300ZX (Z32) Brakes, Wheels, Suspension and Chassis Discussions related to performance suspension, wheels, brakes and chassis for the 90-96 300ZX

front brake options

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2009, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by napoleonzheking
Have you seen Dale?
No I haven't. Is it good? I saw 3 and liked it.
Old 04-01-2009, 12:53 PM
F5 Hero

Yah it's good. I still cry at the end of it. It has scenes of Dale actually out on his ranch and stuff. It's pretty good. Also, check out the Darrell Waltrip dvd, it talks about their rivalry and stuff on it then how they became friends and stuff. It's pretty good.

3 is more of an actual movie type thing, where as Dale is more of a documentary type thing.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:54 PM
Pr0n Addict

changed my mind. saw the advertisement video for the MWS brakes and found that they only benefit in fade resistance, which is not my goal right now. i'm not going to the track. so i'm going with the VERY much cheaper option and getting the 4 wheel brembo stock fitment set from Z1.

Last edited by KasbeKZ; 04-14-2009 at 08:11 PM.
Old 04-14-2009, 08:46 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

Go read my reply on tt.net.
Old 04-14-2009, 09:04 PM
Pr0n Addict

yeah i hear you. i really wish i would have looked at it that way earlier. i still think i'll go with the Z1 kit. it's priced pretty well, and comes with everything i need except the later model rotors (someone hook me up please...). though, now you've kinda made me think i should just get plain OEM rotors and buy all the pads and stuff separately to try to make it cheaper. i'll see if that's do-able or not later. too much to do right now. thanks
Old 04-14-2009, 11:09 PM
Über User

how bad are these brakes? and your looking into the 350Z wheels right? they aren't expensive and are a good wheel and look nice, will give you clearance to upgrade your brakes properly. but at the same time, are you going to put them to use? if not, just go stock and fix the car. it is an NA after all.
Old 04-15-2009, 05:43 AM
Pr0n Addict

yeah stock fitment brakes for me. the over sized brakes don't offer any improvement at all except fade resistance. i really don't need that. i'm sure that they feel better and you can modulate them better, but really, it's not worth it. i'm going to do all 4 wheels for what, with the big brake kit, was going to cost me a good $700 total, just to do the fronts. and yeah, 350 wheels. and that's not going to cost a lot, because if you scan ebay for a bit, well conditioned Z32 wheels (like mine) sell for right about the same as a lot of well conditioned 350 wheels. so, all i have to do is get new tires a little bit before they are due.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:21 PM
F5 Hero

is the kit from Z1 cheaper than the kit from coz with the brembo rotors?
Old 04-15-2009, 01:39 PM
Pr0n Addict

coz is $450, Z1 is $475. but Z1 kit comes with speed bleeders, and for $19 extra, you can get the Z1 MS brace (which looks strangely like some other ms braces... but i don't really care). so, considering the recent news, i like Z1 better, i'll go with them.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:27 PM
F5 Hero

eh all that will blow over in a few months anyways. Coz has always helped me out alot. Once I needed a power steering tensioner bolt (the long one that goes through to tighten the pump) and I asked if he could just mail it in a padded envelope so shipping would be like 1 dollar instead of 7 for a flate rate shipping box, and it got there much quicker.

I still have to decide on what brakes I want to do.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:24 PM
Pr0n Addict

i'll be doing the Z1 kit in june probably. so i'll let you know how it goes.

as for coz, i'm not saying i'd never buy anything from him now, but i definitely won't forget it, and it will impact what i buy from him in the future. the deal though did make me look around for more vendors, and i've found vendors now that i like better, just because of the parts offered. so i'll probably do most of my business with amz and specialty.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:02 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

It will not just "blow over." He didn't just copy a part and sell it as his own, he told his customers that it was the legitimate part. That is FAR worse than what AMS has done. I know a guy who was in the process of having an engine assembled with "300Degree" rails from Coz... goal was to have the car ready for ChicagoZ's car show on Sunday. Guess what? Now he has to tear it apart again because he got the knockoffs and they leak. And when someone doesn't get the memo and has an engine fire, that'll be on Coz, too.

And any vendor would be willing to ship things in a padded envelope to keep the cost down... that's pretty standard.

Last time I went through Coz, it took him almost a month to get me my intercoolers and oil lines. At first, he had the oil lines in stock and would ship them out immediately. Several days later, nothing... so I call. "Oh yeah, I only had the thrust bearing oil lines, so I had to order those..." Well why the **** couldn't he call me and say that so I knew to hold off on my engine work? He picked up a lot of tricks from when he worked at Ultimate Z... not telling his customers when something isn't in stock is one of them. (The philosophy being that if they know it's not in stock, they'll cancel and go elsewhere.) I won't be going through Coz anymore. SPL and IPP get my business.

Last edited by ZLover4Life; 04-16-2009 at 05:12 PM.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:31 PM
Pr0n Addict

can't argue with that. if i had to take a guess, i'd expect concept to be out of business in a year. i'm honestly pretty much looking forward to the blow out sale.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:36 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

I don't think he'll go out of business... Ultimate Z hasn't yet... nor have AMS or Z1 after all they've done. There are always people who don't care about a company's ethics, so he'll still have customers. He is going to lose a lot of business from TT.NET though... 300Degree is the owners of TT.NET, and more people are loyal to them than Coz.
Old 04-16-2009, 05:47 PM
Pr0n Addict

yeah i guess. it just looked like a really large number of people on tt.net that were regulars that will never buy there again. pretty significant.

though, i'm kind of new to the scene, so i don't know the severity of the wrong doings of ams (kinda), and more so the wrong doings of Z1. care to catch me up breifly?
Old 04-16-2009, 06:17 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

AMS had exact duplicates of MSP Manifolds (with the brand scratched off) made by a Chinese company and sold them as their own. I believe they've done the same thing with a pulley set and other items as well.

Z1 just screws people over routinely. They have "accidentally" sent people stock turbos instead of Sport 500's. Search TT.NET for the hoard of horror stories about them. Not to mention their unprofessionalism in dealing with Ash (he used to work for Z1... and then Z1 basically posted on TT.NET).
http://www.twinturbo.net/net/viewmsg...msg_id=1148319

In all honesty, my experience with Z1 has been wonderful - I needed pistons ASAP, they didn't have them in stock, I simply asked them to get them to me as soon as humanly possible, and somehow Z1 got them to me right when I needed them. I cracked a ring installing one of the pistons, Z1 got me a replacement ring immediately. But I haven't used them for anything else and I will limit my purchases to them simply because I don't want to end up having one of the horror stories. I will, however, be giving their 13" BBK a serious look in the near future... I didn't realize the price had come down that much. That's a damn good deal.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:32 PM
Pr0n Addict

so ash used to work there, and when he left, they post stuff like that? hmmmm. pretty dick

well thanks for the summary. i feel pretty up to date.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:42 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

... Ash was STILL working there when they posted that.
Old 04-16-2009, 06:51 PM
Pr0n Addict

holy crap. that's f-ed up. do you think that's just a reflection of the john guy or is that the attitude of everyone?
Old 04-16-2009, 07:28 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

It's everyone there. And when it got to the point that all their customers were complaining about them, they created false TT.NET accounts and started VTDing all the threads about them... they created enough accounts to have the threads removed.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:45 PM
Pr0n Addict

weak sauce. lots of respect lost right there. they are still now third on my list of preferred vendors, cause they have a few nice looking parts, and i really like their brake kit. and i'm still going to znationals there! that will be hella fun. i'm getting into mad plans already. so lucky my aunt and uncle live so close to it.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:11 AM
Obsessive Craigslist Disorder

havent been on in a while but i just bought the brembo brakes with some hawk pads im installing them tonight ill let you know how i like them. ohh i also got every bushing too will be fun
Old 04-17-2009, 07:58 AM
Pr0n Addict

where did you get them from?
Old 04-22-2009, 06:55 AM
Obsessive Craigslist Disorder

i bought the rotors off a buddy of mine for 50 bucks

everything else i got from coz......cash=no tax lol

so far the set up is working great quite a bit ore dust though
Old 04-22-2009, 09:14 AM
Pr0n Addict

that's the pads. pretty sure most semi metalic pads stay pretty clean. so you're using stock rotors? i'm going with a slotted set all around i think.

Quick Reply: front brake options