FS: 240Z,260Z,280Z & 280ZX (70-83) S30 / S130 Cars & Parts

sorry to say.... (selling 280zx - $500)

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 07:16 PM

Unhappy sorry to say.... (selling 280zx - $500)

sellin my 280. hopefully someone on the forum will ****** it. i want 500 for it. idk. it has a busted tranny (not sure whats wrong it could be linkages or gears.) it'll be mostly a part car. the brakes are all new, but they still lock up for some reason.

heres some pics.

the reason im selling it is i have no money. i have my z31 which will take it all. it needs alot of work. so i have to cut some spending. any more ?? pm me. thanks
Old 06-13-2009, 09:02 PM
The Good Twin

Moved to Marketplace > For Sale.
Old 06-14-2009, 01:57 AM

ah. my bad. didnt see that thread. now i know
Old 06-14-2009, 03:21 PM

Turbo or non? Auto or manual tranny?
Old 06-14-2009, 04:02 PM
Ruff Ryder

Originally Posted by texasz
Turbo or non? Auto or manual tranny?
before you go and try looking like a smart ***, note that its a slick top, note the absence of turbo emblems, note that in the ad it state:
" it has a busted tranny (not sure whats wrong it could be linkages or gears.)"
also note that early auto trany's have a consistent problem with the valve body's and torque converters, not linkage or gears.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:14 AM

its all good hoov (he's a potential customer) here's a little more info.

1983 280zx N/A
manual
has 250,xxx miles on it. rather see a resto done but hey, whoever grabs it can do what they want.
i just got too much on my spending plate.
id rather sell it on a forum, but if it takes to long im gonna have to scrap it.
so c'mon guys help a fellow z guy out. lol.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:17 AM
The Good Twin

How about posting pics of the engine bay? Interior? Up close on the rust spots? Do you have the title? Is it clean?

The more info you provide, the better the chance to sell.
Old 06-16-2009, 07:10 AM

will do. thanks nismo. the title is clean and in my name. more pics later. its my first time selling online so bear with me.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:15 PM

will get more when i get my new camera tomorrow. c'mon now. somebody near to me must have a need for it... i wish i didnt have to.
Old 06-16-2009, 04:38 PM

60$ shipped for the cd player if it works, you prolly dont want to part, but I figured Id throw you a bone since I'm not close enough to buy
Old 06-16-2009, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by hoov100
before you go and try looking like a smart ***, note that its a slick top, note the absence of turbo emblems, note that in the ad it state:
" it has a busted tranny (not sure whats wrong it could be linkages or gears.)"
also note that early auto trany's have a consistent problem with the valve body's and torque converters, not linkage or gears.
No need for name calling. Those were valid questions, if it were a turbo 5-speed I'd be very interested.

Missing emblems, really? The car is close to 30 yeears old, missing emblems means nothing...they could just be missing.

Slick top. That means nothing to me as I'm not well versed on all the details of the 280ZX...I'm in to the 240Z myself, before they got fat and heavy with less power (very sad that this happened to the Z car).

I know the tranny is busted. If it's an auto it's scrap metal to me, if it's a stick it may be worth repairing depending upon what is really wrong and the cost of repair. Necessary info to gauge my level of interest.

Originally Posted by kittyz
its all good hoov (he's a potential customer) here's a little more info.

1983 280zx N/A
manual
has 250,xxx miles on it. rather see a resto done but hey, whoever grabs it can do what they want.
i just got too much on my spending plate.
id rather sell it on a forum, but if it takes to long im gonna have to scrap it.
so c'mon guys help a fellow z guy out. lol.
Thanx for the info! As I mentioned above with it being a non-turbo and auto I'm going to pass. If you get to scrapping it I could put the F54 block to good use.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by PBking51
60$ shipped for the cd player if it works, you prolly dont want to part, but I figured Id throw you a bone since I'm not close enough to buy
dang thats the only thing not for sale on the car. im trying to not part it out because i know im gonna be left with alot of crap. and sorry texasz. cant help yah.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:33 AM
The Good Twin

I'm hoping you saw this guy's wanted post: https://www.zdriver.com/forums/wanted-wtb-wtt-70/wtb-1982-280zx-w-manual-tranny-28775/
Old 06-17-2009, 06:20 PM

dang thats the only thing not for sale on the car. im trying to not part it out because i know im gonna be left with alot of crap. and sorry texasz. cant help yah.
No worries, I didn't expect that you'd take this route...just wanted to state what I would be interested in should you strip and part it out.
Old 06-17-2009, 09:30 PM
More Than Meets The Eye

Hope somebody buys it. It looks to be a good project Z to start with. If it weren't for the distance, and money. I would jump on this offer. Especially considering it is a slicktop. (which are more rare) Also more rarer after '81. And you have an '83. Which is extremely rare in a slicktop. If you aren't able to sell it. Try to hold on to it for a while. It looks to be in great shape. Hate to hear it going to the scrapyard. Good luck, on whatever happens, and or what you decide.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by NismoPick
I'm hoping you saw this guy's wanted post: https://www.zdriver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28775
yah he wants it running. ok i admit it. i was full of **** when i said i was gonna scrap it.... i couldnt do that! but it needs to go to someone to get it going. i cant and it'll just sit there next to a 73 ford galaxie, 66 chevy pickup, 94 chevy pickup, and my 84 z31 until i fix my z31. got quite a collection. hey wildman! you should totally make a road trip down here. maybe if i still have it towards the end of summer, i'll see if yah want to meet up somewhere. idk.
Old 06-21-2009, 09:05 AM

do u still got the 280zx
Old 06-21-2009, 12:21 PM
Mr. Fancy Connectors

Damn I`d be all over that if it where local. Texas is a little far to go get it though. Especially since I just took a trip to Arizona not so long ago for the jeep fc. Good luck with the sale.
Old 06-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Ruff Ryder

Originally Posted by Mhinrichs
Damn I`d be all over that if it where local. Texas is a little far to go get it though. Especially since I just took a trip to Arizona not so long ago for the jeep fc. Good luck with the sale.
I've got a 72 I'd be willing to sell you, thats 1000 miles closer!
Old 06-21-2009, 12:52 PM
Mr. Fancy Connectors

Originally Posted by hoov100
I've got a 72 I'd be willing to sell you, thats 1000 miles closer!
Oh yeah how much and its not the sbc one is it?
Old 06-21-2009, 02:34 PM
Ruff Ryder

lol I'm willing to sell it as a roller...
Old 06-23-2009, 01:07 PM

texasz i still got it. sorry bout the late post guys. look at this scam though...

To: kittyz1984@yahoo.com
Sent: Monday, June 15, 2009 6:06:45 PM
Subject: 1983 280zx

Hello,
Am Mr Kelvin by name.Well am interested in purchasing your Item so i will like you to get back to me some of the details below about the Item
The last asking price
The current condition
The picture of the Item
Well get back to me ASAP
Regards

--- On Fri, 6/19/09, kitty kat <kittyz1984@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: 1983 280zx
To: "Kelvin Philips" <kelvinphils@yahoo.com>
Date: Friday, June 19, 2009, 3:24 PM

$500
doesnt run, tranny messed up. could be linkages or gears. brakes lock up but i think i located the problem on that one.

here are pictures of it. http://s433.photobucket.com/albums/q...na/my%20280zx/

hope this helps!

Hello,
Thanks for the mail and the positive answers and sorry for the late in response.I did like you to get back to me with this following information below...
Your full Name....
Address Not P.O.Box.....
Your Contact Phone Number both Mobile and Home Number...
Once i have this information from you i wont hasten to pass it down to my secretary to issue and send you of the cheque.. But take note that shipment cost will be included.
Best regards

they must think im stupid. lol. and to ship a z? they really dont do this well.
Old 06-23-2009, 01:18 PM
The Good Twin

Yes... classic craigslist scam. Those go directly to my spam box so I never see em.

Signs that the email is a scam:
-copy & paste of your craigslist item title.
-no mention of your actual "thing" you are selling, just referred to as "item".
-even though the price was probably clearly stated, they ask for the price again.
-the crappy English grammar.
-the fact that you get the same exact email from any of your other craigslist post.

-DO NOT RESPOND TO THEIR EMAILS. They don't have your email address until you respond (thanks to craigslist who makes a pseudo-email forwarding service for you). Once you respond, guaranteed you'll get A LOT more spam.

-and I'm spent-
Old 06-24-2009, 07:18 AM

ah i responded. oh well yahoo will take care of it. yah i'm just messin with them now. lol
Old 06-26-2009, 04:08 AM
More Than Meets The Eye

yah he wants it running. ok i admit it. i was full of **** when i said i was gonna scrap it.... i couldnt do that! but it needs to go to someone to get it going. i cant and it'll just sit there next to a 73 ford galaxie, 66 chevy pickup, 94 chevy pickup, and my 84 z31 until i fix my z31. got quite a collection. hey wildman! you should totally make a road trip down here. maybe if i still have it towards the end of summer, i'll see if yah want to meet up somewhere. idk.
Wow...that is quite a collection. lol Anyway I would take you up on that offer. But I don't see being able to afford any trip like that for a long while. I am barely able to keep what I have. All aside...thanks for the offer though man. Who knows? Maybe we can meet up sometime. Good luck with everything man.

Quick Reply: sorry to say.... (selling 280zx - $500)