300ZX (Z32) Forums Dedicated to 90-96 ZCars otherwize known as the Z32's

PLZ help !

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 01:24 AM
Sam

PLZ help !

Hello there! i am a new z32 owner its a 91 TT.
Excuse me for my poor english... anyways is it normal that i hear a lot of noise when the car is running on a rough road ?? and sometimes when i am drifting or accelerating the RPM goes crazy and the car slows down :S what's the reason behind that?
1 more question, i want to put 2 BOVs in the car .. how to install them? .. should i search for the factory valves in my car and replace them with the BOVs ??? plz help thanks
Old 03-31-2010, 05:24 AM
Pr0n Addict

BOV's go somewhere else. there's a write up on tt.net for installation i believe.

do you really want to spend several hundred $$ on that sound when you shift?

you're going to have to get into more details about your crazy rpm's problem. it sounds like you've either spun out or your clutch is slipping.
Old 03-31-2010, 07:39 AM
Sam

well i guess i have the clutch slipping problem since when i park my car down a hill even when i park on the 1st gear it doesnt stop so i am obliged to use the e-brake.. anyway the crazy rpm doesnt happen alot .. it usually happens when the car isnt yet warm enough... well there's this famous store in Lebanon,my country called spoiler center .. its like the best one in the country.. they have not experience in the car since there's only 8 300zx z32 in the whole country and i am the owner of the best one anyway back to the subject theyve told me that the small BOV is around 60$ and the big one 90$ i think they're kinda unusually cheap. but well im gonna let them install them on my car and if they work i"ll pay :P so im not gona pay "a few hundreds of $$s" as u said..
Old 03-31-2010, 07:47 AM
Sam

btw i know its a stupid question but what is the VDO thats is next to the steering wheel ?
Old 03-31-2010, 07:53 AM
Pr0n Addict

you do know that stock recirculation valves are more than sufficient for proper operation right? BOV's are going to have a negative effect if any.

http://www.300zx.cl/ga2/300zx3/images/console.jpg

considering your interior looks like this and has not been modified... nevermind. you should be able to figure out everything there, and if there's anything else, there's no way anybody can figure out what it is over the internet without you telling us what words are on it.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:03 AM
Sam

well if ur talking about the VDO well it is runder the fuel meter... in this picture it is hidden by the steering wheel... its a stock car so nothing is modified and this VDO is a small green screen written on it VDO and next to it there's the logo of the temp.. well i dont know i was just asking what is it...
According to the BOVs what are the negative effects?? u know i dont care about spending the money it sounds so cool but i dont want to damage anything and create problems... please can u tell me what are the negative effects .. and if they are severe?? and do they have negative effects on other cars aswell or only the 300zx ?? subaru STI for example...plz explain.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:30 AM
Pr0n Addict

if there's an illuminated green screen under the fuel gauge, it's not stock. i don't know of any model z32 ever coming with an illuminated green screen there.

there is much speculation that BOV's on the z cause a brief rich condition during shifts because they vent air instead of put it back into the system. since they vent out air that the MAF has measured, the car provides too much fuel. it's not a very big deal, and many people do it anyway. i'm just saying i think you're dumb for spending money on a sound that i think is annoying. i just hate non-functional modifications. it's the same as a big wing on a honda. that honda can't go fast enough for the wing to do any good! your stock recirculation valves are good for up to 700 hp or somewhere around there. someone check me on that. i don't know of the effects of BOV's on other cars.

oh, and as for noise on the road, some tires are worse than others. the z certainly isn't the quietest car to ride in, but it shouldn't be deafening or anything. a little bit of tire noise is typically acceptable. if you're worried, have the alignment checked. make sure that you look at a print out of toe, camber, and caster, not just toe.

Last edited by KasbeKZ; 03-31-2010 at 08:33 AM.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:34 AM
Sam

well what do you mean by alot of fuel?? does the BOV increase fuel consumption ?!
and yea there's a screen ... well 5 wait 5 mins i"ll take a pic of it and then upload it.. however im new to this website so i might ask u how to upload if i didnt know ..
Old 03-31-2010, 08:46 AM
Pr0n Addict

you can't upload to this site. upload to a photo hosting site, picasa is pretty nice i find, then get the [img] link and paste that in here.

bov does not increase fuel consumption. it reduces air consumption. someone else can explain this better. i might have it backwards. just do your research and stop treating your car like it's a fashion statement.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:57 AM
Sam

Here's a pic of this VDO screen and another pic for the car..
So apart from its annoying noise ... BOV doesnt harm my car right ?
Attached Thumbnails PLZ help !-31032010108.jpg   PLZ help !-31032010259.jpg  
Old 03-31-2010, 08:59 AM
Sam

well i attached them to the reply ...
Old 03-31-2010, 09:20 AM
Pr0n Addict

well that's not standard on US models, but i'm not the most educated on what options came on models exported to other places.

i just explained the effects of the BOV. do your research. i don't know whether it does any "harm" or not. i just know that it has some negative effect.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:25 AM
Sam

aha okay anyway thanks alot for your help... yea i guess so..
anyway im sorry im taking alot of your time but i have 1 last question! well if i want to put a sports exhaust.. i dont care about brand names.. so its best to stick to the factory size muffler right ??? and umm wut did you mean by "treating your car as a fashion statement" ?
Old 03-31-2010, 09:26 AM

this car is in the lebanon, sick car, That device looks like its stock with the car not saying it is tho but are you the first owner of this car ?
Old 03-31-2010, 09:28 AM
Pr0n Addict

BOV's are for fashion on the z. the stock recirc valves work better. you just want people to hear you. IMO.

there are several companies that make good cat-backs for the z. muffler sizes vary. HKS hiper cat-backs have HUGE mufflers where as specialty z cat-backs have near stock sized mufflers. they're both good. specialty z is pretty close to the best option for the z, and HKS is my personal second.
Old 03-31-2010, 09:30 AM
Pr0n Addict

if he was the first owner, don't you think they would have told him at the dealership what his unkown gauge was? or he would have figured it out after at least 14 years?
Old 03-31-2010, 09:32 AM
Sam

yea .. glad u liked it.. it has with a guy and it seems his dad didnt want him to drive it anymore because its a fast car so he banned him from driving it and this guy had a motorcycle which he drove in that period and unfortunately he had an accident and was killed so it stood 8 years in undrived and i purchased it from his father. he said it means so much to him but he's not gonna make it rot so i bought it..
anyway are with installing Blow off valves ?? or against them ??
Old 03-31-2010, 09:33 AM

does the guage have readings ?
Old 03-31-2010, 09:37 AM
Sam

Honeslty ive never noticed if it has readings.. or maybe i think its malfunctioning... i really dont know thats why i was asking about it lol
Old 03-31-2010, 09:48 AM

I would take it out follow the wires , but thats just me i like to get my hands dirty
Old 03-31-2010, 09:56 AM
Sam

lol or maybe just ask a professional Nissan engineer
anyway u didnt say whether should i put BOVs or stay on the stock recirc valves ???
Old 03-31-2010, 11:03 AM
Pr0n Addict

http://www.twinturbo.net/nissan/300z...pages/bov.html

^^ correct info on blow off valves.

quote from link on blow off valves:
"We've eliminated compressor surge but we did confuse the engine just a bit since the ECU already told the injectors to issue fuel to be used for the air that we've now thrown out. Other than that sounds like a good idea right? so what if were running a bit rich for a moment, no big deal. Before you place your order read on..."
Old 03-31-2010, 12:17 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

lol VDO is a brand that makes various gauges and diagnostic equipment... that is not factory. Do some research to figure out what it is (for starters, remove it, look at it for a product number, google "VDO" and the product number).
Old 03-31-2010, 11:54 PM
Sam

well i think im goin BOV's anyways...

and yea the mirrors are they supposed to be electrically closed or manual??? beacuse when i close the driver's mirror manual it sounds like ticking all the way till its closed.. i think then it is electrically closed.. and if it were where's that button !! lol
Old 04-01-2010, 12:34 AM
F5 Hero

The only mirrors that were electric were the 99's if i recall correctly... and if your's are electric, you will be hard pressed to find help from anyone around here... of all the Z's I've seen, I've only seen 1 Z32 that successfully installed the power folding mirrors.... Happens to be sitting in my drive way right now.

Last edited by napoleonzheking; 04-01-2010 at 12:48 AM.