300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

New owner of 91 Twin turbo! Want to spend money!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 06:30 PM

New owner of 91 Twin turbo! Want to spend money!

Hello all! I just bought my little brothers 300zx twin turbo with a blown motor :/ He has a 350 so this car was going to sit. I put the car on my rack and drained the oil to find a hole in the top of oil pan and antifreeze mixed with the oil so I want to just buy a motor for it... My budget is around 8k. I am wanting to get as close to 500whp as possible for that price. Could someone give me a idea of which turbos would be best for something like that please... I've searched and searched and now i'm ready to order but just need a little guidance as to what the main parts list would be...Thank you in advance!!!
Old 05-08-2014, 07:52 PM

Megasquirt

For starters junking the stock ECU and going with something like the MS3 will give you the basic foundation to take advantage of any modifications you make to the engine.

MegaSquirt III Kits and Assembled ECUs Megasquirt Kits / Assembled Engine Management Systems, Wideband o2 Sensor Systems and tuning products - DIYAutoTune.com

Are you going to do the work yourself ? Were you thinking of buying a VG30DETT JDM engine ? That might be the easiest way to get back on the road.
Is there anything from the stock setup you will be reusing ?
Old 05-08-2014, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by PredatorZ
For starters junking the stock ECU and going with something like the MS3 will give you the basic foundation to take advantage of any modifications you make to the engine.

MegaSquirt III Kits and Assembled ECUs Megasquirt Kits / Assembled Engine Management Systems, Wideband o2 Sensor Systems and tuning products - DIYAutoTune.com

Are you going to do the work yourself ? Were you thinking of buying a VG30DETT JDM engine ? That might be the easiest way to get back on the road.
Is there anything from the stock setup you will be reusing ?
Thank you for the reply! I've looked at JDM motors and felt that might be my best bet and just replacing most everything on it i.e. internals, timing belt and so on...
I will use everything from the motor I have that isn't included in the JDM motor.