300ZX (Z32) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

300zx na oil all gone!!!:/

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2013, 02:03 PM

300zx na oil all gone!!!:/

Ok so this has happens twice so far in the past year, my Z will start ticking "lifters" and ill take it to the shop and there will be little to no oil on the dip stick! First off I change my oil about every 2,500 miles to be safe and since I'm in hot hot Florida. When I first got the car I had the old injectors replaced, timing belt, alternator, water pump"2 times" knock sensor motor pulled and re sealed and just got two vtc cam sprockets along with a 5spd. It leaks no oil at all and no smoke out the back. I know it's commen "in old motors" to top oil levels off between changes but how can I burn 4qt in less then 3k miles? Oh and once you put in the oil the tapping is pretty much all the way gone other then normal engine idel noises. I'm worried something will be go wrong soon. Any help?/advice/oil weight? I always keep the same weight being FL is always hot really. Would a aftermarket oil cooler help this? Or aluminum radiator? I know it sounds stupid but my thoughts if I can lower engin temp maybe it will help? Oh and yes I know....it's time for the swap

Thanks for the help! Z love!