Click on these (I searched "coilovers" for you):

https://www.zdriver.com/forums/showt...ight=coilovers

Old 02-29-2012, 10:43 PM

here you go

http://www.andysautosport.com/nissan...sc_suspension/

1st ones Ive been able to find, from a thai company I believe... they look really nice, on my list for upgrades
Old 03-01-2012, 07:36 AM

Originally Posted by PredatorZ

1st ones Ive been able to find, from a thai company I believe... they look really nice, on my list for upgrades
Ok now I have to find somewhere else other then Andys to buy these. I have been reading reviews on this brand and Subby guys seem to love them. I am a little concerned though because the application guide says it fits 300zx years 84-00. Time to do a bit more research on these.

Upon looking further, I have only been able to find 1 Z31 with these on them (kojack's 2+2), and if you try to order them from the ISC website, they are listed as "84-00 Z32 coilovers" on the application guide, but 90-96 Z32 on the order form. Something is wrong here.

Last edited by Bates; 03-01-2012 at 07:59 AM.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:45 AM

http://shop.tougefactory.com/stance-...1-gr-coilover/

a buddy over at z31p showed me the site to buy stance coilovers, they seem to be the best for our cars so for or try stsuspensions.com
Old 03-01-2012, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by alexbre00
http://shop.tougefactory.com/stance-...1-gr-coilover/

a buddy over at z31p showed me the site to buy stance coilovers, they seem to be the best for our cars so for or try stsuspensions.com
They are nice but they require modifications and adapters for them to work. They are not bolt ons, not by a long shot. And they are not cheap.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:29 AM
Über User

They aren't a cheap company, they are a huge shop here in IL and set a local track record with stance coilovers on. They are good quality and race worthy.
Old 03-01-2012, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
They aren't a cheap company, they are a huge shop here in IL and set a local track record with stance coilovers on. They are good quality and race worthy.
I never said they were a cheap company. I am quite aware of how good Stance is. But not every Z31 owner wants to pay 1500$+ for coilovers that aren't direct bolt ons.
Old 03-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Über User

1500 really isny bad, thoigh i understand if a number like tgat just isn't possible for some ppl
Old 03-01-2012, 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by snwbrderphat540
1500 really isny bad, thoigh i understand if a number like tgat just isn't possible for some ppl
That's just my point though. Having a few options would be nice. It's depressing to look at other cars see that they have 700$-2000$ options, while we pretty much have one choice. Having 2 or 3 options would just be nice that's all lol.
Old 03-01-2012, 05:10 PM

Complete sets

Would be nice , if stance is so good, why dont they really make true coil overs for the z31, for a DIY setup, 1185 + the xtra work required is robbery. Cant really give them props for a 1/2 baked idea, IMHO, why not take it one step further and provide a true bolt on. This isnt rocket science, yet there seems to be a big void in the aftermarket for our cars.

Last edited by PredatorZ; 03-01-2012 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:28 PM
Ruff Ryder

Would be nice , if stance is so good, why dont they really make true coil overs for the z31, for a DIY setup, 1185 + the xtra work required is robbery. Cant really give them props for a 1/2 baked idea, IMHO, why not take it one step further and provide a true bolt on. This isnt rocket science, yet there seems to be a big void in the aftermarket for our cars.
If you can't afford the parts and won't do a little work to make them fit then maybe cars just aren't for you.

There is a void because people like you want bad *** bolt on parts, but aren't willing to pay the price or put a little effort into installing what parts are available. If you can't afford a measly $1500, then you should really just give up on cars.

To put $1500 into perspective, I have spent $1500 for just a weekend at the track without anything breaking. The suspension on my mountain bike costs about $1500 and I have put more then $1500 into just tires for a weekend at the track.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to get into cars, or to not have the budget to mod them, but if you don't even have the money for them or have something similar on your car, just keep your ****ing mouth shut before you try and bash a decent set of coils.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:40 PM
Über User

Plus there's little demand for something like that on a z31. They do make true bolt ons and many variations of a coilover depending on the use it will get for hundreds of other cars. Can a true bolt on 100% coilovers be make for a z31 even? Cause it can't for an s30 or s130 because they integrated strut tubes to hub assemblies.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:17 AM

Do those require any modification to install?
Old 03-02-2012, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Flacster
Do those require any modification to install?
I'm positive they are not bolt ons and are made for Z32s only. I am waiting to hear back from ISC because their application guide is confusing.

As I said, the only person I could find with those coilovers was Kojack, and that was on his 2+2.
Old 03-02-2012, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by hoov100
If you can't afford the parts and won't do a little work to make them fit then maybe cars just aren't for you.

There is a void because people like you want bad *** bolt on parts, but aren't willing to pay the price or put a little effort into installing what parts are available. If you can't afford a measly $1500, then you should really just give up on cars.

To put $1500 into perspective, I have spent $1500 for just a weekend at the track without anything breaking. The suspension on my mountain bike costs about $1500 and I have put more then $1500 into just tires for a weekend at the track.

There is nothing wrong with wanting to get into cars, or to not have the budget to mod them, but if you don't even have the money for them or have something similar on your car, just keep your ****ing mouth shut before you try and bash a decent set of coils.
But that's you. That's not the average person. We aren't driving some fancy European car, or some ultra rare car where parts would normally be hard to find or crazy expensive. We are driving a very common 80's car that just gets no love, and right now in an economy that blows, 1500$ for coilovers is a little rough for some people. Grant it the quality is worth every penny, so it's a catch 22. You have to pay to play, but that's the case with all cars.

The fact is when you jump into a Z31 you are jumping into a world where no one loves it. It makes finding parts and upgrades a lot harder, but it puts you in a different league then all the other cockroach cars (cars you see constantly like EVOS, Civics, STIs, GTIs, etc...) you see on the road.

I'd love to get the Stance coilovers, and while 1500$ isn't going to break my bank sometimes its hard justifying spending that much money on a single upgrade for a car, that probably isn't even worth 1500$ lol. While I would love for those ISCs to be bolts on, I know they aren't. I think I'll end up just dropping 750$ on a set of Bilsteins and Eibachs.