ will be old news when "Tapdance5OOO" rolls out... then in 2020 social websites will be replaced w/ social tablets.
Old 07-20-2011, 12:17 PM
The Evil Twin

wait ... my kayak has a Facebook page?
Old 07-24-2011, 03:29 AM

yeah, myspace/facebook is really bad.. especially in border towns, ive heard storys of random people across the border searching random files and gaining phone numbers and close friends/relatives, making up stories about money problems.. and needing wire transfers. next thing you know you gave the money, you contact your friends/relatives and their like ???? WTF yo???. Facebook = Uptight losers who need to voice their every ****ing move.. the next thing youl see is them posting (taking a ****.. I think it smells.. and its green.. oh yea i had corn too so i might see some ) but it doesnt end there, they will post a picture along with it and feel proud about it... F*** facebook

Last edited by HexaggramJDM; 07-24-2011 at 03:35 AM.
Old 07-24-2011, 09:23 AM
The Good Twin

^^^ huh?
Old 07-24-2011, 02:46 PM

im just stating the fact that social networking sites are becoming very pathetic in that everyone i knew had to post anything and everything about their lives in a webpage when its supposed to be kept to yourself. i dont want to know how bad or good your sex was, I dont care if you ate meat with rice and beans, why are you posting your every single move you make? yes its ok to post once in a while to let your friends know your ok, or if your planning a party, or you have a slight problem and want advice, but not post 160 times a day and spamming dumb ****, thats retarded. and yes, I was also saying that identity theft, and even robbery can happen with these sites. You add random people, tell them your off to a vacation and nobody will be home... that is STUPID! lol...

Last edited by HexaggramJDM; 07-24-2011 at 02:49 PM.
Old 07-24-2011, 03:25 PM

We have a Facebook account for the business.

http://www.facebook.com/acadianasportscars
Old 07-24-2011, 08:19 PM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by HexaggramJDM
im just stating the fact that social networking sites are becoming very pathetic in that everyone i knew had to post anything and everything about their lives
Maybe you need new friends...

FYI, you can hide updates / feeds from people you don't want to see. OR you could de-friend them... SOOOO COMPLICATED, I KNOW...

Facebook sucks cuz i dunno how to use it...

and even robbery can happen with these sites. You add random people, tell them your off to a vacation and nobody will be home... that is STUPID! lol...
lulz... yeah, the 70 year old news reporters wrote about that... since everyone posts their address on FB... der...

Originally Posted by zachary.ard
We have a Facebook account for the business.

http://www.facebook.com/acadianasportscars
Liked!

Last edited by NismoPick; 07-24-2011 at 08:21 PM.
Old 07-25-2011, 12:43 PM

trust me, de-friending...if thats a word, is like giving them a slap in the face in their perspective, then in real life you see them and their like *oh that ****er deleted me from my FB so im never talking to him again, **** that guy!* like its taken to a level where its taken too personal.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:50 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

trust me, de-friending...if thats a word, is like giving them a slap in the face in their perspective, then in real life you see them and their like *oh that ****er deleted me from my FB so im never talking to him again, **** that guy!* like its taken to a level where its taken too personal.
I am right with you there man. Hey seems we have something in common. We both hate Facebook. I know, let's start our own social site. Then we can be the kings of the internet. lol
Old 09-05-2011, 09:59 PM
The Good Twin

Apparently this became the "anti-facebook" thread.

You could always write a book called "How to dislike Facebook without ever going to its website". Should be interesting.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:37 AM
The Evil Twin

I wish some cool company like Google would work on a new social networking website...
Old 09-06-2011, 10:52 AM
The Good Twin

^^^ It should be called "Gus Plus". Millions will flock to it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: anyone have a facebook?