300ZX (Z32) Forums Dedicated to 90-96 ZCars otherwize known as the Z32's

Thinking about another Z

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 12:27 AM

Thinking about another Z

well..... as some of you may know, i used to have a 91 zxTT that i ended up flipping .... i ended up with an S4, which i love, but im sick of car payments, and im also sick of not having a Z. So i think im going to sell my S4, and get another Z.... im probably going to go with a non turbo this time, to keep costs down. I plan on moving out next year, and moving to florida, so i figured, why not sell the S, buy a Z, make is even sexier than it is already(i plan on doing jdm front bumper/tails, lowering, and some nice wheels) and do a sick system, since thats what i do, haha, and then have a nice little car to drive around in, and no car payments..... tell me what you guys think, and if you know anybody selling a 5speed NA Z ..... thanks alot guy, wish me luck

-Dan
Old 01-21-2007, 09:51 AM
caught the z fever

get an n/a and an A4. that would be my ideal situation, except with a TT and and an A4(probably 2.8 to keep maintenance down).

how much can you get out of the S4
Old 01-21-2007, 09:58 AM
confuzed member

I'm with you on this. I've really been thinking about getting a nice NA Z to replace the TT and either sell or trade the TT. The payments suck. It basically makes it so I don't have any money for maintenance...much less mods. Takes a lot of the fun out of owning a TT.
Old 01-21-2007, 10:26 AM

i was thinking about doing the Z and A4 thing, but im more focused on getting out of debt now, haha..... the maintnance cost me virtually noting becides parts b/c i do all the work myself, but i had 6 months of payments ripped off, so now i pay 800/month car payment, plus 350 insurance, plus i have another loan i pay 200 a month for..... id rather buy a Z in cash, and pay 300 a month for the other loan and the insurance..... i can make the Z look sexy as hell, and have a nice car to ride around in and go on dates in, it will be cheaper on gas(i put 93 octane in my S4, and it cost $40 to fill every 2 days b/c i do alot of driving) and i will have a car i love, and that way i can save up some $$$ and move to florida or cali next year like ive been planning on doing..... ill also have alot more freedom w/ going out and doing more things i wanna do, i basically wont be working for my car.... ive been doing that for 2 years now, and its starting to get pretty shitty, haha....

i should be able to get about 16k for my S.... they are depreciating in value, which kinda sucks, but its cool, it happens w/ everything.... that way ill be able to pay off my loan, and have about 2k to put towards a Z.... if i throw a couple paychecks towards a new Z, ill be able to spend around 4k on a car.... i dont mind if it has higher miles, as long as its a Z32, haha.... im in love
Old 01-21-2007, 10:46 AM
caught the z fever

im also in that situation. every now and then, i wish i wouldnt have traded my cherry n/a for that TT. i had a lot planned for it right before it left me, and i wouldnt have been put into a situation where it had to be sold.
now i am willing to take an n/a just so i can have a z(and a manual) again. but the rents probably still wont go for it
Old 01-21-2007, 10:53 AM
Über User

damn rents... ithink its a pretty good plan dan... just find a nice CLEAN one....
Old 01-21-2007, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
damn rents... ithink its a pretty good plan dan... just find a nice CLEAN one....

haha.... i made the mistake of buying a Z last time that needed some work, i think im def gonna look for a clean one this time.... im not worried about mods at all.... if i could find a stock that is clean and runs well, im gonna be all over it.... i want to do simple stuff, like the JDM tails, the JDM front, and maybe a 96 tt wing, i just sold the one i had like 3 months ago, go figure, haha... i didnt plan on selling my S4, i love the car, but i miss having money to play with, and i want to be able to save up to move.... if you guys come across any decent Z's in the 3-4k range, please let me know about them... it would be greatly appreciated haha.... for now, i need to fix the abs mod on my S4, and fix an axle boot before i put it up for sale, i just want it in tip top shape for when i let her go ill keep you guys updated, and i cant wait to join the Z family again, i miss being a part of you guys, haha
Old 01-21-2007, 11:12 AM
Über User

meh.. the s4 is a nice and powerful car... but to me... its just so damn plain looking. but you like the 96Tt wing? r you serious? haha it looks like a ski as someone on here once pointed out... and i soon found my self agreeing.
Old 01-21-2007, 03:01 PM
F5 Hero

I know someone with a red 93 NA 5 spd thats in mint condition, not sure on miles. E-mail for details.
Old 01-21-2007, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by napoleonzheking
I know someone with a red 93 NA 5 spd thats in mint condition, not sure on miles. E-mail for details.
message sent
Old 01-21-2007, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
meh.. the s4 is a nice and powerful car... but to me... its just so damn plain looking. but you like the 96Tt wing? r you serious? haha it looks like a ski as someone on here once pointed out... and i soon found my self agreeing.
i kinda like how plain and unassuming it is.... i love the looks on peoples faces when you rip away.... i was racing a trans am.... the guy pulls up next to me, revs his motor, so i reved back.... his girlfriend started to wave goodbye, so i floored it, and started to wave goodbye to her, i probably pulled 3 or 4 cars on him.... needless to say, they had no idea what was coming to them.... anyway, gotta run and finish that clutch.... peace out cubscouts
Old 01-21-2007, 05:48 PM
caught the z fever

Originally Posted by tt dan
i kinda like how plain and unassuming it is.... i love the looks on peoples faces when you rip away.... i was racing a trans am.... the guy pulls up next to me, revs his motor, so i reved back.... his girlfriend started to wave goodbye, so i floored it, and started to wave goodbye to her, i probably pulled 3 or 4 cars on him.... needless to say, they had no idea what was coming to them....
exactly why I want an A4 or S4. lotsa luxury, and lotsa power
Old 01-22-2007, 09:54 PM

im getting so anxious.... i have so many plans for the new Z..... i dont think im gonna go w/ the 96 turbo wing, the more and more i look at it, the less i like it.... imgonna have to find something new, haha....

did you get my pm napoleonzheking?

alright guys, i have work soon, ill ttyl