300ZX (Z32) Forums Dedicated to 90-96 ZCars otherwize known as the Z32's

Ricers bash 300zx N/A (long)

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 11:49 AM

Ricers bash 300zx N/A (long)

As an ex N/A owner, I have to write about this.. While at a local Z meet with some really nice N/A owners we were trolled by a few "Honda" guys. Or as I like to call them... Ricers... Anyway, they were looking at the cars and one of the new Z owners has a really clean 94 300zx NA slick top.
And when I say clean, I mean.. Clean.

So after a while one of the Honda guy offers up a race...
Of course... And no one in the Z pack is taking him up on the offer because most of us are responsible on the streets and could care less about racing a Honda.. Lol. But it got to me that he was picking on the guy with the N/A....
Saying that it was "not a real Z" and that only TT's were fairladys and lol z32's.. Me nor the other guys could bear to hear the stupidity any longer and finally said something...

I politely stepped in and told the Honda owner that he should research the Z car before he talked about something he knew nothing about. Then me an another guy asked him about his car, and what HE had done... This was hilarious... I also explained to him that yes, the NA IS a fairlady, and yes it is a z32... He didn't argue much as I'm sure he could tell I was more factual and aggressive in my argument than he..

Me and 2 other guys went to inspect his 1997 Honda civic... This guy was rice. Not only did he not know anything about his car, he also insulted our intelligence by claiming he was running 32lbs of boost on a factory engine with 180k miles... It looked to me like someone had thrown this car together.. It was a sorry excuse for a car. The turbo was an eBay special.. And someone invested heavily in krylon paint (ya know, to add the appearance of performance parts to factory parts) but really I didn't know what to say..

The stickers I assume added 5+ hp. Which means the car had roughly 500+hp. The Walmart sub woofer that must have weighed a ton added another 40hp. And not to meantion the advance auto parts steering wheel.
Also the pillar mount gauge pod. This is a must for any real "racer" followed by the all to common Boing 747 wing.. And the classy eBay tail lights and tow hooks.

I stood in amazement as this guy talked to us. Literally almost downing our cars. As if, to say.. "My civic is a supercar, you should envy me"
Now... Lol I'm confused.. Should I sell my z32 TT and buy one of these civics? Because by the time he was done talking I thought his civic would beat a jet. Hahaha. I just don't understand it guys... Why?! Why would you do things like that? As a car guy, I respect other car guys. I even respect the tunning aspect of the civics (when done correctly) but why bash another car? Especially when you have a riced out pos...

Now I have a friend that does in fact have a heavily modded acura integra real type r. Beautiful car, tastefully modded and it really does run. He doesn't boast about his car, he's very modest with it and doesn't race it.
These guys I can get along with. I hate to write a long post about this, but I just have to know how many of you guys have ran into these types of people? And how did you handle the situation? Maybe someone should have taken his offer to race (in a safe environment..track) and took his lunch money but really... Is it even worth it... Anyways, love to hear some stories from you guys on the subject.
Old 08-24-2013, 12:58 PM
The Good Twin

2 fast 3 furious y0!

Just like the internet, car meets usually have drama.

Attached Thumbnails Ricers bash 300zx N/A (long)-ricermeme.jpg  
Old 08-24-2013, 01:45 PM
Political n00b crusher

Your last paragraph says it all: people with nice cars don't need to talk crap and brag about their cars. The only people who do this are insecure ricers who know their cars are pieces of crap. Its called jealousy.

I try to avoid ricers and other assorted stupid people altogether if I can.
Old 09-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Z Extreme Guy

when i hade my z 31 with the 383 convertion i got crap like that all the time. i simply just say im game to run. lets just do it for fun no cash. they would always say some excuse like i need to go get fule and never come back.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:10 PM

Should have asked him how many pittbull puppies he traded for that Honda.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:31 PM

Ricers !

Originally Posted by Yardjass
Should have asked him how many pittbull puppies he traded for that Honda.
Here in California the cops have special nites when they raid the honda ricers for under hood inspection and 10 out of 10 hondas are impounded for illegal non smog legal parts etc. Personally i don't race hondas, i race against V8's in my 1975 modified L2.8 S30 heavy suspension work etc. They do have an aragont look in their eyes when they are about to start their car and rev-up. Cheers !
Old 09-11-2013, 01:49 PM

LOL! Here in Virginia, any exhaust louder than stock is technically illegal. That being said, the cops usually only target ricers that drive tasteless cars with huge fart cans (i.e. old civics, neons, cobalts, and other FWD econobox trash). A truck with side pipes rumbles by...nothing. Then a mustang with a straight exhaust...nothing. I was driving on the DC beltway in the middle of the night last weekend and I saw some noodle-armed tool wearing a beanie, pulled over in a flat black EG hatch. Definitely had a laugh at his expense and assumed he did something to deserve it.
Old 09-15-2013, 10:15 AM

It's a fence situation, sometimes it is really fun to not race them because you're not letting them get to you. Other times if you have a car with good power or someone with you with good power, then it's fun to run them sometimes. The excuses for the reason of their loss is always funny.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:06 PM

LOL This is funny! I have a honda head friend who only thinks and drives honda civics. I sent him this text the other day: "Yo if u still drivin that lil hondarito, come up to the Lebanon track tonite (it's street-legal only all nite) and show us what she can do on a strip - w no potholes, cops or parked cars.

If you don't show, neva mind. The Briggs & Stratton folks thank all you hondaleros for keepin them in biznis w all those engine replacements. U guys are savin good USA jobs!"