300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

600 whp

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006, 05:46 PM

600 whp

Looking for some info on how to achive a 600-650 whp like jsut recommand parts or a good route to go at like, with out havein to go to the bottom end, if that isnt possible just let me know sum info thanks guys
Old 04-11-2006, 05:54 PM
The Good Twin

How much money do you have?
Old 04-11-2006, 06:09 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

... because this hasn't been asked thousands of times already... search. (here, TwinTurbo.net, and 300ZXClub.com)

The stock internals have been proven for over 700rwhp, so just start reading about which turbos will achieve your goal and figure out what supporting mods you need... a stage chart will help.
Old 04-11-2006, 06:54 PM
Jack Of All Trades

The SGP STAGE CHART should be a pretty good guide to get you there.
Old 04-11-2006, 08:33 PM

these are a few mods that im thinkin of doing as of these yr, of course im a average joe who works for a living and all. Anyways, im thinking of

Down pipes
Test pipes
Cat back
Flywheel
clutch
ECU upgrade
pop chargers
SAFC-II
boost Controller
Port and Polish Head

on these mods where would you guys say i would be with a tune and with out a tune
Old 04-11-2006, 09:02 PM

I'm not all that familiar with Z32 bolt ons but that wont be enough to push 600HP. First of all the turbo's will need to be upgraded. Second is that the stock MAS's wont read enough air to produce 600HP. And third, the stock fuel system is not up to the task of any where near 600HP. And finally, the stock intercoolers are most likely not efficient enough to tame those power levels. But with the mods you mentioned, basically your only limitations are going to be those things. Add those to your list and you've got the potential to push that much HP. But whether or not your engine is sound enough to handle it is another question
Old 04-11-2006, 10:14 PM

Click to enlarge
Z1 has everything else you need to install and performance upgrades to compliment your new motor.

Click to enlarge
Installation available at Z1 motorsports.
We know our engines best. Specialized procedures regarding installation and break-in are followed to make sure you are ready for the long drive home

Click to enlarge
Reliabilty options

$375: New Nissan EFI wiring harness
$750: All engine parts cryogenically treated
Z1 Z32 TT Longblock (Stage 4)
Not recommended for daily driven applications. This motor gives you the ability to achieve a very high RPM redline in order to keep tose huge turbos in the boost for longer.

A VG30DE and (TT) requires stringent build practices in order to ensure the engine will last and perform 100% in all situations. Bearing tolerances, piston-bore clearances, journal finishes, balancing, head/portwork are all critical areas that demand the utmost in perfection - our experience enables us to produce the best of the best in engine builds ranging from the stock replacement engine all the way up to 1KHP levels. We strive to be the best and the resources, energy, and attention to detail put into a single engine build surpasses any other.

Featuring:

Oversize Wiseco forged pistons with new rings
New Nissan rod and main bearings
New Nissan oil pump
Rotating assembly balanced
Block decked
Coolant galley casting flash removed and block is deburred
All new freeze plugs
All tolerances set to recommended specifications
New valve-stem seals, springs set, stem height checked
Heads surfaced, pressure tested

Stage 4 performance package also includes

Carillo Connecting Rods
Lightened / polished Crankshaft
Stage 4 Portwork (the most extreme available including combustion chamber work)
14-angle radius cut valve job
Ferrea 1mm oversize valves
Performance single coil valve springs
Tomei Lightweight solid lifters
Tomei Adjustable Intake and Exhaust cam gears
De-shrouding of intake and exhaust valves
24 new Bronze Valve guides
Z1 High Lift Solid Lifter profile performance camshafts

Stage 4 Performance rebuild $10250
w/exchange of a rebuildable core
($1000 core charge)
Please allow 4-6 weeks
Stage 4 engines are built on a per order basis
$10,250.00

To sisqo if u have 10,250 dollars i would tell u to have z1 motor sports do it as for me i will have my 300zx 2+2 to stage 4 twin turbo some time this year as i am getting a settlement...
Old 04-12-2006, 05:04 PM

damn man thats tight that ya getting up very soon. WEll my question to the mods that i listed is where would the power ban be with those and i already have upgraded intercooler, FMIC, other stuff and ya i know wat ya sayin bout fuel and turbos, thats a must to get there i understand that i just wanted maybe a suggested route to go about it. I have a good idea just wanted to hear from you guys. Thanks and na these project is not gonna be like a couple of months its like two yrs or maybe 2.5 years thats when im tryin to get to in that time.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by SysqoeZ32
these are a few mods that im thinkin of doing as of these yr, of course im a average joe who works for a living and all. Anyways, im thinking of

Down pipes
Test pipes
Cat back
Flywheel
clutch
ECU upgrade
pop chargers
SAFC-II
boost Controller
Port and Polish Head

on these mods where would you guys say i would be with a tune and with out a tune
Depending on how much boost you're going to run, I would say 325 minimum to 375 maximum at the wheels. A dual-POP charger is useless at these HP levels. You only need to upgrade this when you're exceeding 400 at the wheels. If you're porting and pollishing the head, then you should look to upgrade the injectors at that time as well.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:28 PM

like do you think it will make a whole lot of difference if i dont, just cuz im gonna be getting back into the internals when i do the cams later so right now im just porting the heads just to see if it will make a whole lot of difference, becuase my brother got it done and it pulls on his Celica GT-S,
Old 04-18-2006, 08:10 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

Originally Posted by SysqoeZ32
... right now im just porting the heads just to see if it will make a whole lot of difference, becuase my brother got it done and it pulls on his Celica GT-S,

There is very little room for improvement with the stock TT heads... not many people bother with doing it. I'm not saying there won't be gains (with increased airflow, there are always gains), I'm just saying that the gains are minimal and won't be very noticable. So don't be surprised when you do it and don't notice a difference.
Old 04-18-2006, 09:30 PM

oo ight then, i feel ya on that. Well say when i get a tune done after i get enough parts where a tune is needed do you think it will show then
Old 04-24-2006, 08:54 PM

Not unless you have some kind of benchmark to compare it to.

Seriously though....if you get up to 600whp, then I've heard that porting the heads may give you up to 20HP, and I think that's a stretch. Not much bang for your buck.