300ZX (Z32) Brakes, Wheels, Suspension and Chassis Discussions related to performance suspension, wheels, brakes and chassis for the 90-96 300ZX

Quick question regarding rear suspension

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2004, 12:04 AM
Administrative Brown Guy

Depends on which arms you bent.

The tt has a rear tie rod as opposed to the N/A having a rear toe arm. Splparts.com sells adjustable rear traction arms to help with aligning the toe and eliminating bump steer.
Old 02-15-2004, 01:20 PM

i think lower control arms are the same, bc i picked one up from a junkyard for my first Z and it worked fine
Old 02-29-2004, 10:29 AM

SPL control arms

I spoke with Steve at Rising Sun in Ft.Worth and I personally saw these on a Z32. These have to be adjusted so far out that they look (and Steve told me) that they are dangerous. He said that the only way to go for adjustable links, front and rear, is the Stillen arms. Although the Stillens' are more expensive, you get what you pay for.
Old 03-01-2004, 11:08 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

Lettme guess...he sells Stillen parts?
LOL sorry but that sounds like a salesman's line to me.
The front and rear upper A-arms that Stillen sells are not only way overpriced they aren't even the best available.
The front upper A-arm that is generally referred as the "buckle" or Japanese design is better and less expensive than the Stillens. Courtesy Nissan is even carrying the Japanese versions now.
http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchan...t_Code=Z32-ARM
http://www.stillen.com/Sportscars_de...d=37526&page=1

Stillens upper rear adjustable arms are also WAY overpriced as well.
http://www.stillen.com/Sportscars_de...id=2175&page=1
http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchan...de=55135-Z32RA

I think that the adjustable traction rods are to be used in conjuction with the other adjustable suspension components as a whole, to get the desired results.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:03 AM

huh?

Actually, I did not see one Stillen part, sign, or did Steve even try to push me into buying anything at all (even the parts he did have in stock like the JWT air intake I got for $110). He did show me on a Z32 the SPL or whatever they are rear arms and they did look dangerous. This guy is not a salesman, he is a mechanic in Ft. Worth which is right down the road from Courtesy Nissan in Dallas, so I'm sure he has seen plenty of whatever they have to offer and I can imagine he has had to re-do a lot of overpriced "work" that a Nissan dealer does. I know my Nissan dealer in College Station, Texas way overpriced me for a front alignment that didn't even staighten out my Z32. They also put spacers in to try and adjust the camber instead of just telling me that I needed new springs. ( I have 155,000 miles on stock springs. ) He mainly works on Z-cars of all years (not just street, but full race as well) and is not into selling any name of parts only his time to put these parts on Z-cars. By the way RIZZ, have you totally devoted your LIFE and your everyday business to Z-cars and those who drive them like Steve? HUH?
Old 03-02-2004, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by rizzspeed
I think that the adjustable traction rods are to be used in conjuction with the other adjustable suspension components as a whole, to get the desired results.
Do you mean torsion rods, AKA Control Arms? I agree that these items work best when they're combined together. You shouldn't need the adjustable upper arms unless your springs are sagging, or you've lowered your car. I also agree that Stillen does not make the best stuff, and they're way over priced. Check out SGP and Z1 as well for other options.
Old 03-02-2004, 12:35 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

I've devoted alot of my time and energy to my passion which is my Z car.
Maybe not to the degree that you think Mr. Millen has, but enough for me. If you hold Mr. Millen in such high esteem, then I would ask you to ask yourself a question. If Mr. Millen is so devoted to Z's and everything associated with it, then why charge so much for his products? He's basically just pricing himself out of the market.
Well, to be frank, I just assumed that you spoke to a salesman. My bad, I didn't know he was a mechanic. Not that being a mechanic means he's correct. He's entitled to his own opinions, just like everybody else. Doesn't mean that I have to agree with him.
Here's a pic of the rear traction rods for the tt. The other is the rear toe arm for the NA.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:15 PM

Aaron do you just go by soley what some guy tells you at a garage? I mean come on do some research for yourself. It sounds as if you ask this guy about everything hell it looks as if your his walking talking internet junky bill board, promoting his buisiness. Every reply and post you put up starts with "I spoke with Steve at Rising Sun" I mean come on don't degrade yourself like that, you could atleast act like you know something instead of just showing us you aren't nearly intelligent enough to research something on your own. hope I don't offend you its just my opinion.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:47 PM
Administrative Brown Guy

Moved to Brakes, Wheels, Suspension and Chassis