The Lounge (Off Topic) Talk about daily events, or other items not really related to the ZCars in any way.

50 MPG 280zx!!!!!! you have to watch!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 08:54 AM
Haterade by da gallon!

50 MPG 280zx!!!!!! you have to watch!!!!

this actually looks pretty strait except the system seems to small to give you double the mpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k566vt5GrS0

i think mythbusters got payed off by the Gov. to make the experiment fail

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MlR0yjhMak&NR=1

Last edited by 280zx2by2; 07-04-2008 at 09:18 AM.
Old 07-04-2008, 01:14 PM
The Evil Twin

"probably about 50 miles per gallon"

that guy has no idea what milage he got, has now, or how to even calculate gas milage.
Old 07-04-2008, 10:27 PM
NisTuner

So I run the car on gas, and then I just pump some water into the intake?
Old 07-05-2008, 01:52 AM

What a complete crock of SHI... you know what I mean. There is no way that is doing ANYTHING!! I posted my comment on the video...way to trash up a nice car...what an ***. " I was getting about 27mpg...now I get about 50" LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!! He is still using the same amount of gas!! The computer isn't going to compensate for the "hydrogen" being sucked into the intake.
Old 07-05-2008, 07:11 AM
Haterade by da gallon!

i noticed that all of the "HHO conversion" sales people seem sketchy and say "oh its my friend making it and i dont know how it works..."
Old 07-05-2008, 02:49 PM
The Good Twin

Hey 2by2... If you paypal me $500 I will send you a magical new device that will increase your mpg up to 30% or more!
Old 07-05-2008, 03:07 PM
Haterade by da gallon!

Originally Posted by NismoPick
Hey 2by2... If you paypal me $500 I will send you a magical new device that will increase your mpg up to 30% or more!
sorry... i dont send money to people on zdriver... just to some dude on you tube who has a friend that has a friend that knew a guy who could put on a (ok im not an expert) a water to hydrogen mpg grabbin machine!!!!!

Originally Posted by thxone
What a complete crock of SHI... you know what I mean. There is no way that is doing ANYTHING!! I posted my comment on the video...way to trash up a nice car...what an ***. " I was getting about 27mpg...now I get about 50" LOLOLOLOL!!!!!!! He is still using the same amount of gas!! The computer isn't going to compensate for the "hydrogen" being sucked into the intake.
he gave you a reply!!!!!!! if you are evizx

quote...In response to evizx, STOP YOUR WEEPING MAN! This is great news for everyone including you! Do I know about 280zx's I have had this car for the past 11 years and I don't want to school you on the knowledge bro'. Right now we are talking about science. What do you know about that? I don't care if my engine looked like a garbage can, I keeping money in my pocket. If you would like to peer into the knowledge of how this works, do your research in the biggest library in the world-Internet. end quote

OMG... he gonna school you!

Last edited by 280zx2by2; 07-05-2008 at 07:05 PM.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:49 PM
The Evil Twin

owned it 11 years and changed the oil twice. He's the Z car expert!!! THXone got skooled! ouch
Old 07-05-2008, 07:03 PM
Haterade by da gallon!

Originally Posted by Bleach
owned it 11 years and changed the oil twice. He's the Z car expert!!! THXone got skooled! ouch
hey bleach chill out this is science were talkin...
Old 07-05-2008, 09:25 PM
eff good grammar

i think mabe myth busters car didnt work with the cylinder they bulit was because there was no other air going in the carb
i dont have any thing else going on in life pretty much, i'll think about trying it out for you guys
Old 07-05-2008, 11:15 PM
The Evil Twin

Originally Posted by Niku-Sama
i think mabe myth busters car didnt work with the cylinder they bulit was because there was no other air going in the carb
i dont have any thing else going on in life pretty much, i'll think about trying it out for you guys
please do. Start tracking your gas milage now on every tank of gas before you add this device.
Old 07-05-2008, 11:36 PM

Man...I hate getting schooled like that....I posted another comment to the idiot.
Old 07-06-2008, 12:41 AM
Mr. Fancy Connectors

While agreeing with you that guy is an idiot, I must interject here and say, that HHO or Browns gas is really quite efficient. While there are defined risks to running an HHO system, there are bonuses as well, such as improved gas mileage. For those of you that don't remember, I had a toyota corolla running off of HHO and nothing else. I will get video someday once I finish working out the bugs in it. When I am ready to release it to the world. You guys will be the first to have the plans.

Oh yeah I`m back from camping.
Old 07-06-2008, 01:01 AM
eff good grammar

i went camping too, i got hella sick and it wasnt drinking sick so i didnt have any fun.
then my girlfriend started the rag....ugh

edit:
i was thinking having it hooked directly into the vaccume on the intake would work but depending on where its at it would cause some cylinders to run hotter or...leaner than other. the hydrogen is acting sort of like a catalyist in the piston so i guess it would be leaner than others so at the front of the intake would be better.

another thing is these cars with these installed and the people that dont know a whole lot about them may be driving arround with small bombs under their hoods, nothing to do any super damage but i wouldnt want to pay for it.....

think about it: you annode and cathlode are workin away on makin that H and that O2 is going else where too but the water goes away (dur) so the water level is gonna drop below the tops of the annode/cathode and zap BANG!

Last edited by Niku-Sama; 07-06-2008 at 01:20 AM.
Old 07-06-2008, 10:40 AM
Haterade by da gallon!

Originally Posted by Mhinrichs
While agreeing with you that guy is an idiot, I must interject here and say, that HHO or Browns gas is really quite efficient. While there are defined risks to running an HHO system, there are bonuses as well, such as improved gas mileage. For those of you that don't remember, I had a toyota corolla running off of HHO and nothing else. I will get video someday once I finish working out the bugs in it. When I am ready to release it to the world. You guys will be the first to have the plans.

Oh yeah I`m back from camping.
is the car runnig off hydrogen or one of these little water to hydrogen converters?

i dont doubt that a car will run off hydrogen its just that these little things arent putting out enough hydrogen at all to power a car...
Old 07-06-2008, 11:00 AM
Mr. Fancy Connectors

Originally Posted by 280zx2by2
is the car runnig off hydrogen or one of these little water to hydrogen converters?

i dont doubt that a car will run off hydrogen its just that these little things arent putting out enough hydrogen at all to power a car...

Well, lets clear some things up. These do not produce hydrogen. they produce HHO. BIG differnce. And your right 12v is not enough juice to get these to produce enough to power a car. But yes the car runs off a small under hood unit like this. With only enough gas to start the engine. (still working on getting it to start off HHO.)
Old 07-08-2008, 08:35 PM
eff good grammar

ok i wont be doing this for a while, i got diagnosed with strep throat and i feel like absoulte ****. its pretty bad, probally a week or 2 before i am back on my feets
Old 07-09-2008, 07:57 AM
The Evil Twin

If you ran a high output alternator and a larger HHO generator that may get you closer to having a usable fuel supply... right?

then the trick is to lean out your factory fuel injection. I would also think that inserting the HHO line in front of the throttle plate would be best so you have control over the fuel/air mixture entering the manifold. The AFM won't be meetering any of the HHO but it would be turned to a lean gasoline mixture at best.
I would guess city milage would increase slightly. 24mpg? and if the setup works, you could run on the highway at less throttle than before but still plenty of total fuel burning... netting you 35-40mpg maybe?

A 16-bit late Z31 ECU with 3 wire O2 sensor may make up a little bit for the extra fuel burnt and lean out the overall gasoline mixture as it sees excess unburn gas in the exhaust. Also, switching to a 4-cyl would be an obvious first step if you're building a car for economy.

Last edited by Bleach; 07-09-2008 at 08:00 AM.
Old 07-09-2008, 07:58 PM
Pr0n Addict

well i'm interested now. i'm officially looking for a very cheap 4 cylinder to try it on
Old 07-09-2008, 10:07 PM
Haterade by da gallon!

in the name of the all mighty bleach "why not just go electric?"
Old 07-09-2008, 11:13 PM
The Evil Twin

well of course!
I mean, that's what I'm doing. But for all you others who want to do it the hard way you can mess with all these chemicals, oil, and junk. Electric is the equivelant of 200mpg at today's oil prices.
Anything gas powered has a longer range at higher speeds though.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:09 AM
Pr0n Addict

here's my thought on the HHO assisted motor. please point out the flaws.

i think that the idea is quite valid. i did a bit of research, and it has been made to work quite often, with 30 to reported 100% increases in economy. these set ups had more then a line spraying hydrogen into the manifold though. i do believe there is more to it then pumping hydrogen in. you can pump all the hydrogen you want in, but in a carburated car, that doesn't equal less gas going in. the same amount of air going in sucks the same old amount of gas. so a lot of tuning is required.

with a FI car, the O2 sensors can provide compensation in fuel delivery, but i don't expect that it is enough to really get the best out of the hydrogen that you are pumping in. does anyone have any thoughts on how to broaden the range of compensation that an O2 sensor is good for?

as for the 280 in this thread, i believe that he got considerable benefit from his system. i think that the hydrogen that he is pumping in is little enough that the O2 sensor could fully compensate the fuel. i want to try it on an early FI corolla or honda.

and btw, i know i haven't been on in a good while (i got a new computer, graduated, had thoughts about selling the car, and am working 3 jobs....), but what happened to SNW? i haven't seen a single post from him. oh and another update on me if anyone cares: i hit an F-ing deer with the Z. i was really lucky though. it just broke a turn signal and a headlight cover. and bled on my car. other then that, there isn't a single dent or anything. but the deer flew up about ten feet and broke it's back when it landed..... it was crazy.

Last edited by KasbeKZ; 07-10-2008 at 05:14 AM.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:16 AM
The Good Twin

Poor deer... I mean.... Poor Z car.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:06 PM
Pr0n Addict

true that poor Z car. i'm having trouble finding a used replacement headlight cover.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:12 AM
Haterade by da gallon!

Originally Posted by Bleach
well of course!
I mean, that's what I'm doing. But for all you others who want to do it the hard way you can mess with all these chemicals, oil, and junk. Electric is the equivelant of 200mpg at today's oil prices.
Anything gas powered has a longer range at higher speeds though.

hes actually gonna make that s30 into a eZ electric car..... bleach i will find you a motor for that car... but i wont buy it

Quick Reply: 50 MPG 280zx!!!!!! you have to watch!!!!