300ZX (Z32) Forums Dedicated to 90-96 ZCars otherwize known as the Z32's

Can I run just one BOV???

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 08:24 PM

Some things you can skimp on

I just can't think of em right now....

wal-mart light bulb replacements, getting tools to work on your car at Harbor freight, um...that's about it...

the following is a guide to Zlover's posts

Zlover isn't an *sshole, he is just like that old war vet that has been in-country too long. When it comes to the Z he seems to have that 1000 yard stare. Once you are in country a little longer you might come to appreciate his candor.

So very much like that soldier that once an answer is given the only thing you will get after that is further explination of that answer if he feels like it or ridicule, guess that's mood dependant.

When a question is asked of him that requires his opinion his answer is stated as fact, all you have to do is remember that it's just his opinion and he will not be swayed by your words at all.

If you try to argue with him you will get these responses in pretty much this order.

1. He used to work at a Z tuning place
2. Your knowledge is that of a 4 year old
3. You do not know what you are talking about becuase he already gave you the answer.
4. Ridicule; he might insult your inteligence or say you don't deserve to drive a Z or something like that.
5. He'll ignore you

Technically when questions are asked about broken things, his answers are pretty sound although he will usually jump to the end solution without walking you through the steps to get there. Teach a man to fish isn't his motto, he'd rather just give you a fish and send you on your way.

That's about it, enjoy Zdriver.com

Last edited by Goofyz; 05-20-2008 at 08:28 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:05 PM
Über User

well, everything in here was covered very well, as usual, but i still have to add, Zlover is not much older than us at all, and also, the HKS is probably one of the loudest BOV's on the market though its a good one, i'd still go TiAL, but really, totally a waste of money on the Z32 till the stock recirc's cannot keep up with the boost numbers your running.

also, say what you want about zlover i have only caught him in grammatical mistakes an amount of times i can count on my fingers, and be "wrong" only once, i cant even remember the event or what it was but it was something simple and basic like an over looked fact thats it. hard to argue with those results. unless its about a DSM then he just gets out of control and biased thinks every single one is a tranny bomb. psh... lol

Last edited by snwbrderphat540; 05-20-2008 at 09:07 PM.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:18 PM
Registered Drifter

Juan I read your post about exhaust that was by far the largest tangent I've ever seen on a post (the debate between Zlover and the other guy about what makes an exhaust the best) and it was amazing.

ZLover I have read many of your posts and they're extremely helpful you are very knowledgeable I dont want to get on your bad side. Thanks for settin g me straight. I gave a real look under my hood and I see exactly what you mean. I dont want to be an uninformed poster I"ll try to research more.

Today I got a fortune that hit the nail on the head. "Now is a good time to expand your repertoire of skills and knowledge." Dam its so true this Z Is a whole new beast that I have to wrap my head around. I'm glad summer is here I can school myself on the Z.

Tim
Old 05-20-2008, 10:07 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

Just for the record, the first response has never been my time working at Ultimate Z... I actually try to avoid bringing that up at all unless it's pertinent to the subject (for example, all the different Z32 exhausts I've heard).
Old 05-21-2008, 12:57 PM

My last post

was to make ya laugh Zlover and I'll admit I took poetic liscence with the order of replys.

As "that other guy" It's a forum on the interweb (<-- Askaninja.com word) if you can't have a discussion here then really you just go back to your garage and pretend you already know all the answers.