FS: 300ZX (84-89) Z31 Cars & Parts

FS:1987 Nissan 300ZX turbo...PA

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 10:46 AM

FS:1987 Nissan 300ZX turbo...PA

I'm considering selling my 1987 300ZX. The car is my daily driver currently, though not as much recently as I've upgraded a few things here and there. Here are some of the details:

1987 GLL model(build date 11/86),Turbocharged w/stock T3 turbo from Nissan, White exterior on Tan interior, t-tops (all seals are great and do NOT leak!)
-analog dash-only the fuel gauge is faulty due to the sending unit-the low fuel light comes on when there is 2¼ gallons left, so you won't run out of fuel.
-just turned 92K original miles, 5-speed manual transmission, VG30ET engine running 10w-40 Brad Penn oil.
-recent manual trans fluid flush and fill, differential flush and fill with Castrol fluids.
-all interior pieces are intact, headliner is excellent, vents are all there, dash is NOT cracked or faded, driver seat has a small rip, rear carpeting is faded and could use a good cleaning, all lights work inside and out, factory radio with tape player and pass side amplifier is all there and work, brand new Pioneer 6½" speakers all around(coaxials),
-2 new headlight bulbs, 2 new H3 foglight bulbs, rear brake pads, 2 new Falken Ziex 912 rear tires, 2 NEW KYB mono gas-adjust struts(rear), front tire tread is at 85% still, front shocks are great! Car also had a 4-wheel alignment done at time of the rear struts/tires and bushings. (see bottom, I have all paperwork)
Engine is stock internally, I've replaced all the old rubber vacuum lines with silicone vacuum lines of the same diameter
New NGK spark plugs, NEW NGK "blue" wires 7mm, New distributor cap AND rotor, New timing belt/tensioner/stud, water pump, thermostat and all gaskets
Z31parts.com full Poly bushing Master kit, poly engine mount isolators
Car did NOT have the injector campaign done, but there are no issues with drivability. This was actually a good thing, as I was preparing for the JWT 450 upgrade. Parts I have for the upgrade will go along with the car. I have the '93 Ford Cobra MAF, 88 N/A Fed ECU, manual boost controller.
I also have a new Fuel Pressure Regulator that should arrive any day, and will be installed prior to selling the car. Comes with Fuel temp sensor.
-I have installed all new engine gaskets EXCEPT the head gaskets as they are in perfect condition(this included all Intake manifold gaskets, idle control and EGR gaskets. Recently replaced the vacuum tank solenoid and deleted the A/C as the PO before me cut the A/C lines to TRY to remove it and did a horrible job. The lines could not be saved, however I still have the AC compressor, condensor, accumulator and fan all in excellent condition(will come with car also)
-I removed the stock airbox and am using a 9" cone Spectre air filter(K&N design, pre-oiled and washable), silicone coupler to the stock MAF.

The only issue the car has is the steering rack. I can't say it leaks, as it never loses fluid, but there IS a bit of moisture at the bottom of the rack, probably from one of the PO using PS fluid instead of Dexron like the FSM states to use. I flushed out most of the PS fluid and refilled it with Dexron, but the rack will eventually need replacing. Advance Auto sells reman'd Cardone units for $130 plus $20 core charge, and they are easy to install, and almost always in stock.

I really wanted to upgrade this to the JWT 450 and was on my way, but we had a customer who brought in a 1972 240Z that he was possibly selling, as I've been searching for one in good condition I am trying to sell the 300 to try to pick up the 240Z.

Email me for VIN#...I will have current pictures up later, but if you want there is a link to my photobucket with pics of when I got the car in January of this year. Like I've said, its been my daily driver in nice weather, car has a solid underside, a few nicks in the paint, 1 crack on inside of driver front fenderwell, but the car is probably an 8 out of 10. Continue on with the upgrade if you want or just drive it as it is.

-Title is clear in my name, currently registered, insured and inspected till 7/2011

Link: http://s155.photobucket.com/albums/s...1/Z31%20Turbo/
Hopefully the link still works, if not just email me for any pictures you might want.

Whitecomet21@comcast.net
You can reach me at 570-878-0092, call and leave a message. Willing to travel up to 100 miles to show, and will also ship at buyer's expense, but will help arrange it.

Asking $5000 obo for everything. Price is slightly negotiable. I think its very fair seeing as the car is in great shape, and the upgrades are tasteful and most were necessary.
I HAVE RECEIPTS FOR EVERYTHING I'VE DONE!!!!! They will go to whoever buys the car.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:24 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Nah, the link doesn't work. Try posting your pictures with this code. [img]your picture address here[/img] Hope that helps, and good luck.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:25 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Actually....I didn't realize till after I posted. That you don't have enough posts to post pictures. Ask, by sending a PM to NismoPick, LWW, Bleach, etc... To authorize you to post pictures.
Old 07-31-2010, 01:40 PM
The Good Twin

I think that was a copy and paste from another forum, because the link has been shortened.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:44 PM

I'll have to check my link when I get home later tonight.

Last edited by Mikey21; 08-06-2010 at 09:05 AM.