300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

Blazt help needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 09:55 PM

Blazt help needed

Well I got blazt in the mail today and I installed everything according to the install instructions on the web site even used the updated drivers from the web site and I go to connect and nothing happens it wont read my ECU part number. In Ztalk it says my ECU is talking but my hardware is messed up or ztalk is realy confused. WTF?!?! Im on my last nerve with this its seems like it would be simple so why wont it work??? I'm thinking maybe the consult connector isn't getting enough power? Im going to check it tomarrow and if its not how do I get more power to it?
Old 08-08-2006, 10:14 PM
Über User

doesnt blazt have its own online forum? like through yahoo or some crap...i think it does try to look there for answers....i might be thinkin of a differnet program though so someone correct me if im wrong.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:23 AM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

what the hell is Blazt and why do you have it installed on your 300ZX?
Old 08-09-2006, 12:55 AM

www.blazt.biz
Its a diagnostics program like conZult, you install it on your laptop. And snwbrderphat your probely thinking of zcontrol.net because i searched long and hard for a blazt forum.

Last edited by nka04a; 08-09-2006 at 01:05 AM.
Old 08-09-2006, 12:59 AM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

interesting... I may have to look into that. It's cheaper than nProbe and seems to do the same stuff...
Old 08-09-2006, 01:09 AM

Originally Posted by ZLover4Life
interesting... I may have to look into that. It's cheaper than nProbe and seems to do the same stuff...
Yeah if you go over to zcontrol.net they have a ton of homebrew software that seems to do the same stuff also. I would know if I could get the thing working right. If I recall the nissan dealer couldn't get consult to read the ECU when I took it in for the 120K service. (before I knew anything about these cars)
Old 08-09-2006, 04:42 AM
Jack Of All Trades

I didn't have any problems with mine once I got thru the registration process. Are you plugging in the cable before starting the software running?

Did you get the usb cable, or the 9-pin cable? I got the 9-pin cable and then had to configure the computer for a usb adapter that I had. I dunno if that makes a diff on your computer.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by nka04a
www.blazt.biz
Its a diagnostics program like conZult, you install it on your laptop. And snwbrderphat your probely thinking of zcontrol.net because i searched long and hard for a blazt forum.
Question on blazt: Why would you pay $130 for the USB cable, datascan & data logger when you can pay $88 for the USB cable only and [it looks as though you can] download the other two for free? Or do you need a key to use the software or something?
Old 08-09-2006, 05:41 AM
Jack Of All Trades

Originally Posted by Nismortare
......... Or do you need a key to use the software or something?
Yup............ magic key is required.
Old 08-10-2006, 12:51 AM

Originally Posted by CanyonCarver
I didn't have any problems with mine once I got thru the registration process. Are you plugging in the cable before starting the software running?

Did you get the usb cable, or the 9-pin cable? I got the 9-pin cable and then had to configure the computer for a usb adapter that I had. I dunno if that makes a diff on your computer.
I have the USB cable and im pluging it into the consult port then computer, turn the ignition on (without starting the car),open the program, hit connect and nothing. Im thinking that the previous owner might have put an upgraded ECU if that has anything to do with it. I shot Blazt an email and they say if it doesn't work they will give me a RS232 cable (9 pin) with a USB converter. From what I read at 300zxclub was that hardly anyone has got the USB to work and the RS232 cable has no problems.

Anyone live around the Waco Texas area where I can cheak and see if it will work on their car?

Last edited by nka04a; 08-10-2006 at 12:55 AM.
Old 01-23-2007, 05:45 PM

Hi there,

My name is Jason and I am the manager of blaZt.

every so often I browse forums to see what customers are after and I stumbled across this. Maybe I can answer a few of your questions. I hope everything is working well for you now nka04a. If not send us an email and I will do my best to get it going for you.

Last year there was a batch of USB cables made that wouldnt work on about 1-2% of vehicles. The vehicles were mostly Left hand drive 300ZXs made for the US market. And even then the cable would work on some and not others. I finally found someone local here with the same problem and did some diagnosis. So a couple of months ago I found the problem, did some modifcations, and now all USB cables sent out are error free. I hope this hasnt caused anyone any inconvenience. If anyone has experienced this problem and hasnt had it rectified yet please let me know.

There is now a blaZt forum. So any curly questions can be asked there, I check it every day and try to give fast responses.

Regards from New Zealand,
Jason