300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

Finally got some work done...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 05:08 PM

Finally got some work done...

Well, finally got around to doing some of the things on my huge list of stuff to do on my car...

First pic is me bypassing the detonation sensor to see if it indeed was bad before spending the 140$ on a new one...
Turns out I still get code 34 which means its the wire between there and the ECU (YAY! ) ... yes I know its an ugly solder... iron was still barely warm...

2nd Pic is of PTU Harness I finally got around to repairing with more then just electrical tape... also the new upper radiator hose I just installed
(Was sittin in drive through when it started a 6" geyser of coolant the other day )

Next is a fairly useless pic... its of the little screw I finally got around to adjusting so my throttle opens all the way now...

And here are 2 pics of my battery... I replaced the tray, and put in brackets to keep it from movin around...
Then I put in gold connectors all around and replaced the main ground strap and alternator wire with 4awg multistrand twisted copper...

I also installed a fire extinguisher, relocated my alarm siren, and installed a 2nd siren.. but no pics of those

Last edited by Aphrodite; 02-05-2006 at 05:35 PM.
Old 02-05-2006, 05:47 PM

wow looks like your doing a great job there your kinda making me jelious i need to post pictures of my 2+2 ASAP now... i got me a real good digital camera now yaaa !!! hehehe pictures will be posting tomorow
Old 02-05-2006, 07:26 PM

yeah my list of current projects is still long though... front and rear strut tower bars(been sittin in the trunk of my car for a few weeks now ), new front windshield washer motor, fix steering column, new front rotors, new pads (have both.. just havnt got around to installing yet), cutout for fuel pump (im currently building a keypad circuit, so you have to key in a code for the fuel pump to turn on when you turn the key to on), redo the hatch area (gonna build it from scratch... the stock boards I got just wont cut it), reupholster my seats, rewrap steeringwheel (although i've been considering going to a non stock steeringwheel and relocating my cruise conrol buttons), in-car nav/monitoring (already have the hardware/software, but lacking the computer as one of mine was stolen ), custom sub boxes (gonna put the subs in the corners so I have more room in the back), and of course there always my 1 long project of slowly replacing all my harnesses... takes forever to plan, and build 300 connectors worth of harnesses lol...
Old 02-05-2006, 08:43 PM

Holy smokes !!!! a key card for your fuel pump !!! in no time u will be driving ( KNIGHT RYDER ) the car of the future when your car starts fighting crime lol and starts up on it own :-P i know its ment to be funny thou ok , p.s. sounds like u got your stuff togethor... i want to see pictures when u get done ...
p.s. i will be posting my pictures of my car tomorow p.s. the front sway bar is EAZY !!! all u need is a pretty big hammer and a chizzel to chizzel out the right passenger side ( L BRAKET ) just move it aside and all u have to do is reroute the fuel lines on the drivers side i routed mine straight throught he openings on the strut bar ... but the rear strut bar is a pain in the butt for me maybe it goes better for u .. talk to u later
Old 02-05-2006, 09:01 PM

Originally Posted by nismo619
Holy smokes !!!! a key card for your fuel pump !!! in no time u will be driving ( KNIGHT RYDER ) the car of the future when your car starts fighting crime lol and starts up on it own :-P i know its ment to be funny thou ok , p.s. sounds like u got your stuff togethor... i want to see pictures when u get done ...
p.s. i will be posting my pictures of my car tomorow p.s. the front sway bar is EAZY !!! all u need is a pretty big hammer and a chizzel to chizzel out the right passenger side ( L BRAKET ) just move it aside and all u have to do is reroute the fuel lines on the drivers side i routed mine straight throught he openings on the strut bar ... but the rear strut bar is a pain in the butt for me maybe it goes better for u .. talk to u later
lmao... its funny you say that, because I was doing all this work today at the auto hobby shop on base here... and one of the other cars there was a knight rider lookalike... complete with the blacked out rear end and the red lights in the front
Old 02-05-2006, 09:08 PM

Btw... in case anyone is wondering...

This is the schematic of the circuitboard... all you have to do is wire up which keys of the keypad you want for the code to A B C D E, in the right order, and the rest of the keys to pin F, that way if it is entered in the wrong sequence or if one of the ones connected to F is pressed Q4 takes pin 1 low. This discharges C1 - and the code entry process fails

all this is is your basic toggle switch turned into a 5 digit pin #'d keypad... it would work with virtually anything you connect the relay to
Old 02-05-2006, 11:05 PM
F5 Hero

Originally Posted by Aphrodite
Next is a fairly useless pic... its of the little screw I finally got around to adjusting so my throttle opens all the way now...

Free mods are the best, best pic / work done so far. . Mine didn't have a screw to adjust, just a tab I had to fold back.