300ZX (Z32) Forums Dedicated to 90-96 ZCars otherwize known as the Z32's

Question about MAF's

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009, 08:42 PM
Registered Drifter

Question about MAF's

I was looking into the cons of BOV's I know what they are on vehicles where they are located after the MAF. I also wanted to do a Dual Pop Charger Intake system but running the idle hose to the recircs seems like a pain plus the dual intake isn't really needed until more power is reached. While reading about the Dual Intake I read some people run Dual MAF's to eliminate the need for the hose.

My thought (I'm sure it's been done) Run Dual MAF's and relocate them close to the throttle bodies (directly before possibly) Atleast after the location of the recirc valves, letting me run BOV's with no issue of running rich!

I imagine Dual MAF's can only be good for my engine and I can't think of why relocating them would be bad, also if I ever have boost creep (i think that's what I heard mentioned) then the relocation of the MAF's would also be beneficial.

Any links to people who have done this or pictures?

Thanks, Tim
Old 02-06-2009, 09:58 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

Relocation after the turbo is a horrible idea. You're trying to blow 135+++ degree air into a sensor that isn't meant to receive extremely hot air.

Please don't try to reinvent the wheel... dual MAF's in the stock location work fine, and blow off valves HARDLY cause a rich condition (nor one that anybody should actually worry about). Also, if you do a dual MAF setup, you'll need a tool like an AFC to splice the signals... and guess what? An AFC would allow you to eliminate the rich condition electronically. Both your concerns = null

Last edited by ZLover4Life; 02-06-2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:32 PM
Registered Drifter

thanks I forgot about using a AFC