300ZX (Z32) Brakes, Wheels, Suspension and Chassis Discussions related to performance suspension, wheels, brakes and chassis for the 90-96 300ZX

front brake options

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 08:56 PM
F5 Hero

what oversized kit fits in the stock wheels?
Old 03-26-2009, 08:59 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

Originally Posted by napoleonzheking
Read my reply on page 1.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by hoov100
and this "Racer wannabe" that you claim i am 91zx has probably had more seat and driving time, as well as building and tuning experience then you have ever had your entire life.
What kind of 'seat time' are you talking about here, because the road from my house to the grocery store is pretty wicked. That's at least 20 minutes round trip. There's this one 25 MPH curve that I've taken at probably 26, maybe 27 MPH. I couldn't take my eyes off the road to look at the speedo. I was haulin' ***. I've gotten the rotors in Mommy's Z06 so hot that they were purple.

I'm a mortgage banker that enjoys tweaking on cars in my spare time (of which I have none right now) and driving fast. I don't pretend to be more than that. Taking a couple laps at Laguna Seca doesn't mean sh*t. I know that track like the back of my hand, but only because I've played Gran Turismo (a lot). My knowledge and experience from that likely far surpasses your knowledge of the track from your 'seat time' there. I'm pretty sure that I could put a solid whoopin' on you there. In my experience, people who get their panties in a bunch over what I've said earlier in this thread are usually the ones that can't back up their own comments. They're the same ones that are happy when they receive a trophy for just participating. Here's the thing that'll really **** you off.....you can't prove it either way. I still can't get over you talking about 'racing' your Moms GTO. How lame is that.

You appear that you may be taking things way too seriously here. You need to lighten up a tad. It's not healthy. Do have driving gloves to wear for your commute to work....if you work. Do you keep a helmet in your back seat 'just in case'? Do you still live with your Mom?

In case you haven't figured it out. I make jokes. You're becoming the butt of these jokes. I'm having fun with this and will continue to have with it as long as you have your hollier than thou attitude.
Old 03-26-2009, 09:50 PM

i use Brembo drill / slot rotors on the front and back with metal axis brake pads bought 3 years ago and no problem since my car doesnt see any track use or hard driving at all... normal use...only
Old 03-26-2009, 11:24 PM
Pr0n Addict

Originally Posted by napoleonzheking

ya right here. http://www.mwsmotorsports.com/

i found a good review on it, very in depth. it seems to be pretty good. he said he got some shaking but he attributed it to his improper bedding of track brake pads i believe. i do believe i'll be going with this kit (thanks again zlover for pointing it out) and i'll certainly post up how it does. it will be a couple months.
Old 03-27-2009, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by 91zxtt
There's this one 25 MPH curve that I've taken at probably 26, maybe 27 MPH.
???

Originally Posted by 91zxtt
but only because I've played Gran Turismo (a lot)
my favorite track in GT is Nürburgring and I've driven it in real life. There is NO WAY IN HELL running a track in game gives you legitimate experience. If you mean you can remember the turns then fine. The games are really good if for that and only in one or two variations of the track.

Last edited by jverz; 03-27-2009 at 09:09 AM. Reason: better wording
Old 03-27-2009, 09:05 AM
Über User

lol thats exactly what he means, you get track memory and he is not being serious at all. don't take it so literally J. haha.
Old 03-27-2009, 09:09 AM

^^^ It was hard to tell. I was really hoping he wasn't being serious but there was no smiley face for ::BWUAH?::

Nürburgring is an awesome drive btw.. if you're ever in the area you should stop by and try it out.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:45 PM
F5 Hero

Originally Posted by KasbeKZ
ya right here. http://www.mwsmotorsports.com/

i found a good review on it, very in depth. it seems to be pretty good. he said he got some shaking but he attributed it to his improper bedding of track brake pads i believe. i do believe i'll be going with this kit (thanks again zlover for pointing it out) and i'll certainly post up how it does. it will be a couple months.

that costs as much as the kit from coz but only replaces the front, doesn't come with lines, or fluid. I think if I go larger brakes, i'll get the 350z kit, but I have aftermarket wheels. Eh, i'll probably just get the kit from coz that has all 4 brembo rotors.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
lol thats exactly what he means, you get track memory and he is not being serious at all. don't take it so literally J. haha.

I was being sarcastic about the 25 MPH thing with the local 'track' to the grocery store.

Some pro drivers (Dale Earnhardt Jr. for one) have spoken about how realistic video games have gotten these days and how it helps them memorize the tracks. It helps with braking points, turn in points, etc. Little E used it to help him with Infineon and Watkins Glen. You crash in a video game learning a track and who cares....you crash in real life and it costs a lot. You take someone that can drive quite well and put them in a car at a track they know well from a video game and they'll turn better laps than a more experienced driver that doesn't know the track at all. Make sense?
Old 03-29-2009, 01:13 AM
F5 Hero

you also have to remember that Jr. is a bad ***.... and possibly the coolest motha effa ever.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:09 PM
Über User

i just realized you said Earnhardt Jr. ..... (bare with me its a joke) and he is a nascar driver, so.... he used a game to tell him the next left turn was coming no matter what? lol
Old 03-29-2009, 08:40 PM
F5 Hero

I love when people state that Nascar is only left hand turns, when in reality they usually run 2 road coarses a year....

On that note, several Nascar teams bring in road racers to drive their cars at places like Watkins Glen and Infineon, look up Marcos Ambrose, he was a big time road racer now he races Nascar and makes more money finishing last place in a race than all of us combined (not really, but they do make a crap ton of money in Nascar).

It's not like Nascar doesn't take skill, I couldn't drive 200mph 1/2" away from a concrete wall with someone rubbing me on the other side...
Old 03-29-2009, 09:46 PM
Über User

your from the south so it doesn't count lol . and i never said it doesn't take skill, but its the most redneck cliche and most skill-less of all forms of racing imho. as for the road courses, i've seen it done in person using nascar, (i was there watching many other types of cars though) but never hear about them doing it or see it on tv when its occasionally on when i am flipping channels or in a bar/restaurant. its like they pretend the races that aren't just left turns don't exist or something.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:31 PM
Pr0n Addict

i've seen it once or twice on tv. but still.... nascar<all other forms of racing, even if they are slower. i'd rather auto-x hondas than race nascars
Old 03-30-2009, 10:42 AM

most skill-less of all forms of racing imho.
I'm no fan of NASCAR but I think it still takes more skill than drag racing.
Old 03-30-2009, 12:27 PM
Über User

i dont. can you control 8000 hp putting you over 300mph in less than 5 seconds accross a 1/4 mile? thats alot of skill.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:44 PM

Isn't a pro drag car mostly automated ? I know the transmission is automatic and I'm pretty sure the throttle is computerized.

From what I understand the driver just has to start the race and keep his really tight steering straight. Even the chute is automatically triggered.

I could be wrong, though, and if I am then yeah that takes a bit of skill; but otherwise the driver is just a steering wheel actuator.

Either way, the drag car is a testament to the mechanic, not the driver. Where as in NASCAR all the cars are basically identical and one driver has to take that identical car around the track faster than everyone else. That's where I see the "skill" of NASCAR compared to drag: The fact that everyone has the same equipment. (not including pit times, of course)
Old 03-30-2009, 04:38 PM
Encyclopedic Knowledge

drag racing requires instantaneous reaction time.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:15 PM
Über User

not automated at all. its all driver controlled. it is however only one gear in the car.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:42 PM

i just realized you said Earnhardt Jr. ..... (bare with me its a joke) and he is a nascar driver, so.... he used a game to tell him the next left turn was coming no matter what? lol
Dude....re-read my post. I specifically stated that I was talking about Infineon and Watkins Glen.

NASCAR is much more than just turning left. Many may say that Moris Said is one of the best road coarse drivers in the world. He runs every NASCAR road coarse. Guess how many wins he has......He has 0. Tony Stewart and Jeff Gordon generally dominate the road courses. Tony has a championship in IRL under his belt, but both Jeff and Tony got their starts 'turning left' in the dirt. Tony and Jeff can probably drive anything. I think Little E is a lot of hype. He's nothing like Dale Sr.
Old 03-30-2009, 08:50 PM
Über User

what don't you get about the statement ITS A JOKE!!!!! its right in the post. and i know what you were talking about as far as you go. your a bit presumptuous in this right now. don't be.... relax
Old 03-31-2009, 01:47 AM
F5 Hero

we're relaxed, we're just talking nascar now.

Nascar does take a lot of skill, i mean 5 seconds in a drag racing vs hours and hours in a nascar, super hot. The average driver loses 10-15 lbs a race... that's intense.

Tony Stewart is a DB...
And your right 91zxtt, little E isn't like Sr.... but you have to remember.... no one else is for that matter either. Dale was one of a kind, truley. He was the one and only Intimidator.... Have you seen Dale?
Old 03-31-2009, 07:14 AM

sorry to bring it back to the brakes. I am very interested in new g37 brakes. Someone should make an adapter for them. they would probably need a new master cylinder as well, but they are huge and fairly cheap. you can get a full set around $1500 to $2000 on ebay.
Old 03-31-2009, 07:40 AM
Pr0n Addict

yeah they are pretty good. one with upgraded brakes parked beside me the other day. i don't think they would fit inside stock wheels.

Quick Reply: front brake options