Exhaust - basics - ZDriver.com

Go Back  ZDriver.com > Cars > 300ZX (Z32) Forums
Exhaust - basics >

Exhaust - basics

300ZX (Z32) Forums Dedicated to 90-96 ZCars otherwize known as the Z32's

Exhaust - basics

Old 09-10-2018, 10:27 PM

Exhaust - basics

Some noob elements below but could not find the answers on any forums after some ligit time searching. Deferring to the experts and appreciate any input.

Just bought a low mileage 1990 TT. The carís sat a portion of its life and the mufflers are completely rusted out - some rust and a couple holes on the pipes as well. Looking to replace - the car is 100% stock and I prefer to maintain that wherever possible.
Iíve been looking around for the parts and part out opportunities (eBay, Craigslist, and generally googling). Seems like it will take a while to accumulate all the OEM pieces. Any advice or obvious places I should be looking?
  1. Best option Iíve found is a JDM TT 2+2. Guessing that wonít work. What is the comparability across NA, TT and 2+2?
  2. Are the extra effort and dollars to keep it 100% stock even worth it (i.e., impact on value). Most un- or mildly modded Z32s I see for sale have aftermarket exhaust anyway.
  3. If straying from OEM, is it worth it to look at aftermarket systems that look/sound stock or better to just spend the money on something vicious? Admittedly a broad question, but any suggests for either path are welcome.