300ZX (Z32) Appearance Exterior, Interior Discussions related to body kits, accessories, interiors, window tinting etc.

New member, need help :(

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2005, 07:57 PM

New member, need help :(

Hello all,

Im new to zdriver.com and new to the z owners club (Finally after 8 years wanting one I got me a 1990 300zx 2+2 a month and a half ago), its in great cond except air cond has a leak and the fiberglass bumpers/skirts were halfassed and damaged, and there is nothing in the rear except the carpet which is sitting loose, does anyone know where I can get new interior pieces for the trunk area? (Its basically loose carpet over the bare metal where the spare used to be)... I put my car on cardomain with a pic (pic is when bought, now has new ViS Invader skirts/rear bumper and a ViS Invader 2 front bumper and is midnight blue, soon I will snap some pics or dozen) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2122908

Future plans, in a couple years after I get back stateside from being stationed in Japan, I intend on putting about 13-15k into redoing the chasis/drivetrain/engine everything with a "low milage" JDM engine and im aiming for around 500-600hp (I know converting to TT is controversial, but I want the rear seats and the TT
Old 09-23-2005, 08:04 PM

Pics up

Ah, found out I can upload pics to a gallery ... 4 pics of car at time of purchase added to gallery.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:21 AM
The Cake Is A Lie!

hey, youre in the navy right? what ship are you on?
Old 09-24-2005, 01:49 AM
Administrative Brown Guy

2+2 parts are kinda hard to come by.
Being in Japan, i'd think it'd be easier to look for the pieces you need.
I'd look on ebay and whatever the Japanese equivalent is.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:03 AM

Yes, Im in the navy on the USS Mustin. Im not in japan yet, it'll be a few months until I go there, but I intend on starting a collection of parts while im there to use on my Z when I get back
Old 09-24-2005, 02:32 PM
Doesn't post much...

That's a sweet car, You need to bring that thing up to Escondido on a friday night to park along side all of our Z's before you head off to Japan. I'll put a link to the website below.

Rod.

http://www.sandiegonorthcountyzclub.4t.com
Old 09-24-2005, 04:56 PM
S13 or Z32?....decisions, decisions.

Pimp ZZZZ, I like the idea of a comp w/ 40 gigs of mp3s + GPS, DVD and PS2 all tied into one, gotta give you props to that! Looks good and good luck w/ the projects.
Old 09-24-2005, 05:55 PM

Sounds like fun

That's a sweet car, You need to bring that thing up to Escondido on a friday night to park along side all of our Z's before you head off to Japan. I'll put a link to the website below.
Actually next friday evening I should have free, so I most likely will swing by to hang out a bit, its only about 30mi from here...

Pimp ZZZZ, I like the idea of a comp w/ 40 gigs of mp3s + GPS, DVD and PS2 all tied into one, gotta give you props to that! Looks good and good luck w/ the projects.
Thanks, unfortunately that was before I took it to the body shop, they had it parked on the street after doing the fiberglass work before painting, and it was broken into... so now I have my stereo system and a computer mount over the center console with no computer/gps/ps2, and they stole my bag of car tools and a box of coffee grounds! but luckily they left my new $1500 audio system
Old 09-25-2005, 12:11 PM
Doesn't post much...

That would be great if you can make it up here friday. We're gonna be at least one car short because my buddy got his Z31 wiped out by a drunk driver last week. Unless he finds another one in the next couple of day's, he won't be rolling. It's not a big event... yet. But thanks to people like you... hopefully it will get there.

Hope to see ya Friday,

Rod.

P.S. Anybody else in SD is welcome to show up too!!!

http://www.sandiegonorthcountyzclub.4t.com
Old 09-25-2005, 12:25 PM
confuzed member

I'm in SD, do you ahve directions to the starbucks that you guys meet at? Is it every friday?
Old 09-25-2005, 01:53 PM
Doesn't post much...

Yeah, It's every Friday. Anybody who wants to come is welcome. Once we get a good group established, we'll probbably cut back actual "Meets" to 1 or 2 a month. Right now, we're just trying to get some people to show up so we can guage what kind of crowd to expect. It's the Starbucks in the Target shopping center off of I-15 and Valley Parkway. Take the 15 North to Valley PKWY exit, Turn left and go under the freeway, Turn left into the shopping center (2nd light). Stay in the furthest right of the two left turn lanes when entering the shopping center, turn right at Carls Junior... down to the end, turn left and it's on your right about 5 doors down. You can't miss it. Depending on the regulars who show, there should already be 4 or 5 Z car's there by about 6:30. Anytime after that is cool..

Hope to see some new faces there!

Rod.