300ZX (Z31) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

Slave cylinder modification

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2014, 02:09 PM

Thumbs down Slave cylinder modification

Ok guys so I need some help...I got a new slave cylinder for my 84' N/A 300zx and it won't fit. It catches on the bellhousing lip. I think its pretty obvious that there different in casting, theres a cut out on the old one the new one doesn't have. So my question is, can I grind away a bit of the slave casting in order to make clearance? Or will I run into issues? I am new to the Z community so any advice or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

Old 05-04-2014, 03:31 PM

Warranty

It will most likely void your warranty, but if all you have to do is round out an edge or something, not cutting so much you weaken it, take some care on a bench grinder or use a Dremel tool and you should be ok. Use a sharpie to hi light where you are having interference. Or grind down a little on the bell housing, most likely it is not an OEM Nissan part, so you might see some issues with tolerances that a grinder can fix.
Old 05-04-2014, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by PredatorZ
It will most likely void your warranty, but if all you have to do is round out an edge or something, not cutting so much you weaken it, take some care on a bench grinder or use a Dremel tool and you should be ok. Use a sharpie to hi light where you are having interference. Or grind down a little on the bell housing, most likely it is not an OEM Nissan part, so you might see some issues with tolerances that a grinder can fix.
That's exactly what I was thinking, and I guess I should expect a little hassle with non-OEM parts. I didn't really think about grinding the bell housing either, I might just do that so I don't void the warranty. The brand name of the new slave is called "Rhino Pac" in case anyone else runs into the same problem. "Premium" my ***...