300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

no. 1 and 6 cylinders not firing?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2012, 08:11 PM

HA HA HA im glad im a good problem solver i found the issue. !!!!!!!!!
Old 07-14-2012, 05:02 PM

i'm having similar problems since my swap. what was it?
Old 08-30-2012, 08:24 PM

hey maing ***** all the b ** ppl talk

Originally Posted by devildogzx7r
ok so for those of you who still wanna help me and not fight with bartz32. i just went and checked all my injectors. and they all have 11.9 ohms. what kind of aerosol spray can i buy to clean connectors with. i looked at walmart and they didnt have ****. so im gonna try autozone tommorow. but right now i still have the problem narrowed down to either the ptu or engine harness.
So i was searching for some help due to the same issue i have with z and came across your tread.ok i just did a swap due to a blown motor and hear is what i have found out so far first i had no spark at all in all cylinders after i was done my swap i tried starting it and it crank but no start.well w t hell so i figured i change all my coil packs from my old motor cause i knew they were good.nothing happened so i went n got the ptu and cas from my old engine and put them on, guess what it fired and died.so i decided to look in to the connectors for the ptu they were bad so i went and bought electrical connection cleaner from radio shack cleaned them but didn't brush anything i just let the fluid sit for 10 min and air blow it.guess what it started after except i had no 5 and 4 not getting spark the car runs like a bag of s.... it shakes a lot and even sometimes die.so now i'm guessing the only thing is there has to be either 2 or more connectors that i haven't cleaned proper beside that she good well except some vacuum line i need to figure out.and for all the ppl saying oo it's your injector injector oo.forget that get a spark goin in that cylinder and go from there.beside if u have fuel groin the and injectors working but no spark i'm sure if you pull the spark plug out after ruining the car for 2 min you will see your spark plug wet.there i'm a 3rd year tec don't know a lot but i know enough. i will keep u posted what will happen after cleaning all that corrosion from the ptu connectors.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:40 AM

maybe sounds a little crazy but bought a 300zx running on 3 cyl and got it to run on 5 cyl just by resetting the ecu. the last one had a broken injector. hope it helps you, i have no idea why it worked, but it worked for me.

good luck