300ZX (Z32) Forums Dedicated to 90-96 ZCars otherwize known as the Z32's

Help Me!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 05:47 AM
Dan's the Man

Or maybe he has a natural knack and talent for speed talk and is destined to be one of those guys that recites the legal details and disclaimers during the last .5 seconds of a commercial.

You know, the guys that lower their voice to a whisper and talk extremely quickly with no pauses. "Must be blah blah blah blah blah qualify blah blah blah warranty blah blah void blah blah you're screwed blah blah blah blah blah blah life savings blah blah blah blah we own you blah blah blah and your dog blah blah blah..."

j/k ...but Bardabe, consider taking your time with your posts. We will read your posts either way. Proper punctuation and spelling will help many of us understand what you are trying to say just that much better.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:17 AM
caught the z fever

Originally Posted by tt dan
haha.... b300.... my first car was a saturn also.... that thing was a piece, but i had alot of fun in it.... i used to ebrake that thing like it was my job.... it was slow as *****, and ugly on top of that, but i had alot of fun in it.....
haha hell yea... i ebraked that thing soo much that i had to tighten the ebrake handle to make it work again...i really didnt care that much about the car, well i did but i didnt...it was like playing pinball in the winter, just sliding and hitting every snow bank...sometimes i would hope that people would hit me so that i could get a Z.

wow, there basically is no way to hit 300 at the wheels in an N/A is there, maybel ill trade for a tt for my grad present
Old 10-14-2004, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by DanZ32
You know, the guys that lower their voice to a whisper and talk extremely quickly with no pauses. "Must be blah blah blah blah blah qualify blah blah blah warranty blah blah void blah blah you're screwed blah blah blah blah blah blah life savings blah blah blah blah we own you blah blah blah and your dog blah blah blah..."
lol.

We should have a spell check option on this forum. I'm glad I'm not only one who has noticed that absence of basic grammar in some of these posts.

FYI....if we can't understand what you're saying, then you'll never be able to get your point across. We'll just nod and smile. It's like talking to the Asian chick from 'LOST'.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:42 AM
Bad Speller

what I am trying to say is the following: Racers down here in Riverside are all out. here threre are nine and ten second talons, Civics, CRX's,and Miatas. Then in LA there are mostly built V8's such as novas, Mustangs, cheveles, and chargers. so what I'm trying to do is throw it down for Us the older Z's Unlike those 350's that have given us a bad reputation gotta let em know what 300's are all about you know. that is the reason I'm trying to get sommuch RWHP out of my Z i gotta take down those V8's and lil rice burners.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:44 AM

Who's car is that in your sig-link?
Old 10-14-2004, 12:53 PM
Ruined By Spudz

lol word Rizz wooooord...I've been mentioning this to him for a few days and he still isnt listening
Old 10-14-2004, 12:56 PM

my guess it could be a veliside gt-r...but in either case it is a thing of beauty
Old 10-14-2004, 01:01 PM
Ruined By Spudz

i seriously dont think the 350's gave us a bad name..I for one like the look of 350's and they also double as excellent drift cars once gutted
Old 10-14-2004, 01:46 PM

I don't have anything against the 350. There have just been several 350 owners that I've had problem with. They tend to look down on us eventhough us TT owners can spank the crap out of 'em on the street and the track.
Old 10-14-2004, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by 91zxtt
I don't have anything against the 350. There have just been several 350 owners that I've had problem with. They tend to look down on us eventhough us TT owners can spank the crap out of 'em on the street and the track.

hahahah thats true... like that guy a while back, that was in 350 forum, that was being a d**k...we put him in his place That was fun !~
Old 10-14-2004, 04:54 PM

While on my trip through the archives at 300zc, I stumbled across this....
http://www.300zxclub.com/showthread....8&page=3&pp=30
Hmmmm.....sounds familiar.

That guy was an ***. Ever since since dealing with him I've hated Texas.
Old 10-14-2004, 06:59 PM
Bad Speller

Exacly what I'm trying to proove 91TT and the fact that the drift cars are really tued and are not 350 parts they have R34 Diferentials and friken SR20's as a motor so what's good on a 350 besides the look? (O.o)
Old 10-14-2004, 07:18 PM
Ruined By Spudz

sorry to say..didn't really understand a word of what you were saying
Old 10-14-2004, 07:25 PM
Bad Speller

I'm telling 91tt that 350Z's are not good cars. they have Skyline Diferentials and Sylvia motors to drift not Z parts like thjey supposed to. I mean if it was a 240 I'd nderstand but come on Skyline parts on a 350?! not cool
Old 10-14-2004, 08:08 PM
Ruined By Spudz

What about Skyline parts on a 300?
Old 10-14-2004, 09:29 PM
Bad Speller

mOST COMPANIES that have 350Z's as drift cars they mostly put skyline diferential and axles on the 350's and then they put in an SR20DET motor to finish messing it all Up
Old 10-15-2004, 08:55 AM
Tough Guy

The worlds not higschool son. They did make more then one 300zxtt. You should congratulate that guy on having a more unique taste then all the kids your age. Yeah I might bot be old, im 22, and ive owned three z's. Yeah I was the only one in my highschool with a Z, and then another Z. But one of my friends has a Z like mine. And its all good.

Community and family son. Dont bitch.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by bardabe
I'm telling 91tt that 350Z's are not good cars.
Damn....are you really going to make me defend the 350???? I can't believe I have to say this....it is a good car. For approx. $30k, that is a lot of car. It beats the pants off of the Z roadster, the boxter and that little POS MBZ. It competes with the S2000 and the RX8. There are obvious negatives to those cars as well. I believe the 350 is better than the S2000 and the RX8.

It may not be a good drift car; which could explain why people use Skyline and Sylvia parts on it to make a drift car out of it. A drift car isn't a good street car. So, if you're saying that the stock 350 isn't a drift, then you're right. If you're saying that it isn't a good car period, then you're off your rocker.

As Doms mentioned,...what about Skyline parts on a Z? I have Skyline brakes on mine. Does that mean that my Z isn't a good car? No. I put a 240sx throttle body on my Z31 when I had it. Does that mean that car wasn't good? No.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:34 PM
Jack Of All Trades

You guys can have your 350z. One of my next cars will be a g coupe. Then my stable will be full to some extent.......... datsun-nissan-infiniti.

Have any of you guys heard anything about the next skyline ?????? being built off of the z/g platform..... 400+ hp.... coming to u.s. in a year or so. I've only heard rumors thru my kid and some nissan sales guys.
Old 10-15-2004, 02:07 PM

I'll have a pic of it tomorrow....unless someone beats me to it ...if you get your G coupe...thats a skyline in us
Old 10-15-2004, 05:08 PM
Bad Speller

*shakes head* ... *sights* I'm well.. F**K naget. putting skyline parts and silvia parts on youre car dont mae it bad. it's just that they don;t make cars like they use to. betwen 1987 and 1996 they made some of the best cars arround. Subject A:Nissan Skyline GT-R (R33)
Subject B: NIssan 300ZXTT (Z32)
Subject C: Toyota Supra TT (RZ)
Subject D: Mazda RX-7 (RJZ)
and Finaly Sybject E: Toyota MR2 Type S

so if you don;t understand what I mean is that arround 8 - 10 years ago they madecarsalot better than the pressent day.
Old 10-15-2004, 05:59 PM

Boy, I oughta.....nevermind....Was that what you were trying to say? You should've just said it that way. I agree, partially. They don't make performance cars like they used to from '89-96. Late '89 is when the Z32 came out. The Supra didn't hit until late '92 or early '93 and I really didn't follow the RX7. I wouldn't consider including the MR2 in this list. The problem with your statement is that you're comparing apples to oranges. Nissan, Toyota and Mazda quit making those cars because they got too expensive. Safety and emmissions requirements were getting harder and harder to meet. It got to the point where people weren't willing to pay almost $40k for these types of cars back in '96. The market shifted away from that and towards SUV's and family sport sedans/wagons. It's all about business and making $. The companies weren't making $ on these cars anymore. It would cost a hell of a lot more to produce those cars today. Those auto manufacturers are producing cars for a different type of market. It's all about demographics. The cars being produced today are better cars....overall. The 350 is a very good car. To say it's not is assinine, so don't shake your head at me.

please try using some proper grammar...
Old 10-15-2004, 08:03 PM

I agree with 91...it's all about what makes money, and they are realizing that they can make money by selling cars such as EVO WRX SKYLINE in US, so they are bringing them over... Same with the 350 and rx8, and now lotus elise....You see a bunch of tiny cars around Europe made by toyota, nissan even ford, but you will never see them in US bc there is no market for them. Z32 was a great quality sports car in its time, and it still is... it has that timeless look that will not fade...the look like exotic cars do. you can see a 89 lambo diablo today and your jaw would drop, and guess what...its gonna be the same way 30 yrs from now. I feel Z has the same look/feel to it, and thats why i wanna stock up
Old 10-16-2004, 07:05 AM
Jack Of All Trades

imho, nowadays, there's also this rather popular item called leasing. it's a rather popular way for people to get into the $30-40k cars. Best of all the dealers and manufacturers make a financial killing and the lessee's get hosed. Anybody can drive off in the car of their choice if the payment is right, To hell with the purchase price and depreciation.
Regardless of opinion and emotion the cars today are the best ever built and the best looking. The cars of the 90's were the best ever then and so forth.
Most of the cars that bardabe listed would be smoked by todays equivalent except the r33 cuz there is no equiv.
Old 10-16-2004, 08:32 AM

Leases.....ewwwwwwwww. Why not just rent from Enterprise for 3 years? It's almost the same thing. People say that you shouldn't buy a new car because of the depreciation factor. At least when you buy a new car, once you're finshed with the payments you actually own something. With a lease, when you're finished with the payments you just give it back, or arrange financing to buy a car that you've already been paying on for 3 years (or so). Talk about a waste of money.

Good points, both of you.

Wrecker, I think you meant the Countach, not the Diablo. You can add the Ferrari Testarossa to that list also.