300ZX (Z31) Forums Dedicated to 84-89 ZCars otherwize known as the Z31's

Son of a ...............

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2002, 03:04 PM
Well, maybe one more

Location: Far away, locked up from anything interesting, almost in the dead center of the US
Son of a ...............

So I go to take some pics of my exhaust manifolds now that they are done, and when I get to the shop, I get to see the 'LONG FACE' on the machinist. BIG crack in manifold. No, we can't fix it. No, you need a new one. No, it was already broke, let me show you........guy sprays some oil into the manifold, and this crack appears on the outside, dripping oil like a seive. Guess i know why I was having boost problems. Anyways, anyone got a turbo side exhaust manifold for an 87t laying around anywhere they don't need? Let me know, I need it soon.
Thanx
Ghostz

Old 11-16-2002, 11:35 AM

Re: Son of a ...............

Depending on where you live, there are a ton of junk lots here in Dallas with z's there that are in fairly good shape. I've been getting some parst there myself. If you want, I'll look for a manifold for you next time out.

Old 11-18-2002, 08:02 AM
Well, maybe one more

Location: Far away, locked up from anything interesting, almost in the dead center of the US

Well, My machinist isn't a idiot,thankfully, so he didn't do the work on the man with the crack. Just the other side so far. The crack runs all alog the manifold, and has two seperate lines on it. I don't really want to weld it, I would rather have a replacement.

Old 11-20-2002, 10:35 PM
Well, maybe one more

Found one! 50.00$. No crack. All is good. Thanx all!

Ghostz