300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

New owner, 92 Twin Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 01:32 PM

New owner, 92 Twin Turbo

Just picked this car up and have a couple questions:

I checked the ecu and it has a sticker from Jim Wolf Technologies, I'm guessing that's an upgraded ecu? If so, how do I find info on it? It has a number but it doesn't come up anywhere.

Also trying to get dome and map lights to work. I can't seem to find the fuse for it. I'm guessing it should be a driver's kickpanel, but they all look good. Anyone know where it is and how it's labeled?

I've checked power with my meter and it's not getting power, cigarette lighter is getting power, the radio doesn't work, several little things to fix on it so far.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:43 PM
Pr0n Addict

contact JWT. i'm sure he'll let you know what's in your box.

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/contact.asp

the fuse for the overhead lights isn't labeled clearly as "overhead lights". it's labeled as something else and i don't remember, but just be open to that when you look at the diagram. just because a fuse looks good doesn't mean it's good. i'd find the fuse and replace it. make sure the slots that it fits into are clean as well. check power to the fuse. a search here and on another forum or two should point you to exactly which fuse is for the lights.
Old 02-23-2010, 01:44 PM
Pr0n Addict

https://www.zdriver.com/forums/showt...or+lights+fuse

a gift. that thread should help you out a bit.
Old 02-23-2010, 03:47 PM

Ok, got them working. Checked all the fuses with a tester, they were good. Ended up being the theft fuse under the hood because it was missing. Put a 7.5 amp in don't have a 10 amp, I'll get one here soon for it.

I knew it had to be a fuse somewhere, just didn't know where. The door chime wasn't coming on either or the headlight warning now they work. The alarm light is flashing which I believe is because the hood doesn't shut properly. I need to get it adjusted. If I push on it it will go off, then I can arm it and the light is solid.

Nice to have those lights going.

Got a few other items to get worked out still.

Last edited by tomtastic; 02-23-2010 at 03:58 PM.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:39 PM
Pr0n Addict

that's interesting. my door chime doesn't work either, nor do my overheads. but my headlight warning does work. maybe i need to replace that fuse too. i doubt it will work though. thanks for posting back.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:18 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

Originally Posted by tomtastic
Just picked this car up and have a couple questions:

I checked the ecu and it has a sticker from Jim Wolf Technologies, I'm guessing that's an upgraded ecu? If so, how do I find info on it? It has a number but it doesn't come up anywhere.
What kind of intake and what kind of injectors does the car have? If you have stock injectors and single POP charger (the most common), you have the 370/SP/Fed program. If the car was originally sold in Cali, it'll have 370/SP/Cali program.

Injector options for a TT: 370/555/740
Intake options: Single Pop/Dual Pop
Emissions options: Federal/California

You can tell by the equipment the car has which tune it will have. A 555 program won't work on a car with 370 or 740 injectors (and vice-versa), a dual pop program won't work on a single pop car (and vice-versa), etc.
Old 02-23-2010, 07:46 PM

not sure on the injectors but I know from carfax it came from Texas. The POP charger, is that the one under the nose? If so it's single.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:34 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

If you're single pop and the seller didn't specify that the injectors were upgraded, I'd bet you still have stock injectors. In which case, you most likely have the 370/SP/Fed program.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:39 PM

yeah, that's my feeling too. Injectors are probably stock, I think it's a single intake but I did't get a good look at it. hard to see. I'll probably take it off this weekend and clean it. Lot's of leaves and junk under the front end. I sent JWT an email so maybe the can confirm it.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:01 AM
Pr0n Addict

you probably understand this, but dual and single pop revers to the quantity of conical air filters. if you can see one big conical air filter: single pop. two: dual pop. two flat filters inside a box is stock. i'm sure you know but you sound vaguely confused on the matter.

can you not tell injectors by color? are 555s the same color as stocks?
Old 02-24-2010, 10:34 AM

Can't tell by color, they're so old and faded but by that I'm guessing they're the original injectors. Maybe brown or grey. Checked on the intake again and it's just a single. There's a plastic shroud in front of it so it's hard to get view of it.

So if I wanted to switch to bigger injectors and a dual intake I'd have to change out my ecu?