300ZX (Z31) Forums Dedicated to 84-89 ZCars otherwize known as the Z31's

How many here own a 50th AE?

Old 10-18-2008, 10:51 PM

Question How many here own a 50th AE?

I have owned mine since 86 and still enjoy it. Who else owns one on this forum?
Old 10-24-2008, 08:16 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
is my favorite Z31--i had 2 of the 1986 ones---one na , one turbo....
Old 10-28-2008, 04:14 PM

Z FACTOR I see you are in Florida, there is a AE in tampa for $1500 and I want to get it so bad but the funds are to low right now. I'm trying to get a friend to get it though.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:15 PM
Queen of Yachts

Location: warmspott, trollville.......somewhere sailing the seas--fla, virgin islands...wherever....warm water....LOL
1500 is dirt cheeeeep for these, mon---find a money tree and get the car!!!!!!! it will only increase in value...if it is in goood shape....
Old 10-28-2008, 08:59 PM

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by badboyz31
Z FACTOR I see you are in Florida, there is a AE in tampa for $1500 and I want to get it so bad but the funds are to low right now. I'm trying to get a friend to get it though.
Well for $1,500 it is either a steal or a piece of junk. Ironically I will be heading up to Tampa next week, so if you want I can check it out for you assuming it is still for sale. If it is in decent shape I will let you know.
Now if your friend doesn't come through, I might be willing to help. I am not promising you that I would buy it and hold it for a long time, but I would consider it if you could come up with the money reasonably soon.

Let me know as I am always willing to help out those who love the 50th AE's.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:34 PM

Just an FYI - I read the ad for that supposed AE in Tampa and I have my doubts as to it's authenticity. I suspect a clone. Regardless, I think based on it's description with a engine knock and overheating it has a blown head gasket among other maladies. While I am still willing to look at it for you next week (out of morbid curiosity), I think you should save your money and pass on this one.
If you would like, I will keep an eye out for an AE in that price range, but it will need some work because rarely will you find one under $3k that does not need a lot of TLC.

So let me know.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:10 PM
The Good Twin

Ways to authenticate an AE: http://www.az-zbum.com/information.50th.ae.shtml
Old 11-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Queen of Yachts

ok---i no longer own my 50 AE-----was sold for 3k today after being on market for 1 1/2-2 yrs----dammit----market soooo sux---man is getting a terrific car for so little.....but now i can buy a n engine for my boat....and go cruising under sail.......
Old 11-03-2008, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by z-hag
ok---i no longer own my 50 AE-----was sold for 3k today after being on market for 1 1/2-2 yrs----dammit----market soooo sux---man is getting a terrific car for so little.....but now i can buy a n engine for my boat....and go cruising under sail.......
Sorry to hear you sold your baby, but I guess we all make changes in our lives from time to time.

As to the price, I think the AE's are still going up, but of course this is not a good time to be selling anything, especially cars or real estate.

I hope you suggested he register here. Feel free to refer him to me for any questions he might have about AE's.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:34 AM

Question

Looking through this thread, it has dawned on me that aside from Z-Hag(who just sold hers), no one else seems to own one. I know they are becoming increasingly rare, but unless this forum is dead, I'd be surprised if I was the only owner of a 50th AE.

Anyone else out there?
Old 11-09-2008, 12:23 PM
Queen of Yachts

ok---buyer only wanted to pay me 1500 for 50AE---i pulled deal--still io smine---still is FOR SALE!!!!!!!!!!! she is a beauty and runs like a champ---sounds absolutely awesome, too---starts right up after sitting a month and 1/2....still on car domain.....http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2400228
Old 11-09-2008, 01:59 PM

It's just a shame I can't scrape up the $$$ for that.

I'd be more than happy to give it a warm and loving home.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:20 AM
Queen of Yachts

wink---if you has a job and are able to pay me payments we might be able to converse regarding this car--pm me please......
Old 11-16-2008, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Z Factor
Looking through this thread, it has dawned on me that aside from Z-Hag(who just sold hers), no one else seems to own one. I know they are becoming increasingly rare, but unless this forum is dead, I'd be surprised if I was the only owner of a 50th AE.

Anyone else out there?
I own one. And this forum isn't huge for the Z31 crowd. Who said they were becoming increasingly rare? There always seems to be one or two on e-bay.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:33 PM

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by AZ-ZBum
I own one. And this forum isn't huge for the Z31 crowd. Who said they were becoming increasingly rare? There always seems to be one or two on e-bay.
Yes there are always a few, but compared with other cars, these were low production and disappearing with every passing year. Heck you could pick up an AE in good shape for $1-$2k not all that long ago. Now that the numbers are dwindling, their value is growing significantly. Heck the few garage queens you see on eBay are asking and sometimes getting anywhere from $15-$25k which is a far cry from the prices just 5 years ago.

As to this forum being dead, PM me with a few that are more active. Z31.com is pretty dead also.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by z-hag
wink---if you has a job and are able to pay me payments we might be able to converse regarding this car--pm me please......

Oh, trust me. If I could make payments on that car, I WOULD!!!!!!

These economic times are hurting worse than I originally anticipated. I'm actually thinking about selling my 86. I don't want to. But sometimes, you just gotta do what you gotta do.

Believe me on this.... I'm kicking and screaming the whole way on this issue. I just hope that car goes to a deserving owner.
Old 11-21-2008, 12:19 AM

I've got one. I've had it since 2003. I'm the 3rd owner. Mine sits in the garage 98% of the time. I'm hoping these increase in value some day
Old 11-21-2008, 10:44 AM
Queen of Yachts

Originally Posted by my86z
Oh, trust me. If I could make payments on that car, I WOULD!!!!!!

These economic times are hurting worse than I originally anticipated. I'm actually thinking about selling my 86. I don't want to. But sometimes, you just gotta do what you gotta do.

Believe me on this.... I'm kicking and screaming the whole way on this issue. I just hope that car goes to a deserving owner.
so do i --i swhy i have been pon hewre abou tit --there is a guy in dago---elias---who owns a marine engine store----he might get her---in trade---i dono tknow yet.....is the only way i can get somethingworthwhile to me out of her and no tmiss the girl--she is beautiful....
Old 11-21-2008, 09:42 PM

Question

Originally Posted by Ponchoz
I've got one. I've had it since 2003. I'm the 3rd owner. Mine sits in the garage 98% of the time. I'm hoping these increase in value some day
Hello and welcome to the forum.

How many miles on it, and what is it's overall condition?
Old 11-26-2008, 07:30 PM

Well hopefully here soon the AE will be here at my house...Z-hag...hurry up sweetie!!! lol
Old 11-26-2008, 09:16 PM
Queen of Yachts

Originally Posted by thxone
Well hopefully here soon the AE will be here at my house...Z-hag...hurry up sweetie!!! lol
gonna leave dec 5 i believe----should be there in time to catch plane dec 11 for san juan......my friends will get kat ready for his passport and i will come ge him in a few weeks.....is easier to get a kat into the countries than a dog----but is still weird---takes a bout a month to get kats papers and then i fly with hm to wherever....gonna miss the guy---and i know he will miss me----is my buddy.....but he has a lot of friends here to watch over him....

Old 11-27-2008, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by Z Factor
Hello and welcome to the forum.

How many miles on it, and what is it's overall condition?
Thanks! The car is in really good condition. Most everything is original and works (paint, bodysonics, radio, a/c, etc..). Mileage as of today is 131,092. Bad thing is I don't have the gold key, ae floor mats or car cover. Other than that everything is there. I bought it from a guy in the military for 3K who was desperate to get rid of it before he went to Korea. That was my 3rd Z at that time so I knew it was a steal.
Old 11-29-2008, 11:06 PM

There is a 50ae 300zx hear in my town... i caught him pulled him over and talked to him for a little bit... got the scoop on the car were he got it were its from etc.... he paid 500 dollars for it... its blue on blue its a 5 speed i belive.. the guy doesnt know anything about it at all... just a fyi there is a 50ae in this small town ...

p.s. i have seen 3 other 300zx's in my town one red 2 seater n.a. a white 1990 300zx 2+2 and a 1994 300zxtt local base guy owns it.. then my car :-) 1993 300zx 2+2
Old 11-30-2008, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by nismo619
There is a 50ae 300zx hear in my town... i caught him pulled him over and talked to him for a little bit... got the scoop on the car were he got it were its from etc.... he paid 500 dollars for it... its blue on blue its a 5 speed i belive.. the guy doesnt know anything about it at all... just a fyi there is a 50ae in this small town ...

p.s. i have seen 3 other 300zx's in my town one red 2 seater n.a. a white 1990 300zx 2+2 and a 1994 300zxtt local base guy owns it.. then my car :-) 1993 300zx 2+2
If it's blue on blue, it's NOT a 50th AE.

Read:
http://z31.com/wiki/doku.php?id=information:84ae
Old 11-30-2008, 10:47 AM
Queen of Yachts

i saw a 50th anniversary edition normally aspirated yesterday---is beautiful and a darker gold---2 anniversary edition badges---he was first owner and is absolutely gorgeous---he only used 50th anniversary edition parts off another dcar he bought for parts, and also has a 1913 ford-----awesome collectors

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: How many here own a 50th AE?