300ZX (Z31) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

Fpr ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 10:20 PM

Fpr ?

Alright anyone's help would be great. I have been having some problems with my car since I changed the valve cover gaskets. First my tps went out. I have changed that. Now its being all weird and bucking and crap. I check the obdc and it said that the Fuel Temp Sensor (FTS for now on) is bad on it. At first I thought it was a vac leak but i have made sure all of my hoses are good and on.

Anyway the FTS is on the FPR(fuel pressure regulator). Sounds easy enough but for some reason I can't just go out and buy a FTS at any of the auto parts stores and no one can tell me if the FRP comes with one. What I am really asking is if there is a way to by pass this stupid little sensor. There has to be right because im sure some of you guys are running adjustable FPR. I don't know I just wish I could find this part and hopefully fix my car.

She still runs fine under full boost and what not but she just bucks like a bronco in the rodeo. Someone please help me. I hate not having her at her prime.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:26 AM

The Regulator, if you purchase one from an OEM Nissan supplier, will come with the sensor on it. The auto parts chain stores are hit and miss with the sensor attached. The only way to know is to ask the counter to verify it's exhistance on the part before you commit to purchase.

Advance Auto (PartsAmerica.com)online pics actually shows multiple units WITH the sensor on it.
Old 11-03-2006, 08:50 AM

http://www.az-zbum.com/information.common.parts.shtml

And the FPR comes with the FTS.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:27 AM

az bum you Kick A$$ as always thank you very much I ordered the sensor and were good to go its just going to take a week to get here. Hopefully this fixes everything.