The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

any body do any thing interesting....

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 08:02 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
some place in new england where its usually very warm.....

WHEN did it get warm in new england, where fur is allowed to be worn and even lindsay freeeeeking wagner cannot tell them not to because of the subzero temps and winds.........CHECK YOUR LATITUDE--- you will find new england in a similar latitude as chifreeeeeezingtown.......
Old 02-07-2008, 08:03 PM
Über User

some one on here was talking about how they have had 70 degree temps there all week hardly ever see snow. etc.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:09 PM
Political n00b crusher

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
why do you need so many though? like, they dont do anything for you like a bike or a car will do? ladies like a man that can play a guitar, not own a billion. lol. like, i just dont get it!?!?
I don't have a billion, just 8.

Theres several reasons to have multiple axes:

1) different tunings: I have one Strat at concert pitch and another at E flat for when I wanna play along with the CD player (some bands tune their guitars at E flat ie Stevie ray Vaughan).

2) different tones: Fenders have single coil pick-ups (generally) for a brighter, cleaner tone while Gibsons have double coils (humbuckers) for a darker, fuller tone. You obviously need some of both!

3) Its just cool.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:12 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

why do you need so many though? like, they dont do anything for you like a bike or a car will do? ladies like a man that can play a guitar, not own a billion. lol. like, i just dont get it!?!?
Because you are not a musician, or a guitarist. It is something that we axe players like doing. Collecting certain guitars, for either a different sound or feel. Or a different kind of playability etc... Also certain ones, that are collectible and such. I own 3 guitars....(2 electric, 1 acoustic) Jackson Charvel, Jackson King V, and a classical acoustic. (which I don't know the name of) There is someday I want a nice Fender Stratocaster. Also an Ibanez, or B.C. Rich, and the list goes on.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
Originally Posted by SportBikeMike
I don't have a billion, just 8.

Theres several reasons to have multiple axes:

1) different tunings: I have one Strat at concert pitch and another at E flat for when I wanna play along with the CD player (some bands tune their guitars at E flat ie Stevie ray Vaughan).

2) different tones: Fenders have single coil pick-ups (generally) for a brighter, cleaner tone while Gibsons have double coils (humbuckers) for a darker, fuller tone. You obviously need some of both!

3) Its just cool.

and, in reality, different songs/musical pieces have different sounds because not all guitfiddles are made the same way-----the gibson hollowbody has a much different tone than the strat.......listen up and hear the differences....real musicians keep a selection appropriate to their level of expertise .........generally........
Old 02-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Über User

what nothing in drop d???? gotta start playing some more indie music lol

and i have 2 friends that pay, one is amazing and i think actually minoring in music, takes enough of the classes. and he just has 2 acoustics. he is an acoustic freak though and just has the 2 because they make a diff sound, but besides that just re-tunes them for what he uses them for each time. no big. also, i used to play an instrument for a LONG time. oh, and he also plays piano lol.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:35 PM
Queen of Yachts

some one on here was talking about how they have had 70 degree temps there all week hardly ever see snow. etc.
darlin'--this is a la nina year---there WILL be a TIME IN THE HEART OF WINTER WHEREIN NEW ENGLAND LOOKS GOOD TO THOSE IN MUCH DRYER AND SEEMINGLY COLDER AREAS.....oops....new englasnd is NOT rhw balmy summer place in the winter......those who live there l;ove it when it gets balmy, as then new folks come in and get laffed outta dodge when they find there is actually more snow in new england than in the town they left......fun to watch.....like moving to cali just befopre amajor quake......everyone leaves just after......fun stuff...
i used to live in new england and new york----owned land there all my life....family from the mayflower....i am direct descendant of 8 of the families from that migration...
YES, VIRGINIA, IT IS FAWKINGLY FREEEEEEZING COLD IN NEW ENGLAND...except those few days during la nina years when it is almost balmy......

and i was taught to sing by ny metropolitan opera singers.....and sang pro in my yout'....still have perfect pitch, had a 5-octave range ........sang until throat surgery.....loooong number of years....

aaron----save up for a gibson hollowbody acoustic electric----great tone.....

Last edited by z-hag; 02-07-2008 at 08:38 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:13 PM
Über User

yes i know new england is cold, but this guy was diff. maybe it wasnt a new england state but it was one with boarding mountains and they made it seem like it stays fairly warm there.
Old 02-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Pr0n Addict

i'm in va and it's been 70 all week. it's just now cooling down. i have a lot of family in new york and long island, so i go up there about 2x a year. i personally have never felt it be sig. colder when i got there then when i left va. generally yea, it is colder up there, but it's not crazy much. when you get on the mountains is when it's really cold.
i don't know how anyone like gibson. i love fender for it's versatility. i've heard teles sound heavier then a les pual and srats sound more classical and contemporary then... anything. plus they are lighter, and don't break so easily. and they are cheaper. the new gibsons just cost a crap load and they still look cheaply made when you see them in the store
Old 02-09-2008, 07:31 AM
Political n00b crusher

Originally Posted by willkrom1990
i'm in va and it's been 70 all week. it's just now cooling down. i have a lot of family in new york and long island, so i go up there about 2x a year. i personally have never felt it be sig. colder when i got there then when i left va. generally yea, it is colder up there, but it's not crazy much. when you get on the mountains is when it's really cold.
i don't know how anyone like gibson. i love fender for it's versatility. i've heard teles sound heavier then a les pual and srats sound more classical and contemporary then... anything. plus they are lighter, and don't break so easily. and they are cheaper. the new gibsons just cost a crap load and they still look cheaply made when you see them in the store
I prefer Fenders also....I have 3 Strats. They're lightweight and easy to play and you can practice playing behind your neck or playing with your teeth ala Jimi. Plus nothing looks cooler than a Strat...especially the olympic white ones. That said, I just bought a Gibson Explorer off Ebay for the times I want a more full, hard rock tone.....and Explorers are actually priced reasonably unlike Les Pauls and some of the other Gibsons...
Old 02-09-2008, 09:48 AM
Queen of Yachts

the gibson i am referring to is a very old one---like the one roy orbison used-----makes boooofitul sounds. they do not make 'em like that anymore.....
Old 02-09-2008, 10:08 AM
Über User

start a band. otherwise your collection efforts are futile! lol.

but really, start a band.
Old 02-09-2008, 10:35 AM
Doesn't post much...

Snwy = Guitarded.

Rod.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:43 PM
Über User

Originally Posted by RodMoyes
Snwy = Guitarded.

Rod.
that....... i have no problem agreeing to. lol
Old 02-09-2008, 12:53 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

start a band. otherwise your collection efforts are futile! lol.

but really, start a band.
Hey....for your information. I am technically in a band. I will be the lead guitarist. More than likely. I have gotten better at leads, and riffs. I play alot, and I am on my 3rd set of strings. My last set only last me 2 1/2 months. I have been putting alot of hours in my playing. So there you go man. My collection is not futile.
Old 02-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Queen of Yachts

whatdja do, snowy----find kronik????? such agreee-ability????? je n'est sais pas.... .....and----dont mess with the wild man.......wooooohoooooo ................. strings dont last long when ya PLAY!!!!!

Last edited by z-hag; 02-09-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Poor kid, no ruler

I worked on some 240sx's did turbo conversions with a friend as well as SOHC to DOHC swaps and did one 5-speed conversion.

I still have n00b status, but I'm confident I can do a turbo conversion on the 280. Though I'm probably gonna keep it instead, wait for an L28et or a 280zxT to pop around and get an old S30 and do what snwy did.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Über User

wildman, i was more pokin at mike. nat you. lol. i knew you sing and playe'd in the band didnt know how serious it was or not though.

and ray, dude, no body can do what i did. im Z GOD!!!! lol
Old 02-09-2008, 01:34 PM
Poor kid, no ruler

You're probably right.

Just look at the prices of S30's in my area.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/car/552679621.html
http://orlando.craigslist.org/car/552684234.html

Now s130s

http://orlando.craigslist.org/car/555589673.html
http://orlando.craigslist.org/car/549121664.html

And those are NA, so they're useless to me!

Seriously, Florida blows...
Old 02-09-2008, 08:42 PM
Queen of Yachts

Originally Posted by raythenegr0
You're probably right.

Just look at the prices of S30's in my area.

http://orlando.craigslist.org/car/552679621.html
http://orlando.craigslist.org/car/552684234.html

Now s130s

http://orlando.craigslist.org/car/555589673.html
http://orlando.craigslist.org/car/549121664.html

And those are NA, so they're useless to me!

Seriously, Florida blows...

first one mevbbe 1200 max.

second one 800-1000 maX. THE 3RD ONE AT 5500 IS IN REALLY GOOD SHAPE---COULD BE WORTH THE HIGH PRICE. THE LAST ONE IS A HIGH DECENT PRICE. looking for one for 500$???? look in the desert or in cali or nevada where there is no ocean at the beach.....
Old 02-09-2008, 10:35 PM
Über User

jesus ray, ur making me wanna raise my price to 4k firm. your seting yourself up!!!!