300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

Eibach Springs and KYB AGX

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 09:43 AM

Eibach Springs and KYB AGX

Just finished installing the Eibach Pro-Kit and KYB AGX on my N/A Z32. Got the 001 up front and seated properly in the struts but for some reason the car is slanted towards the driver side?? The only thing I could come up with was to swap the springs from driver to passenger side. After doing this still have the same slanted stance. What could be causing this? Any suggestions, questions, ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Old 04-30-2011, 09:58 AM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

How slanted?

Do you have some ridiculous sub box on the driver's side of the hatch? Unbalanced weight can cause that...
Old 04-30-2011, 10:02 AM

No not a thing in the car

I can see the top 5 springs compressed on the driver side but on the passenger side only the top 4 are compressed...maybe 1/4 inch from fully compressing with the 5th. Could this have anything to do with load on the sway bar? If so how would i correct that?
Old 04-30-2011, 10:18 AM

Standing and bouncing on the fender doesn't seem to make any difference either!! I'm getting desperate here...has nobody else had this happen before?
Old 04-30-2011, 10:47 AM
Intrawebz Wizard

Make sure their fully seated on both sides front and rear and that everything is tightened up properly then just go for a drive and see if you can get it to settle in
Old 04-30-2011, 10:54 AM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

It's not caused by your sway bar.

I agree with BlueKitsune - perhaps they're not settled in their perch, or maybe they just need to be used a bit to even out.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:06 AM

Made sure everything was tightened properly and went for a drive round the block before making my mind up to do the spring swap from left to right. So you guys think going for a longer ride will correct this? Just doesn't seem right that one outta the four would do this...seems if one would do this they all would?? I understand that since the car has been jacked up it won't settle immediately but it's consistently the front driver side. Going out on a limb here...could an alignment correct it? I plan on getting a four wheel alignment next week and I stated earlier when i went for a spin round the block it naturally pulled to the right (since that side currently sits lower)
Old 04-30-2011, 12:44 PM
Intrawebz Wizard

Hmm you said you changed the shocks too. Are both the front ones the same length?

Also might want to make sure the hats aren't torn or that something is stuck between the body of the Z and the shock itself. Same thing for the spring side.

When you drove did you do any hard stops and starts and lots of turns maybe even a bumpy road?
Old 04-30-2011, 01:21 PM

While i was taking the wheel off and and doing the struts and springs i also did a drilled and slotted rotor swap with ss brake lines. Also ordered the full kit for the strut assembly (new everything rubber, gaskets, boots, etc.) And yes both struts are the same length...funny you ask cause that's one thing i checked when swapping the left and right. Also, checked to make sure there wasn't anything between the mounting plate and upper mounting holes. The only thing i re-used for the strut assembly install was the metal washer (front only the rear is all brand new) Just got back from an extended "spin around the block" and yes did some left and right turns, some hard stops, some hard starts, but no didn't do any bumby roads. The front driver side seems to have settled down a bit, measured from ground to top of wheel well before and after and it's dropped down a 1/4"!! Maybe for some reason this is what it needs...could be a sign, it might be telling me to get it outta the garage and DRIVE ME!!!!
Old 04-30-2011, 03:49 PM
Intrawebz Wizard

lol If its all new then yes you need to go drive around quite a bit more get everything settled into place with the weight of the Z on them now