300ZX (Z31) Appearance Exterior, Interior Discussions related to body kits, accessories, interiors, window tinting etc.

A bit of help with exterior/interior trim part numbers

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 05:28 PM

A bit of help with exterior/interior trim part numbers

I'm doing a restoration of a 86 z31na and looking for a bit of help with part numbers.

any help would be greatly appreciated. and yes, I know it isn't turbo, it has sentimental value as it was my wife's first car.

first, I'm looking for a part number for the interior trim at the top of the door panel. Chrome trim with the inside rubber seal for the window, tabs onto the door panel. I've looked at all the parts diagrams i can find on various sites and noone lists a breakout for that part. The rubber for the window is shot and wondering can I acquire the rubber or is it possible to acquire the trim piece. Strange that the interior rubber is shot and the exterior is in great condition.

second, attached to the back of the headlights, there is a remnant of rubber, I'm assuming this was some sort of rubber that ran up under the hood? not enough left to discern what it is and I can't find it on a parts breakdown.

So far -
new Tie rods
New rack/pinion (lots of fun putting that in, thanks nissan)
new rotors/pads all round
new struts
new shocks
timing belt - belts, water pump, knock sensor, tons of bits- thanks for the parts breakdown, replaced it all while it was open.
4 wheel alignment passed in spec
new tint
new radio/speakers
new fluids - auto/diff/brakes/power steering/radiator
new factory lid for center console
replaced missing Z emblems on wheels
new tires all the way around
ac retro'd
vaccum lines fixed
hood/hatch lifts replaced

on the list -
t-top and door seals - found, having a heart attack at the price for a piece of rubber (350ish for frame door seal? 50 for top?)
hatchback seal - found (130 ish?)- still recovering, not as bad as door seals
factory antenna - still looking, got plenty of places to look, too many aftermarkets
front splitter - found and awaiting confirmation on availability
Wheels sent off to get refurbed - out to refurbisher, can't wait to see them shiny and black again.
carpet - found online (250ish for front, back i can do), any suggestions gladly accepted
leather for seats - found online - about 700, sound right? any suggestions gladly accepted
windshield washer assembly- have part numbers, on the hunt...

the car is out to paint right now, only 3 spots of minor rot on the car (driver's front A pillar, rot at the bottom, back hatch, by lock rotted, where the rubber meets and small rot behind rear passenger wheel well.) so I'm hoping for a fairly quick turn around.

the car is in remarkably good shape all things considering that hasn't run for over 2.5 years, cars are made to run.

I did search the forums, if someone has a link that applies, please let me know, much obliged.

I'm trying to get the car turned for christmas.... we'll see how that goes.

thanks,
much in debt z owner lol
Old 12-10-2012, 09:02 PM

z31.com | Fiche | Instructions
Old 12-10-2012, 10:23 PM

Thanks, I looked there but it seems like they have been having some site issues.

I found the part numbers for the headlight rubber, doesn't look quite right but then again, mine are about a quarter of inch... Not what they are supposed to be obviously ( part 62326/62327 if anyone else is looking)

I still can't find that interior seal, looked on 809, 800...

Just nothing that shows that trim piece or weatherstripping nor that of the top of door panel