300ZX (Z31) Performance / Technical Discussions related to Turbo charging, Supercharging, Engine, ECU, exhaust, and etc. performance enhancements and Techical related.

Fed Up

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2006, 09:09 PM

Angry Fed Up

ok, I am not sure if this is posted else where, if so...smight me down all mighty smighters.

I have a 1986 300zx, and it is running like sh_t!!!! I dont understand, somedays it will purr, o my does it purr. But days like today, it runs rough tries to die and there is no performance. any suggestions? Some tell me its my hair of an exhaust leak others tell me a new egr is called for. I am in germany, so parts are going to take a while to get to me, and the last thing I need is a part that is not needed.

thanx for any info. if any.

WolfMan
Old 01-17-2006, 06:16 AM
Jack Of All Trades

Intermittent problems like yours tend to be in the area of dirty / loose / bad electrical connections and/or vacuum lines. There's not much cost involved with checking, cleaning and replacing those items. It should be the first place you look.
Old 01-17-2006, 10:02 AM

thanks for the info. Sometimes we get carried away and forget to look for the small things. I was doing that today and found a loose corroded wire, hope that did the trick. Thanks again
Old 01-18-2006, 08:22 AM

sweet it worked, now my Z is again..to be feared...watchout beemers..hehe I am commin for you!!!
Old 01-18-2006, 09:00 AM
The Good Twin

Originally Posted by WolfMan
sweet it worked, now my Z is again..to be feared...watchout beemers..hehe I am commin for you!!!
Put ya Z against an M5... I'd like to know who wins
Old 01-19-2006, 10:01 AM

common, thats like saying my corvet will blow your car out of the water, two totally different classes, I perfer to say that the 300zx is like a camaro, and the skyline is like the corvett. just my thought.