Help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2002, 11:18 PM

Help!!!

Transmission fluid disapearing?!?!

Old 09-27-2002, 09:23 PM
burgerflippin' bastard

Re: Help!!!

thats alot of fluid to be losing in such a short amount of time. but when mine leaked, it leaked on the exhaust and was burned while i was driving. bad gasket. i didnt smell smoke either because it was being carried by the wind. when i parked, there were no puddles. apparently it only leaked when the car was driven. dont know dude. check your tranny cooling lines.

Old 09-27-2002, 10:34 PM

Check the fluid in yoru radiator and make sure it looks clean. sometimes (since the cooler is integrated with the radiator) the cooler leaks and contaminates your coolant. Then it goes into the overflow tank. Either way, you don't want coolant in yoru tranny and vice-versa.
Also see if it's leaking at the pan. (you probaly checked that already didn't u?)

Old 09-28-2002, 10:27 PM

I need to get up underneath and look at rear seal to see if it is spraying. Talked to mechanic that thinks this might be it and the only way to tell is if you park on an incline or look underneath to see if spraying wich would occur while driving. Thanks for the help. If you get anything from your meeting, please let us know.