300ZX (Z31) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

what should i do

Old 05-08-2007, 03:32 PM

what should i do

I have an 85 2+2 auto that my grandpa gave to me. I know its a boring car to start out with, but what can i say, its free. I want to use it as my daily driver(I have a really clean Mercedes E320 thats all fixed up already, dont want to hurt it). But anyways, i was thinking about fixing it up a little so it doesnt look so broke. I already got the newer front bumper from an 88 Z that i will put on, but i was wondering if i should convert it to a 5 speed turbo (i found a whole engine and tranny for $300, complete with eveything and runs) but i dont know if its worth the time and effort. Remember its a 2+2. What do you guys think? Give me some opinions.
Old 05-08-2007, 06:05 PM
The Cake Is A Lie!

i say if you like the car, keep it and go turbo if thats what you want to do. yeah, the z31 2+2 is probably the least pretty Z, but with the 87+ bumper it'll look better. keep in mind you will also need the 87+ hood, fenders, and headlights to convert the front end. if it were me, i would sell it find an 87+ turbo ready to go. all boils down to what you want to do though.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by entropy31
i say if you like the car, keep it and go turbo if thats what you want to do. yeah, the z31 2+2 is probably the least pretty Z, but with the 87+ bumper it'll look better. keep in mind you will also need the 87+ hood, fenders, and headlights to convert the front end. if it were me, i would sell it find an 87+ turbo ready to go. all boils down to what you want to do though.
You don't need the fenders. God damn I'm sick of seeing that same stupid **** posted over and over and over incorrectly.

Keep the original fenders or the car will look really stupid with mismatched front and rear fender flares.
Old 05-09-2007, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by AZ-ZBum
You don't need the fenders. God damn I'm sick of seeing that same stupid **** posted over and over and over incorrectly.

Keep the original fenders or the car will look really stupid with mismatched front and rear fender flares.
Ya, i wasnt planning on getting the fenders, but i did want to replace the hood. Will they bolt right on? (the hood and bumper)
Old 05-14-2007, 02:38 PM

http://moredhel.net/radare/87frontend.html

Search this Thread