The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

any body do any thing interesting....

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 01:29 PM
The Evil Twin

I could get 3 cars in my garage if I didn't have those storage shelves at the back.
without those, where would I keep all my awsome junk!?
Old 02-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Über User

you only have 2 z's though....... want a turbo 260?????

and thats just green tea, its definatly good the way it is, maybe a little bit sweetend.
Old 02-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Pr0n Addict

so i called Tidewater Z to see if they would take the PTU back, and they would. but, i called the local nissan stealership and gave them my vin and the batch in the service dept said there's no recal on my car. WTF? she said there was nothing at all that they could do to my car for free. do i need to call again and re-phrase my question?
Old 02-07-2008, 02:03 PM
Über User

there was a re-call on all early 90 models that used the early primitive style PTU.

here's a quote from tt.net

Power Transistor Recall
The power transistor is the unit that amplifies the ignition signal to each of the 6 individual ignition coils. The early Hitachi ones on 90' and 91' Z's were prone to failure so Nissan made a voluntary recall on them to replace with a new improved Mitsubishi unit.
The symptoms of a bad power transistor are stalling and running rough. Many times, the car will not restart once it stalls. Nissan is to pay for towing as well as the part since this is a recall.

A few of the replacements have failed as well, so Nissan should pay to replace the faulty transistor again.

Call 1-800-Nissan-1 with your VIN # handy so you can find out if the recall has been performed on your Z.

Chris(Miami)

Even if the Power transistor is exactly the same all around the world, Nissan decided that ONLY the US Z can benefit from the recall !

So if (or more exactly when) it'll fail, the NON-US Zers have to buy a replacement Power Transistor Unit , very often at a overinflated price (depending on your country, you may be charged between 2 to 5 times the US price).

And to add insult to injury, the power transistor unit you'll then get will have the same old, faulty design, and will fail again (guess how I know ?)

The best workaround is to buy one in the US , and install it yourself (it's easy, and can be done in about 20 minutes)

Henri Le Hir

here is the actual url: http://twinturbo.net/ttnetfaq/append...r%20Transistor
Old 02-07-2008, 02:14 PM
Pr0n Addict

thanks a lot for that. that nissan hot line has the coolest wait music i've ever heard after being told "please hold". she sounds like she can't find recalls on cars that old
Old 02-07-2008, 02:17 PM
Über User

????? cars that old? you mean the dealership you called originally? people there are tards. what did the hotline tell you? got the proper vin right?
Old 02-07-2008, 02:22 PM
Pr0n Addict

SOAB! no recal is out for my VIN #. i do have the primative PTU but apparently my car wasn't built at the factory that the recall was placed on or something like that. my timing covers have some paint pen writing on them, and i know the engine's been out, so i'm starting to get a vauge feeling that i might have a JDM motor or something. that PTU was used on a lot more JDM cars from what i hear
Old 02-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Political n00b crusher

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540

and thats just green tea, its definatly good the way it is, maybe a little bit sweetend.
Yes I want a turbo 260! How much??? And don't forget to factor in the ZDriver discount.

I have the same problem as Bleach though....got the shelves plus the damn lawn mower and other stuff. Maybe I'll buy a shed.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:35 PM
Über User

how much? havent you known my 260 has been for sale? Zdriver price is 3k. lol. when it comes to selling cars, i dont discount the price much for such a large item. lol. small parts though im generous on.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Political n00b crusher

how much? havent you known my 260 has been for sale? Zdriver price is 3k. lol. when it comes to selling cars, i dont discount the price much for such a large item. lol. small parts though im generous on.
Is there some kind of warranty included?
Old 02-07-2008, 05:50 PM
Über User

sure, theres a free all until the end of summer 08 full advice hotline via me! or for as long as your on here. lol. if provided with air fair/ticket and stay i can always come phisically down there and help you. i work for beer and food. lol. no garuntee's on that one though because of school. thats aboot it. also i know you saw the photoshoot me and teh 2 other cars, did you see the new thread my 260 update! with vids and interior shot. should reallly give you a perspective on the cars condition. fair/good runs great. there for i say 3k is low ballin myself lol, but i can live with 3k in mah pocket. might dissappoint me later, but i think i can trick myself for a while.

Last edited by snwbrderphat540; 02-07-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:07 PM
Political n00b crusher

Well I'm definitely interested in the car....but theres the room issue, and I really don't want to keep her outside. I tried to find a house w/ a 3-car garage but they're rare in my price range (did find one, but it was in the wrong area of town....)
Old 02-07-2008, 06:12 PM
Über User

shoulda moved more north. why do you like spring field so much? isnt alot of it "the wrong town" lol. plus, ide imagine living in the states capitol would have a higher price tag in certain areas also, shoulda moved to plainfield man! thats where i wanna move next year, its sooo close and you can get fairly large and good condition houses for a great price, purchase or rent, and theres not bad part of town in that town. mostly because alot of it still has some farm fields. lol. but also ALOT of new developments. it think i got an ariel picture around here some where from when i was flying over it.....
Old 02-07-2008, 06:15 PM
Über User

here we go, you can see lots of field but also lots of housing

these two are the edge of plainfield/yorkville.

stupid identical white houses lol. all them look the same!!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Political n00b crusher

Nice pics......but I think Chicagoland has quite a bit higher cost-of-living including real estate. And its also colder!!
Old 02-07-2008, 06:23 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

wow....so flat....
Old 02-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Über User

colder? pffft, not that much, your only like 150 miles south. aint no thing. and chicago does, but the suburbs like plainfield stay very liveable. if i can find a 3 room 2car garage living room 2 bath and i think even a pool, for rent in plainfield fo 1500 or 1200 a month, thats pretty good. especially when you compare that price to one of the new condo's/apartments in chicago that are like 6 million or some crap. lol.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:41 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
you know, boyz, that really cool stuff fits best into a 4wd van........and i just happen to have one for sale......

ps----chi-town sux....too windy.....too cold.....too back east......too much snow.......pun intended........
Old 02-07-2008, 06:49 PM
Political n00b crusher

colder? pffft, not that much, your only like 150 miles south. aint no thing. and chicago does, but the suburbs like plainfield stay very liveable. if i can find a 3 room 2car garage living room 2 bath and i think even a pool, for rent in plainfield fo 1500 or 1200 a month, thats pretty good. especially when you compare that price to one of the new condo's/apartments in chicago that are like 6 million or some crap. lol.
The duplex I just moved from was 2 BR, 2 BA, 2-car garage and the rent was $705.
Old 02-07-2008, 06:59 PM
Über User

booo springfield!!!! lol. its to far. you still dating that lady down there anywho? if not, chicago move ftw! lol
Old 02-07-2008, 07:02 PM
The Evil Twin

Yes, but not yet. I have 2 Z's, a Pulsar, a Frontier, and a 4Runner...
Old 02-07-2008, 07:35 PM
Political n00b crusher

booo springfield!!!! lol. its to far. you still dating that lady down there anywho? if not, chicago move ftw! lol
I'm not that crazy about Springfield either.....its just where the job is. Wanna move again someday but not to Chicago......but back down south....

(and no, no girl right now. Thats OK more $$$ for car parts and guitars....)
Old 02-07-2008, 07:39 PM
Über User

guitars? i dont see how guitars take up money so much, they are expensive, but cheap to maintain and they ususally only break strings and occaisionally pick-ups if they are electric. find one you really like the sound and feel of and stick with it? lol. and i wouldnt mind moving out east honestly. some place in new england where its usually very warm but has mountains nearby so i can always hit up the slopes for a long boarding season. only problem is, as a pilot, not to many bases fixed outta there. most are in the major areas like chicago, texas and cali. cali would be fun to live in actually. i think if i get a job opp out there ill take it. every one seems to live there anyways.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Political n00b crusher

Its no fun having just 1 guitar! I have 7 and I just bought another one on Ebay today (Gibson Explorer). You're right theres no maintenance for guitars....just strings. But they're not that cheap to buy....although I did get a pretty good deal on the Explorer.
Old 02-07-2008, 07:59 PM
Über User

why do you need so many though? like, they dont do anything for you like a bike or a car will do? ladies like a man that can play a guitar, not own a billion. lol. like, i just dont get it!?!?

Quick Reply: any body do any thing interesting....