FS: 300ZX (84-89) Z31 Cars & Parts

'86 Part out, white GLL, red interior, extra VG30E mismatch, failed revive

Old 07-25-2014, 02:51 PM

Unhappy '86 Part out, white GLL, red interior, extra VG30E mismatch, failed revive

5-speed, digital display, sound system, compass (some lights out)

Got this car from its 2nd owner's garage in 2006, died in 2008. I joined the Army and got around to shipping it to me so i could work on it, i bought the wrong engine to swap, I'M BROKE NOW, and have all these parts everywhere.
I've hit some curbs and broke a motor mount (which was fixed), the OD is around 170,000, engine was rebuilt around 130-150,000. i have the history of maintenance that the previous owners kept, and I only had a new rack and pinion.
Parts I've changed since it died are obviously still like new, they are the distributor, fuel pressure regulator, tps, spark plugs,spark plug wires, and fuel filter.
#I have new radiator hoses that i could never change (now I can't)
#I have a new oil pan gasket (I got the on day I FAILED, and stopped)
#I have a gasket kit which is ~$70 on ebay, its open, also tried to use some on the last day.
#I put new KUMHO tires all around, so these are best shipped deflated, in pairs.
#I used a tape/headphone adapter in the SOUND SYSTEM and the AMP and everything still works.
#I have a new economy battery that was on a charger a few times.
#The clutch is off and looks good.
#starter looks great, always cranked with the battery charged.
#I have 2 ECUs total (from one that came before{RIP['murica]}), both tested the same so they're not both wrong.
SPEAKING OF BEING WRONG, I always did the self test wrong so i got 23 and 31 ('Load')
THE BAD:
*The bolt and plastic that holds the passenger door spring arm was broken so the bolt in there now makes it click because it's not snug.
*breaking the motor mount cracked the exhaust manifold on the driver side and chipped the upper intake tube (the "Aorta") on the bottom, and the accordion tube under it is stiff and barely reaches.
*hitting curbs bent the frame so the best an alignment can do is still about .25degree off in the rear.
*sitting at my parent's driveway caused the gas to peel the paint around the fill and it was repainted. The area still turns black with mold. The gas was replaced in May.
*I tried to install a universal antenna, and the half/full control relay is cut out, i never got it to work, switch was broken before.
*throttle cable rubber dried off.
* the frame is dinged, kinda rusty or grimed over and weak (my opinion), why weren't these more solid?
*self testing like a moron led me to replace and gut the TPS harness back to the ECU plug, so that has speaker wire in it.
*being in the sun dried out almost everything: the rear view mirror crumbled (i have the glass and arm+screw...the rear speaker areas are a little collapsed...the shading on the windshield is yellow.

I don't have T-top shades.
The center console lid is dry but intact.
The passenger side floor mat emblem is nice, and both mats are spray-dyed, but bright now.

AND....the engine I bought for it is a 94 pathfinder automatic-compatible VG30E, so I have the bones of that also, no accessories

I hope this eliminates a lot of "what about this?"-ing
Attached Thumbnails '86 Part out, white GLL, red interior, extra VG30E mismatch, failed revive-imag0239.jpg   '86 Part out, white GLL, red interior, extra VG30E mismatch, failed revive-imag0240.jpg   '86 Part out, white GLL, red interior, extra VG30E mismatch, failed revive-imag0241.jpg   '86 Part out, white GLL, red interior, extra VG30E mismatch, failed revive-imag0242.jpg   '86 Part out, white GLL, red interior, extra VG30E mismatch, failed revive-imag0243.jpg  

'86 Part out, white GLL, red interior, extra VG30E mismatch, failed revive-imag0244.jpg   '86 Part out, white GLL, red interior, extra VG30E mismatch, failed revive-imag0245.jpg   '86 Part out, white GLL, red interior, extra VG30E mismatch, failed revive-imag0247.jpg   '86 Part out, white GLL, red interior, extra VG30E mismatch, failed revive-imag0248.jpg  
Old 10-26-2016, 06:09 AM

I need your front bumper and front fenders 913 449 8914