300ZX (Z31) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

help?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 09:35 AM

help?

Let's see, where to begin? Well last summer i was rear ended while stopped at a stop light which ended up in my car being totalled I believe the turbo was going out because there was blue smoke from the exhaust and oil on the turbo side of the throttle body. Please correct me if im wrong. The point here is that i didnt want to deal with it at the time so it sat in my driveway until recently. Keep in mind at this time it would start up. Now recently i decided i would like to get it started up again but it wouldnt start. My first thought was the battery (which did die like i thought) and i got a replacement. Now i didnt think there was a special way to hook a battery up to a car but it seems like i messed up somewhere because i put the positive on and then whenever i would touch the negative wire to the terminal it would arc and (this may have been stupid of me) i then completely put the connector onto the terminal which then caused a relay(?) right next to the battery to begin smoking? It soon stopped and i went to turn on the car. When i put it in the on position none of the electronics turn on but what i think is the fuel pump begins running (i think) and sounds like a very loud electric motor that might be going out. Where should i begin looking for a cause? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!
Old 07-04-2006, 04:02 AM

First make certain you have the negative cable on the negative terminal and the positive on the positive terminal on the battery. If they are reversed it will cause a ton of problems.
Old 07-04-2006, 12:40 PM

yea the battery terminals are good. It happened after i got in the accident and i let the car sit for a few months, then i went back and it wouldnt turn over.