300ZX (Z31) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

help?!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2013, 01:33 PM

help?!

Ok, I really hope someone can help me, because i am stumped, I drive an '86 N/A with 210,000 miles, no serious mods, just electric fans, and poly subframe bushings, and a solid rear diff mount. My problem started around two weeks ago, whenever i pull out of my driveway, or from a light or anywhere, but only when i am turning left, and i accelerate even slightly quicker then a normal pace, the engine bucks and lurches, causing th car to jerk back and forth wildly, its like it cuts of completely and then starts back up, over and over until i straighten out. any ideas?
Old 08-31-2013, 06:06 PM
Grumpy & Helpful

is your battery securely tied down? usually happens with a loose battery grounding out when it slides around. Are your battery cable terminals clean tight and free of corrosion? Are any frayed wires around the battery or in engine room. you are grounding or shorting something out when you turn left. have someone turn the steering wheel lock to lock while you watch what is happening in the eng compartment
Old 09-02-2013, 02:53 AM

Engine mounts or transmission mount or both.