300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

Turbonator?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2003, 02:10 AM

Turbonator?

Hmmmmm....I was reading some import mag, and I came across this....

What are your thoughts on this?

http://www.turbonator.com/

I'm always looking for less expensive ways to "fix up" my car...but this seems like a load of crap.
Old 06-05-2003, 06:46 AM

I saw one of those on an infomercial a while back. It doesn't make any sense on how it works. I just wanted to know if anyone has used it.
Old 06-05-2003, 05:50 PM

Well, it is just that. A HUGE LOAD OF ****! The "turbo blower" is a fan off a boat motor. All it does is spin the air, it may add about a tenth of a horse power, the only thing that would be noticed would be the money missing from your wallet. If you want a VERY easy way to fix up your ride with some power, go on Ebay.com, and type in "300zx intake", scroll down a few intill you see somthing like "300zx intake timing sensor", what it is, is a basically an IATC (Intake air timing censor), it tricks your engine into "thinking" that air is constantly coming in. IT SAYS, it adds 20+ hp, but in all actuallity it only adds around 8-9 hp, but it is still VERY noticable. It will put you even further back into your seat. peace
Old 06-05-2003, 10:05 PM

yea, but arent those just 0.25 resistors I can get from any electronic store?
Old 06-05-2003, 11:03 PM

Sometimes easier isnt better.

NO, I wouldnt recommend it. If the conduit is placed in backwards, timing is thrown off from the ignition coil to the actual combustion. I would recommend that you just do it the easy way and buy it off Ebay. Hope that helps, peace
Old 06-25-2003, 07:48 AM
The Evil Twin

That item is not the high powered fan that blows air in, it is just some fins that cause the air to swirl as it gets sucked in by the engine. That company just copied the Tornado brand that usually has the TV comercials.
The theory is correct though. If your intake runners are too smooth (after porting and polishing) then the air doesn't mix in well with the fuel, even in a fuel injected car. You get a better combusion with a little intake turbulance. This swirling air, if it keep swirling after it passes by the throttle plate, may help the mixture a bit.