300ZX (Z32) Forums Dedicated to 90-96 ZCars otherwize known as the Z32's

Help Me!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 07:21 PM

Help Me!!!!!!!!!

Hey wassup guys, im in a dillema.
im 16 and i got a 300ZXTT and i was sooooooooooo happy cuz i had the fastest car at my skool. even though my Z is a automatic (all i found for the price). and i had the BEST and FASTEST car at my high skool. but today i as i was in the parking lot i saw my worst enemy..... ANOTHER F@#KIN 300ZX TWIN TURBO!!!!!!!!!! I WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PISSED OFF CUZ I USED TO BE THA ONLY GUY IN SKOOL WIT A 300ZX AND NOW SOMEONE ELSE HAS A MANUAL ONE AND ITS FASTER AND BETTER THAN MINE!!!! thats not the only problem
my parents are VERY protective over me so they dont want me to make my car any faster but they dont understand that i NEED it to be faster. see in my skool im not that popular at all. nobody knew who i was. but once i got my Z EVERYBODY talked to me and said WASSUP and **** like that. i felt soooo f@#kin happy but now some a-hole is gunan take that **** away from me and ill be a nobody in my skool again.
so wat im trying to say is how should i persuade my parents to let me upgrade my Z so i can have at least 350 HP instead of the stock 300???? cuz imma get an intake system, a performance chip, an underdrive pully, and i already got borla exhaust, but imma get other things too but i dont know how to ask. cuz they think that since im a teenager all i want to do is go out and race people. BUT I DONT!!! and they dont believe me. i mean sure i do burnouts once in a while in my parking lot but its not like i drive 50MPH in a 20MPH zone or anything. i need to have the fastest car in skool but i dont know how to ask my parents
HELP HELP HELP!!!!

Last edited by Riz Z Speed; 10-06-2004 at 10:54 PM.
Old 10-06-2004, 07:30 PM

Don't hate on another Z owner unless he is ricing out the car... if you don't race, then why do you have to be faster????? People are still going to say "wassup" to you even tho there is another Z in school. And you shouldn't care anyway....if they don't like you, then F*ck them! Just meet the other dude, and you two can help eachother out with your Z's. I was the only kid in my HS with a Z, but in next county (10 mins away) this other dude had a Z, and we just became best friends.

DRIVE RESPONSIBLY, and welcome to ZDriver
Old 10-06-2004, 07:32 PM

Oh and as far as being popular, just be yourself, there will be people outher who won't like you, but there also will be people who will respect you for that
Old 10-06-2004, 08:12 PM
caught the z fever

excellent job of summing it up z....
crazy_jatt that is exactly where i am at right now...you just have to say the right things, and keep bothering them about it. its slowly working for me
and as far as getting faster without your parents really noticing, get an ashspec ecu. have a friend order you one and then take your car to his house and do the swap. its easy, its unnoticed...other than when the gas petal is slammed...and its a big bang for the buck.
Old 10-06-2004, 08:36 PM
Ruined By Spudz

Man, I'm 16 and when I got my N/A Z, I was still the fastest in the school ..my next competition was a 91' MR2 N/A (I've raced and smoked him on several occasions) and man I dont see what the big deal is for you to have the fastest car if you don't race. I mean its not a biggie if people think your car is the fastest, just you will know that its up there and that should be all that matters man. Btw, you've never gone 50 in a 20??? man your mission out haha
Old 10-06-2004, 09:08 PM

man you are a bad influence on a kid....tomorrows headlines.... A teenager speeds through the school zone and wraps his Z around the tree
Old 10-06-2004, 10:18 PM

hey guys thnx
i guess i over reacted cuz i was scared
but yea i guess ill try to meet him
and dont worry i know how to drive my car i wont wrap it around a tree
im pretty carefull.
but when i first got it i drove that thing like crazy. i used to fishtail aroudn every corner but i stopped now cuz i realized i actually need tires to last :-P
Old 10-06-2004, 11:02 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

*shakes head*

kids.....
Old 10-07-2004, 12:39 AM

hahahah Rizzz.... i remember it like it was yesterday... monday morning got into my first Z .....oh those were the days.....Then i started wrecking them, which was not as much fun
Old 10-07-2004, 09:18 AM
Ruined By Spudz

Come on..all the cool kids wrap there 91 N/A Slicktop Z around a pole..
Old 10-07-2004, 09:50 AM

*bangs head on desk while shaking head*

I should keep my mouth shut, but that's not really my style......You're 16 and you drive a friggin' TT. Shut the hell up and be happy you have it. If people only like you because of your car, then they're not the kind of people you want to hang around with anyway. Moral of this story...respect yourself!

Just so you know, since you already have the exhaust system, by adding a chip and intake to your car you'll be pushing 400HP; which will likely induce some form of tree wrapping ceremony. Moral of the story is,....respect your car (it can kill you).

Oh,....quit doin' burnouts. That thumping that you hear in the rear-end when you do that its called wheel hop. It's very bad for the all of your suspension and driveline components. In laymans terms, that means you'll be replacing most of that stuff down the road (driveshaft, axles, differential, etc.). Moral of this story....respect your car,...again!

Just talk to the guy. Most Z32 drivers are laid back; however, you seem to be a bit high strung, so one can't be too sure. Tell him about this site. The two of you can probably learn from each other and will learn from us. If you ever feel the anxiety of knowing that someone else at your school owns a Z, then slap yourself for me.
Old 10-07-2004, 11:37 AM
caught the z fever

haha....grumpy old people....dont know anything
but yea your sooo lucky to have a tt, dont ruin it
id feel the same way if someone else had a z at my school, but then i would probably become friends with the person, so i wouldnt care after a while.

91, you cant say youve never gotten jealous at another person with a faster car...we're teenagers, were suppsed to think like that, and once in a long long time ago you were a teenager too
Old 10-07-2004, 12:43 PM

first of all Jody is not that old, and getting jealous over someone elses car is childish. i have seen some nice rides, but there is nothing to be jealous over, if you work hard and stay true to yourself and your car, meaning being original, people will be jealous of you.
Old 10-07-2004, 03:21 PM
Dan's the Man

You at 16... you're own 300ZXTT
Me at 16...dads Aspen Station Wagon

You have a good thing going...buddy up with the guy. Park sideXside. Work on the cars together. And be safe with that monster. You have 300 hp now and you will likely use it. Go to 350 or 400 and you'll find excuses to use that.

If you don't intend to race it, then do some "showy" things (not ricey). Dress up the engine bay. Get a nice body kit. New wheels. Upgraded rotors, painted calipers, etc...

The car will always turn heads. Now heads will turn for two.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by b300z
haha....grumpy old people....91, you cant say youve never gotten jealous at another person with a faster car...we're teenagers, were suppsed to think like that, and once in a long long time ago you were a teenager too
You wanna see grumpy, then keep it up. Dammit, respect your elders.

Considering my 1st car was a 1.5 liter 1976 MG Midget vert (50HP max on race gas), yes there were times that I was jealous of the silver spoon crowd. Not like this one here. I was never the popluar kid (mainly due to my sarcasm). I never wanted to be. A$$hole wasn't just a name my mother called me . I made people laugh. Often times at another's expense. I wasn't mean. I liked to make jokes. I'm a much different person now. But, to get back on topic,...this type of jealousy isn't healthy....maybe you should pull up a couch....Did you ever feel any attraction to your Mother??? Kidding,...just a little Freud.... Yes, I always wanted a faster car, but not to be considered the cool kid, or because I wanted people to know who I was. I wanted a faster car because, quite frankly, that MG sucked!!! No, really, it did... I always want a faster car because I like how it feels. Just because I may get smoked by some dude in a Z06 on the freeway (didnt know he had a supercharger on it) , doesn't mean that I hate the guy. I laughed at it actually. Saw the car later, didn't try to race (learned my lesson). I acknowledged the guy, he was cool, no problem. If I see him in a few weeks, then I'll try. Now, if he was a dick, then I would've fitted him with some concrete Adidas and parked him in the river. It's all about respect. If someone has something nice, you should respect it, not be jealous of it. If you work hard, then you can have something nice. I guess that's another moral. I'm full these today.
Old 10-07-2004, 08:46 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

hmmm...me at 16 years of age?

ummm...no car....year old shoes...maybe one friend.....new school....no social life.....etc....etc...etc....

and here you are complaining about owning a TT that isn't fast enough for you?
You don't know what problems are!
I won't go into detail about other stuff that's happened to me or other ppl that i know. All I gotta say is grow up and follow other ppl's advice.
Damn spoiled kids.....
Old 10-07-2004, 11:11 PM

nicely put Z....... dude.... if people dont like you for who you are, then dont talk to them.... i agree w/ the guys...... you should meet up w/ the other Z owner and help each other out... thats the way to do it..... if you dont race, then just keep it stock, it doesnt matter if he is a little quicker.... who cares.... you still have one of the fastest, and best looking car in your school.... oh yea...... u have to do 50 in a 20 atleast once, if you havent, then you havent lived but.... people will still talk to you, and people will still turn their head, because you have a Z, they have no other choice anyway.... i would go for the ECU first, like he said, its un-noticable, and pretty much your parents will have no clue, u can do a JWT pop charger too, its not too expensive, and it'll help out some.... just upgrade it at a friend house or when they are at work but, anyway... good luck w/ it, and after you read this, go do 50 in a 20 later man -dan
Old 10-08-2004, 07:24 AM

thnx again 4 tha advice
and to tell u guys the truth i HAVE gone 50 in a 20, it IS fun, but i barely do it cuz tha first time i did, i almost got pulled over by a cop cuz tha f@#kin bastard was hiding.
but i was drivin my Z yesterday and there was a roush mustang next to me
i wasnt sure if i could take him or not
but he started to rev his engine. and once tat happens im not gunna back off even against a Ferrari or something. so i was like, Why not? i didnt really care if i lost that one cuz i wouldnt see him again
so the light turned green adn we took off
now either that guy cant drive manual/his roush is actually slower than my Z/ or something happened but i won!!! and i was so happy cuz i didnt think my Z would beat a roush cuz everyone that i ever raced was some shitty import guy that didnt seem to notice the "TWIN TURBO" emblem on the back of my car untill after he got smoked
so i was wonderin, was his roush actually slower than my Z? or is it cuz that guy cant shift 4 [at all]?
oh yea i think it was a stage 2 or 3
i doubt my Z can beat a stage 3 and it didnt look like a stage 1 so im guessin it was a stage 2

Last edited by Riz Z Speed; 10-08-2004 at 03:07 PM.
Old 10-08-2004, 07:30 AM

How did you know it was a stage 2 or 3 if you never saw the guy before???? also when racing, which you never do automatic gives you a bit of advantage over other newbies, bc you can't gobb your car ,stall out, miss a shift...etc...etc
Old 10-08-2004, 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by 91zxtt
You wanna see grumpy, then keep it up. Dammit, respect your elders.
hahahahahahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!
A$$hole wasn't just a name my mother called me . I made people laugh. Often times at another's expense.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!! Man i love getting up in the morning on my day off, just before i have to shoot my insurance agent and reading these posts...they put me in a good mood.
....Did you ever feel any attraction to your Mother???
HAHAHA!!!! Hey Jody i think you are in a wrong line of work...take your Z out of your garage, find an old sofa, and start your own business

Now, if he was a dick, then I would've fitted him with some concrete Adidas and parked him in the river.
You are the man!! and as far as being sarcastic, we haven't noticed that at all buddy
Old 10-08-2004, 09:43 AM

I was on quite a roll yesterday.

Jr. JATT...
Yes, a TT will take a Roush Mustang. Wrecker brought up a good point....how'd you know it was stage 2 or 3 from the side? Doesn't matter. As far as mods go...A chip will give you the most noticeable gains in this car. Some people recommend the JWT chip. Others will say ASHSPEC (my choice). It's a little more work than simply popping in a chip. You have to install boost jets, or an electronic boost controller (best bet). It's also recommended that you install a separate boost gauge (the 'rents would definitely see that) because the factory one is very inaccurate. You're boosting at 9-9.5 psi now. With the chip, you'll boost at 15psi. Factory gauge doesn't go that high. The intake is easy to install, and the 'rents won't notice that. That'd give you over 400hp at the flywheel.

Last edited by 91zxtt; 10-08-2004 at 09:46 AM.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:42 AM

grow up......
Old 10-08-2004, 11:40 AM
caught the z fever

alright guys, im sorry
it was supposed to be a joke
and about the jealous thing, it was just a comment like, "that would be cool to have that much power, or have my car look that cool," something like that, not like "dam i hate that guy cuz he has a faster car than me"
91, my first car was a saturn that put out more smoke when i drove than when i spun the tires, i feel soo grateful to have my z
Old 10-08-2004, 12:27 PM
Ruined By Spudz

Man, I wish I woulda had a tt..but to tell you the truth, I could care less if someones car was faster then me because you know somewhere out there, there will always be a person with a better car and more money to dump in that car.

91- Wow man, you got some funny **** to say! keep it comin it keeps these threads alive and more interesting.
Old 10-08-2004, 01:10 PM

i get no credit for highlighting it ???? but you were on a roll... don't race bc your insurance will go through the friggin roof!!!! i could be paying for another car each month as much as i spend on insurance