300ZX (Z31) Forums Dedicated to 84-89 ZCars otherwize known as the Z31's

84 300zx kart?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2015, 05:45 PM

84 300zx kart?

so I've had an 84 na 300zx for about 5 years now. bought it for about $1,000 running and driving. overheated on me and so I put a water pump in it and I may have taken the thermostat out I can't remember. As far I know the overheating problem was fixed. It was trailered to where I'm at now. I drove it off the trailer and it's been parked for right around 4 years. I've just been wanting to get rid of it but recently had an idea inspired by hot rod magazine where they took an old corvette to the track and then started chopping off everything to see how fast it would go. After that they went even further and built a cage around it and it looks pretty fun.

I know there's plenty of people that might want it or might want to restore it and it would be nice but I definitely don't have the funds or the motivation.

So I was just wondering what the nice people on the forums thought about it. Any suggestions, comments, ideas?

I'm sure it wouldn't take much to get running again. I think it probably needs a rear main and a clutch I remember it would slip a little under full throttle. maybe address any other leaks it has and remove anything that is unnecessary. I believe it didn't have ac to begin with
Old 11-14-2015, 01:51 PM
Grumpy & Helpful

if you aren't going to fix it sell it to someone that appreciates a Z31. you didn't state your location probably plenty of people on here would be interested for the right price.
Old 11-15-2015, 04:52 PM

It's not that I don't appreciate it. I appreciate almost all Nissan vehicles. I'm sure I could find someone to buy it fairly easily as I was only wanting like $400 before I had my idea. Now it's just kind of about having fun. Doing something to this car I don't think anyone's ever really done. plus for the most part it won't cost much money just a lot of time and effort at first.

I definitely wouldn't be opposed to parting it out and selling all the parts I take off instead of just hacking it up and throwing everything in the dumpster.